1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

3rd and 4th Unique Components for VP - Official thread

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by pineappledan, Apr 22, 2018.

1. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

2. saamohod

saamohod Prince

I started a new game. Only VP and this submod:

Spoiler :
    20200118204146_1.jpg

Only Pantheon has been established (no Religion yet). Theology hasn't been reached yet. The numbers already look odd. If I understand correctly, a M.Church in my case should provide base 1:c5production: 1:c5faith: plus 1:c5faith: for the Pantheon, i.e. 1:c5production: 2:c5faith:.

However on stone it makes 1:c5production: 2:c5gold: 2:c5faith:. Where does this 2:c5gold: come from?

Spoiler :
    20200118203643_1.jpg

And on a hill it is different and makes 1:c5production: 2:c5gold: 1:c5faith:. Where did we lose 1:c5faith:?

Spoiler :
    20200118203731_1.jpg

I attach my savegame, feel free to test.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  3. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

4. saamohod

saamohod Prince

I reinstalled it, i.e. deleted "(over) More Unique Components for VP" folder from MODS and unpacked a fresh one from https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/more-unique-components-for-vox-populi.26966/.
    The bugs are still the same.

This is very weird. I'm only using the complete VP with EUI and the "(over) More Unique Components for VP" submod.

5. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I verified I'm not using a different version of the code for Ethiopia. I've got no idea why it's not working for you.

spoilers can be created using (SPOILER="name of the spoiler") to open the spoiler and (/SPOILER) to close the spoiler. Replace the "( )" with "[ ]"

6. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

I'll be publishing an update to PFEUI4VP soon where I reworked the promotion orders, groupings and display flags; are there any MUC4VP or custom civ promotions for which it is important that they be displayed above the unit flag or in a prominent place in the unit panel or that they not be displayed above the unit flag or in a prominent place in the unit panel or for which it is important that they be grouped with other promotions from VP (grouping means they won't be displayed separately but their tool tip info integrated with the other promos of the same group and only the "last" promo icon of that group shown)?
    If so, please let me know so I can include them in the update.

7. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

For sure. Off the top of my head these are things I can think of:
    • Units with plague placers: Dromon, koa, and shotelai all debuff units they hit. Those promotions and their attendant plagues should be prominently displayed
    • Units that track additional power levels: Sabum Kibitum's Legacy and Jaguars' cuauocelotl promotions track the unit's power/progress in addition to levels
    • The Assyrian chariot has a promotion bonus for every adjacent enemy unit; so human players should probably be more aware of that.
    • The Carthaginian Suffet gives a 1 turn promotion which gives ZOC to a unit that starts stacked or adjacent to a Suffet. That temporary promotion should be prominently displayed
    • Similar to Carthage, unique GGenerals give legions and ballistas unique, temporary promotions as well
    • The Great Bombard hurts itself when it fires. This malus promotion should be prominent
    • The Siamese Seir Morb's unique crouching tiger promotion is something humans should be aware of, so keep that at the top
    • The Spanish Armada's "Invincible" promotion

civplayer33 likes this.
  8. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Sounds like something might have gone wrong with that core table addition?

9. HungryForFood

HungryForFood Prince

Core table addition, meaning inside the (1) Community Patch folder?

10. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Thanks! I've worked through all MUC4VP promos now and given special consideration to the cases you mentioned. While doing that I noticed something: I think you forgot to update the polynesian plague placer help text (TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_UNIT_POLYNESIA_KAPU_KUIALUA_0_HELP)...it talks about up to 3 marks can be applied, like with Greek Fire, but I can only find one debuff promo, not 3; I think this may have been changed when you added healing debuff and HP debuff for the plague.

pineappledan likes this.
  11. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Thanks for catching those errors.
    I think so? the guy complaining about Steam mill was specifically saying the Building_GreatPersonProgressFromConstruction function was not working.

I haven't altered the steam mill in 3 months

12. BliTTzZ

BliTTzZ Warlord

Hello, pineappledan!
    Thanks a lot for this wonderful mod!
    Is this mod compatible with ENW and EE mods?

13. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

14. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

Brazilian Pracinha are in a tight spot now since Zebo tweaked the tree - you can (and almost always will) unlock them in radio easily before riflemen, forcing you to still have go out of the way on the tech tree for replaceable parts. It may have always been like this, but it kind of threw me off when I was anticipating upgrading all my fusiliers, so just thought I'd point it out after playing my last game.

phantomaxl1207 likes this.
  15. andersw

andersw King

Am about to test this mod for the first time, I have a few questions:
    a. My games gets glitchy lategame because of this being a 32bit game, is this likely to get worse using this mod?
    b. Since Civs have more bonuses I assume game will progress faster, is this just a small difference or really noticeable?

16. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

It can only get worse. There's more components which means more database entries, more things to check, and lua code hooking into a bunch of places to give unique bonuses.
    Anything that strictly adds stuff to the game without reducing anything will necessarily make tech progression, policy progression, etc. faster. This is why I recommend against playing with events & decisions, unique city-states, and similar mods, because they all contribute to yield bloat and hurt the game's pacing.

17. andersw

andersw King

Thanks for answer, will try it atleast, the only extra mod I use is really advanced setup for the extra vision at start, or as I want to think of it "civ4-esque see full fat cross before settle".

18. tibu

tibu Chieftain

Related to this issue of yield inflations using modmods, is there a simple way to manually increase the cost of buildings, units, techs and policy by a certain amount to compensate ?

19. Bad_At_Diplomacy

Bad_At_Diplomacy Chieftain

20. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

... this is like the 3rd time this has been asked; do I need to sticky something in the OP?

this mod has nothing to do with the cost of settlers. That is completely outside the scope of this mod.