10 reasons why I won't buy BTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Artificial Intelligence

Automated units are now much improved and will listen to the city governor, i.e. if commerce is the focus the automated workers will focus on commerce improvements.

Sounds great! Thanks Methos. Glad to hear that.

1. No new maps

someone correct me if I'm wrong but I could swear I read somewhere that they definitely will have completely new map scripts in BTS. I thought Sirian was actually working with them on that.

1. No new maps

someone correct me if I'm wrong but I could swear I read somewhere that they definitely will have completely new map scripts in BTS. I thought Sirian was actually working with them on that.
I think I heard them say they were working on map generation. Same options, but the result would be better looking maps.

Anyone hear that?

The sound of the thread being shot down into the ground. :)
All I hear are the sirens of the Whaaaaaaambulance.

About half the things u just said are included in the game, and no one cares that you dont want to buy it. The people here in the forum want to buy it. I CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

Yay troll threads. I wonder what exactly trollers are looking for when they know exactly the kinds of responses that they're gonna get. Plus, don't they know they make us feel better by whacking their silly post into the ground?

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Am I the only person that thinks mods here are pretty un reactive to this?

I'm saying that in the couple of months I've posted here, read for a while before.

Moderator Action: Please use the 'report post' function when you come across a troll or spam thread like this. It helps us out since we can't cover every post of every thread on CFC.

1. No new maps
2. No fix for Air and Naval unit warfare
3. No fix for Unit production cost (it's too low)
4. No graphic speed enhancement
5. No better AI
6. No new tile improvements (ex. Land/Water minefield, No new resources, etc)
7. No new religions
8. No new civics
9. No support Win-Lose-Dis system for Multiplayers (Unofficial Ladder report system is ridiculous)
10. No new patch for Warlords

11. No monkeys

I've officially decided to boycott any game that doesn't feature monkeys. I can't imagine how it could be worth it to buy a game that doesn't include every specific demand I want.

1. No new maps

I've figured Siran is working for modifing the old maps. No new maps and No new resources are one of the concepts of BTS. Take a look at this;

Will there be new resources?
<alexman> No new resources, but old resources are now more important because of corporations.

<alexman> No new maps, but old maps are now more important because of new civilizations.

Are there any plans or projects beyond "Beyond..."? Civ5? Alpha Centauri 2? Another expansion?
<FXS_JonShafer> we are always working on something cool
<FXS_jsmith> there are always plans. heh
<FXS_JonShafer> but you won't hear about it here, sorry

Firaxis will add some new resources in Civ5 or Beyond........

Just what is the point of adding more resources?
You can get more than enough happiness if you control all the luxuries already, so that happiness buildings matter very little, except in huge cities. So no more luxury resources please, unless basic mechanic of the resources changes. Same with health resources. And would adding more strategic resources make the game better? I don't think it would, I think Firaxis hit the right balance with number of strategic resources to use.
More doesn't mean better.

EDIT:
Aren't maps randomly generated? You just want more map scripts? If this x-pack will be bad it's because it will fail at critical points- espionage, corporations can be unbalanced, buggy, unuseful, not fun... But not because it will lack easily download-able maps and map scripts.

EDIT 2:
What new maps would you like to have in? Could you post an example?

One reason I won't be buying BTS:

It won't be available for the MAC for a while :)

Cheers.

12) No lava stage. What sort of video game doesn't have a lava stage? Even the fantasy mod is some crummy ice thing!

13) They included the Holy Roman Empire, creating a horrific taint that has spread throughout the entire code. Not even modding the HRE out will be able to save the disk. We must kill it with fire.

14) No Hitler. Why is Hitler never in these games? It's not as if Firaxis would be opening the door to massive controversy for no real effect or anything.

15) They cut Superrobo. Now Superrobo will never be repaired. Curse you, Firaxis! Robots can learn to love!

Thank you OP for helping me get rid of the "you haven't posted" notice.

I am agreeing with everyone else... don't let the door hit you on the way out of the forum.

Does that work?

P.S.
11. No CANADA

As a Michigander I can tell you Canada is part of our American civilization and America has been in for a long time. We even use some Canadian Currency, mostly change, and people in Detroit often work in canada, or live there and come to Detroit to work.

Why do you think they never use the United States flag? It's not the civilization USA, it's the civilization of America. Or perhaps more specifically North America.

So no, your not going to see a special "Canada" civ, probably ever. Deal with it. There won't be a USA one either.

They don't use the flag because even they being probably mostly Americans know that a US flag in 4000 BC would be quite ridiculous, given the fact that that nation has been around for a mere 231 years.

And what would Canada be like in the game? Hm, their UU would be the lumberjack (replaces worker). He gets a 25% bonus for chopping. And the UB would be the log house, a special improvement like a hut that can be built in tundra and ice :D

No idea for a leader, though. Did Canada ever have one known outside of its borders? Or even within?

1. No new maps
2. No fix for Air and Naval unit warfare
3. No fix for Unit production cost (it's too low)
4. No graphic speed enhancement
5. No better AI
6. No new tile improvements (ex. Land/Water minefield, No new resources, etc)
7. No new religions
8. No new civics
9. No support Win-Lose-Dis system for Multiplayers (Unofficial Ladder report system is ridiculous)
10. No new patch for Warlords

P.S.
11. No CANADA

Totally agree with the Win-Lose system for MP. The sky truly is the limit with this but Firaxis has dropped the ball TERRIBLY on this subject. Look at what games like CnC3 or Warcraft 3 have done! Video games as a 'sport' is HUGE right now. Logging in, playing a game, then logging out just doesn't cut it. And yes, the ladder report system is ridiculous...no matter how much they hype it up.

16. No I-WIN button
17. No Better Player program
18. No Giant Death Robots in the epic game. I want Transformers kicking my enemy's ass.
19. No new planet scripts - Mars at least would have been nice
20. Weak nukes not fixed
21. Nukes still cause Global Warming and not Nuclear Winter
22. Environmentalism does not stop Global Warming
23. The game is still extremely difficult without exploiting animals
24. No nudist Ecotopia civic
25. Still no option other than to play as humans

I could think of more.

PS: 26. No POLAND or uber samurai SECOND JAPANESE LEADER. How do you Pole dance or make sushi like this?

18 is inncorrect. You can actually have GDRs in the epic game now.

Tell a Canadian that they are a part of America and you will get a rather rude response. In fact our whole identity is that we are not American. Though are currency is almost the same except we use coins for 1$, and 2$ cause we like to preserve our lush forests. We have a similar culture although our ethnicity is much more diverse and we have two official languages, we don't follow the whole melting pot idea. We also, and this may come as a shock to you, like Hockey. As for great leader that is internationally known I should think Lester Pearson should be known since he was the main player in resolving the Suez Canal crisis and put forward the idea of the UN force, although sadly today Canada plays a much smaller role in the UN.

Why do I prattle on about Canada in a forum regarding why someone won't buy the game? Because nobody cares. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom