• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

2014 US Midterm Election Results & Discussion Thread

The GOP usually leads on election night until the Washington suburbs come in. Don't jump to conclusions on that one.

Valid point, though its 84% in. Still, this race was never considered competitive.

With 2% in, they are calling the Montana race for Mead. It was sweet while it lasted.

Georgia's Governor's race is not coming out close, but Florida is. Odd.

J

Valid point. Still, this race was never considered competitive.

J

It flew under the radar. There was a whiff of a scandal about two weeks ago, but they just showed Arlington/Fairfax counties (near DC) on CNN and they were less than half-counted. It's looking like it might be a 53/47 race at the end.

Orman (I) is leading right now by less than a point, 20ish% counted.

Valid point. Still, this race was never considered competitive.

With 2% in, they are calling the Montana race for Mead. It was sweet while it lasted.

Georgia's Governor's race is not coming out close, but Florida is. Odd.

J

Ah, missed your edit.

GA is nowhere near done, kinda like Illinois the Democrats have to win now by massively running up the margins around Atlanta (like Fulton, DeKalb, Gwinnett, etc.) and then pick off the smaller (college) towns. About 0.3% is in Fulton right now, so it will tighten up considerably.

Some outlets are calling NH for Shaheen. What can Brown do for you? Nothing. But he can move to Maine and run for Susan Collins' seat when she retires.

I am curious of those are primarily Johnson Co / Douglas Co results or are evenly disbursed. If it's mostly JoCo, that doesn't bode well for Orman.

I am curious of those are primarily Johnson Co / Douglas Co results or are evenly disbursed. If it's mostly JoCo, that doesn't bode well for Orman.

Based on the CNN map, seems like there is a lot of scatter. There's a little in from the East edge but it's not fully counted yet.

Official projection is now for a run-off in Louisiana, at least on CNN and a few other online sources.

It flew under the radar. There was a whiff of a scandal about two weeks ago, but they just showed Arlington/Fairfax counties (near DC) on CNN and they were less than half-counted. It's looking like it might be a 53/47 race at the end.

Not just a whiff from the look of things.

Orman will likely lose because he had no way to get his vote out. His strength was Wichita, KC suburbs and the Capital. The rural western counties are slower to report.

NH gets called for Shaheen, but NC is dead even. Colorado is not coming close, with 40% counted.

J

At the moment one network is calling the Republicans picking up 4 in the Senate. With the other races not having enough information yet for them to call it any way at all.

It looks like Central Massachusetts is electing a Republican state senator that likes to lick his wife.

Man, Warner is underperforming in the suburbs, his margins are dropping. That's going to be a one point race either way.

Tillis is barely ahead of Hagan but most of the votes are counted, NC could go GOP too. I'm stuck on the phone with my parents now so I can't hear what is going on.

Wow. Where did that Purdue lead come from. Last time I checked Georgia it was still close.

Kansas just updated. Roberts is up 4%. Johnson county is close and Sedgwick is even. Orman needed to win big in both, because the farm counties are coming in 2-1 for Roberts. This one is over.

North Carolina may be headed for a recount.

Colorado is called.

Counting the called states only, the Republicans are already assured of gains of two seats.

J

Checking the VA map, there is still some outstanding vote for both candidates, but also there is a county won massively by the Libertarian candidate Sarvis. What is going on there?

CNN is reporting an increasing lead for the Republican candidate in Kansas and NC respectively. Honestly thought it would actually be closer in NC, a bit surprised its this wide. Looking at a map of NC most of the Democratic counties have already reported in at high percentages here.

So it's looking like the hog castration campaign slogan has paid off in Iowa. And yeah, BBC WN called Colorado as well for Gardner (R)

RCP has Iowa with a large Braley lead right now (early votes?), Florida looks like it is going for Rick "Smooth Criminal" Scott.

Top Bottom