2020 US Election (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the whole thing about being black is there's so much horrific history there (generationally), so even if you (@Sommerswerd) were going around inventing little pet names for people who you believe to be that wrong . . . it probably wouldn't rub people the wrong way. Or it'd be more understandable. Here we have Farm Boy just . . . being a disagreeable whatever for no other reason than he believes that's the attention the posts he's responding to deserve. There are forum rules for that, as well, despite his admittance he can't call people the literal names he wants to.

Very few people can, when the disagreement gets rough. That's why we have forum rules. I'm not going to feel sad for him just because he's not allowed to break the rules, but will happily needle anyone and everyone he considers so far off-base but then cry foul when people respond in kind.

Moderator Action: Offensive quote removed. --LM

A federal judge has agreed to hear the Texas case about throwing out 100k+ ballots in Houston.

Well in no sane legal world would a judge throw out 100k ballots cast in good faith by eligible voters in a fair and transparent voting process that uses all the same systems and processes as a normal election but in their car, so ... Fair chance they do attempt to throw it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer has arrived.

FB will cry about persecution one way or another. I've known people like that - those I know are Christians who are wedded to the idea of persecution. Anyone who dislikes them is persecuting them in their book. I won't be surprised if part of it comes from a similar tradition.

Well in no sane legal world would a judge throw out 100k ballots cast in good faith by eligible voters in a fair and transparent voting process that uses all the same systems and processes as a normal election but in their car, so ... Fair chance they do attempt to throw it out.
I believe it is the same judge who overturned the ACA last year because the individual mandate had been removed. So yeah, this will end up in the Supreme Court because I don't see him doing the right thing.

Not persecuted just because you happen to be a jackass.

All off agreeing with Sommer that "shy Trump voters are a thing."

:lol: Whatever petty bigots.

@Sommerswerd I don't really know but I will say that in your example I am not black but did study black history, just at a different school.

I am not a conservative, but I did live in a town full of them that has an awful lot in common with his town. A few towns, actually; living a lot of different places was a drawback/advantage of being an army brat. To come full circle, I didn't even move to the Illinois to go to college - I was a high school dropout and had nowhere else to go except move in with relatives!

Stemmy college came much later and was a different state/town.
My point was to say that I was no longer confused about what was meant by stemmy and in what context it was being used. Your knowledge of black history isn't any beef I have so don't worry about that... We're so far into the weeds at this point.. its time to start heading back home so we can make it back in time for dinner.

538 has Biden behind by 0.2% in Ohio, 1.4% in Texas, and 1.6% in Iowa. Biden is ahead by 1% in Georgia and 2% in Florida. All my relatives in those states are saying that they've already voted, which is a good anecdotal sign, since my relatives have a huge economic range down there. I haven't spoken to as many of my Ohio relatives, but the ones I did talk to are all voting for Biden. I don't know if they've voted early.

North Carolina is now saying that they will be ready to make a call election night, which will be great news for whoever wins it. My relatives that lived there recently moved to D.C. so that's poop in terms of the vote, but I do have some High School friends there who will all be voting for Biden.

All off agreeing with Sommer that "shy Trump voters are a thing."
I will admit/agree that there is a pretty thick soup of irony here.

Specifically, the current exchange makes me fairly certain, on an anecdotal basis, that there have to be tons of people who just keep their thoughts/opinions to themselves because they don't want to fight about them with others. I'm sure that would extend to being a Trump voter. In fact, I'd wager that the behavior of the proudest, most brazen Trump supporters might actually be a reason in and of itself for other Trump supporters to be shy about their own intentions. They don't want to get lumped in with the folks they see depicted on TV.

Again, I hope all the Trump support has announced by now, and we are actually getting ready to see an epic beatdown... but I just don't know. RCP has Biden down to a 6.7% lead. What the hell happened to his 14% lead? Where did all these Trump voters suddenly come from? They just decided this month that they were voting for Trump?:dubious: I call shenanigans on that. They were hiding.

The polls 52% Biden to 43% Trump polls that are accounting for 95% of the vote make me feel a little better, since I can chalk that remaining 5% up to 3rd party votes. But any poll that is leaving more than 5% on the table at this point makes me nervous.

EDIT: RCP now has Biden up only 6.5% (50.9% to 44.4%). What is humourously predictable, is that Rasmussen has obviously just subtracted their margin of error (2.5%) from Biden to drop him to 48% (rounded down) and added it to Trump to bring him to 47% (rounded up).

Last edited:
Ignorance was an excuse for 60 million people to vote for Trump in 2016. After 4 years, that is no longer applicable. IMHO voting for Trump in 2020 is a sign of a character flaw that borders on illness. 60 million such people (many of whom love guns) is enough to be really scary. Bad people should not have power because they do bad things and set bad examples. Trump is a user of others for his personal gain and he is trying to establish that as a new standard for how we govern.

Last edited:
Ignorance was an excuse for 60 million people to vote for Trump in 2016. After 4 years, that is no longer applicable. IMHO voting for Trump in 2020 is a sign of a character flaw that borders on illness. 60 million such people (many of whom love guns) is enough to be really scary. Bad people should not have power because they do bad things and set bad examples. Trump is a user of others for his personal gain and he is trying to establish that as a new standard for we govern.

You are being too generous to him...

The suffering caused, is the point.

It's essentially suicide/murder by voting.

Hard left types will point out Trump is not the worse president in history because he doesn't support slavery or Native American genocide but it's very hard to argue he is not the most incompetent president at the very least. His entire presidency has been a comedy of errors and missed opportunities.
It's probably fair to say that he isn't the worst president, but he is the worst at being president.

That said, James Buchanan managed to start a civil war in his lame duck period, so Trump might only be winning the silver on this one.

It's probably fair to say that he isn't the worst president, but he is the worst at being president.

That said, James Buchanan managed to start a civil war in his lame duck period, so Trump might only be winning the silver on this one.

might

Ugh... remember Trump hasn't has his lame duck period yet. That's a knock-on-wood line right there.

EDIT:X-posted with @Lexicus ... my thoughts exactly :sad:

Definitely not the worst, since Trump's administration has performed well. I give you that the optics are poor.

Trump is definitely the biggest dove we have had in the Oval Office in my lifetime. I hate to think what we would be knee deep in if hillary had won.

Ah so you voted for a racist party and a racist. Now what does that say about you?
You're a Democrat and you voted for Biden. What's the point?

Ugh... remember Trump hasn't has his lame duck period yet. That's a knock-on-wood line right there.
EDIT:X-posted with @Lexicus ... my thoughts exactly :sad:
Four more years. It's coming.

J

Four more years. It's coming.
This part is true. Four more years are coming. It's just that they will be under a Biden presidency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom