8.2x Bugs Thread

renardargent :

I had the horsman unit gain the inspired promotion at "birth", 6 tiles aways from the wild node while some other units, got both inspired and wild valor the first time they approached the node but only after approaching 1-2 tiles from the node. and many units staying 20-turns on the next tile not getting any promotion....

I think if your leader is emmergant some uints gain inspired

I'm playing 7.20, and a quick question about the Bonus Pay spell, it's a special for the "Centeni" warrior replacements for the Scions.

Good news is that it seems to work in terms of applying a bonus to "get over" their inherent weakness, bad news balance wise is that it doesn't seem to have any gold cost to use, at least not that I can tell anymore. I thought it either immediately drained a gold from your treasury, or made the maintenance of that unit worse for at least a turn (which while not exactly hitting your treasury, would nick your "gold per turn" figure in the top left).

I haven't played the Scions a lot, so I do not know if this was happening pre-7.20, or if possibly the Bonus Pay spell doesn't have a detriment anymore for some reason.

that would explain the horsman getting it "at birth".

but wild valor and inspired can be gained by proximity of a wild spirit node. Only some times it worked (3 units in 10 turns at the beginning of the game) and most of the time : nothing : 1 unit only for the 80 following turns. and I have always 2-3 units in proximity of the node, the node being with it's guardian and out of my cultural boundaries.

But the real issue was not on understanding the way the promotion are given but in that the xp from combat seemed to not be given to the unit.

Good news is that it seems to work in terms of applying a bonus to "get over" their inherent weakness, bad news balance wise is that it doesn't seem to have any gold cost to use, at least not that I can tell anymore.

Are you playing on Quick? It may be the gamespeed gold costs adjustment.

If so, I'd say raise the cost till it's 1 at Quick.

EDIT: Yeah, it's the game speed.
(Did you mean 8.2? In 8.2, at least, it's the speed.)

Yeah, I was playing Quick, just since I hadn't played Scions in awhile and I wanted to experience a lot of Scions play in a condensed time... more or less to remind myself how they played. Thanks for the investigation, guess stabbing the Bonus Pay button on quick for now is exploity.

AI does not use tsunami in spite of the fact that he had 12 cultists parked on the coast and used cultists as "melee warriors" when attacking the the coast city. No, arcane lacuna was not active.

um...and ...care to explain "deathtouched" trait?

I found a pretty irritating bug with the Fey. Their units can't seem to take the commando promotion for whatever reason. I am given the option of selecting the promotion upon leveling up, but the promotion then automatically disappears the next turn. I once even gained it randomly through combat, but the promotion still disappeared.

I think there is a problem with the close border detection. I created a new game and explored the world. i get a malus with every player, although they are far away. i think it is contrary as it schould be, because in later games the malus is higher the farer away the player is.

An easy exploit with the new necropolis/shades summons: Bannor hero can recruit and regain that ability once he defeats an undead or deamon unit. So as Bannor, it is to your advantage to leave these graveyards/necropolis untouched and just camp them with your hero to get quite a few units every few turns (on quick, shades appear fairly quickly).

@till i posted this before, it will replace your current palace to balance it out, but don't know if it is intended though.

The F8 Victory Conditions window seems to be incomplete.

Attachments

• victory conditions window.jpg
    victory conditions window.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 76
graywarden made pedia entries for:

summon elemental horde:
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_SPELL_SUMMON_ELEMENTAL_HORDE_ PEDIA</Civilopedia>

elemental horde:
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ELEMENTAL_HORDE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>

and a strategy entry for elemental horde:
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ELEMENTAL__HORDE_STRATEGY </Strategy>

alas they do not show, maybe you have not merged them yet? (don't ask me were he posted these though, ask him :) )

Edit: there is no space in HORDE must be some weird forum bug, i don't see the space in the edit either, even if i retype this word it shows up.

1)
tower of necromancy does not increase the limit of summonable skeletons by 5.
either this is a bug or a wrong help txt.

2)
aptitude does not show up in the game, only in the pedia. it would be nice to see in the unit descriptions too when i hover with the mouse over those units.

Tesb,

any of these type bugs you come across just send them to me and I can fix them. If I cant I will get some help..... ;)

Spoiler :
you will find this entry in CIV4FurtherFlavor.xml under the tag:
<Tag>TXT_KEY_SPELL_INTENSIFY_MIST_PEDIA</Tag>

This file and tag are not in the system on the SVN version or the released version.
If you will upload or send me that file I will fix it and upload it to SVN with my other fixes.

2. FIXED

graywarden made pedia entries for:

summon elemental horde:
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_SPELL_SUMMON_ELEMENTAL_HORDE_ PEDIA</Civilopedia>

elemental horde:
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ELEMENTAL_HORDE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>

and a strategy entry for elemental horde:
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ELEMENTAL__HORDE_STRATEGY </Strategy>

alas they do not show, maybe you have not merged them yet? (don't ask me were he posted these though, ask him :) )

Edit: there is no space in HORDE must be some weird forum bug, i don't see the space in the edit either, even if i retype this word it shows up.

#1 & #2 Are in good working order in both SVN and Released Versions. Not sure whats going on in your file?? :crazyeye:

#3 is added as requested.

@graywarden
my bad, i checked again and the spell: summon elemental horde is fine
the unit: elemental horde is missing its links

maybe my files are a bit chaotic because of all the modifications i make, best you ceck this out yourself in the pedia. :)
thanks again for your work

Top Bottom