1700AD Scenario Development Thread

Some changes about 1700 Brazil and Portugal

-Belém should start with 2 population , since it was small in 1700

-Recife should start with a Dike to display it's dutch heritage

-São Paulo should start with a catholic monastery

-Portugal should have a starting settler in Rio or São Paulo to settle the gold region , or even with a city on the gold or 1SW with the name of Ouro Preto or Vila Rica with a mine already there(Belo Horizonte was only founded in 1887 and Brasília couldn't be on the gold , it is more to the west)

-This is more of a question , Portugal starts the scenario the agrarianism but in the other scenarios when Portugal spawns it spawns with urbanization , so which is the correct one ?

-Implement the Northeastern map changes I've mentioned before
Spoiler :

Are all 1700 civs getting updated DOC text? Just loaded up an Iran game and was bemused to see the Persia text come up.
Should be already?

Lol, that's Iranic
Oh, you.

-This is more of a question , Portugal starts the scenario the agrarianism but in the other scenarios when Portugal spawns it spawns with urbanization , so which is the correct one ?
Maybe they switched civics in the meantime? But I will change it to Urbanization.

As I written in another thread, area near Samara, Viatka, Ekaterinburg is too poor with food area to place there 3 cities. Add there one food resource, please.
In that region living almost 10 millions people, it would be fair to add there food resource. Near Ekaterinburg (region with 4,5 millions of inhabitants) or near Samara (region with 3,5 millions of inhabitants). (population of regions - not cities itself, but however...)
Or at least tell, what you think about it.
And, by the way, Viatka is on a river. River called Viatka.

Not all rivers can be on the map. But one food resource in the general area sounds good.

Not all rivers can be on the map. But one food resource in the general area sounds good.
oh, big thanks, it will make that area much more useful.
As for resource itself and its location. I suggest wheat near Samara.
On a website, dedicated to agriculture in Samara written, that they growing 1,2 millions tons of wheat a year. I don't sure, but I think that it is a lot.
And as for Tyumen, its population only 400-500 thousand inhabitants, all region only 1 million. That region in comparision to Ekaterinburg is four times smaller, and I suggest to move deer closer to Ekaterinburg from Tyumen.
But anyway, I will be glad to any changes in that area.

Maybe they switched civics in the meantime? But I will change it to Urbanization.

Nope , I in the first turn they're like that

Since Brazil and Argentina spawn depends on the owner stability , how much does it need for them not to spawn ?

I forget some points in my previous post , the plantations in 1700 were manly from slaves so I'd say it should start with some slave plantations , also the coffe should spawn later , since it was only cultivated in Rio in 1770 ,in São Paulo 1817 and the other in the beggining of the 19th century , so I'd say to make them spawn on 1750 to not be so rough.

Please Leoreth send some feedback on my suggestions , it would bring peace to my mind

But...You can play the latest SVN with VD&ECs? How can you do it? THx

Look at the VD thread, though I have actually just deleted mine.

Also mentioned somewhere else, but also should be here: Tobacco 1S of Washington is no longer there.

Sukadana should be Hindu and Buddhist. Islam can spread, though the da'wah actually arrive there at 1740 earliest on Kingdom of Mempawah

IRL, most of Kalimantan are non-Muslim, majority are either Christian denomination or followers of traditional Dayak religion Kaharingan. Specifically in the Sukadana area, Muslim are minority.

Next,

Ambon, Malacca and Batavia should both have Catholic and Protestant religion.

Sukadana should be Hindu and Buddhist. Islam can spread, though the da'wah actually arrive there at 1740 earliest on Kingdom of Mempawah

IRL, most of Kalimantan are non-Muslim, majority are either Christian denomination or followers of traditional Dayak religion Kaharingan. Specifically in the Sukadana area, Muslim are minority.

Next,

Ambon, Malacca and Batavia should both have Catholic and Protestant religion.

Also, Colombo is missing Buddhism, which is much more prominent than Hinduism there (though leaving Hinduism there is fine since it has a significant following among Sri Lankan Tamils--Sri Lanka is about 65% Buddhist/Sinhalese, 30% Hindu/Tamil, 5% various other religions and ethnic groups (Muslim Tamils, Christians, etc.)).

Concerning Toronto, I'm aware that it is ahistorical, but it's either this or no British Canada at all for the whole game.

Wich will be realistic. If the British have not conquer New France, there will be no such things like English Canada by now. If you give Toronto to the French, it will reflect a more historical New France, and theres still good chance that the british will conquer it and if not, it will reflect what America would have been if the French and Indians war nerver happen.

English should start at Furious with France, which naturally will lead to war after few turns. Perhaps AI England should be given free troops in the style of Roman and Greeks near the colonies in Canada so increase the chance they will conquer it.

At least the Newfoundlands belongs to England, can become the military base to attack Canada, or settler factory to colonize British Columbia. It's far more realistic than spawning Toronto 50 years earlier imo.

English should start at Furious with France, which naturally will lead to war after few turns. Perhaps AI England should be given free troops in the style of Roman and Greeks near the colonies in Canada so increase the chance they will conquer it.
That is a roundabout way to arrive at the same destination. All the effect it has (hopefully) is to slow down the turn times a little.

So has anyone else seen the new Colombian Civ die almost immediately? I'm asking because I am not sure whether what I have just seen is an outlier or not, but they died literally 5 turns after there spawn :/

So has anyone else seen the new Colombian Civ die almost immediately? I'm asking because I am not sure whether what I have just seen is an outlier or not, but they died literally 5 turns after there spawn :/

Playing as Mexico on the next to latest SVN update - it was a quick exit for Gran Colombia - around 5 turns. :(. Strange.

Top Bottom