8.2x Bugs Thread

@graywarden
my bad, i checked again and the spell: summon elemental horde is fine
the unit: elemental horde is missing its links

maybe my files are a bit chaotic because of all the modifications i make, best you ceck this out yourself in the pedia. :)
thanks again for your work

which links are missing with the unit? (by links do you mean the tags?)

yes i figured that was the case, it happens to me to, get to working so much i mess up my own files. I have learned to have a backup system. And it doesnt always work, but it helps... haha.

1) Layer one is the current release (game) where I make most of the corrections/additions.

2) Layer two is the SVN version to upload after testing in Layer One

3) Layer three is a generic backup for the XMLs which I copy to just in case

haha :crazyeye:

@graywarden
my bad, i checked again and the spell: summon elemental horde is fine
the unit: elemental horde is missing its links

maybe my files are a bit chaotic because of all the modifications i make, best you ceck this out yourself in the pedia. :)
thanks again for your work

Ok, I think I have all the Spell and Unit tag files fixed/added/updated now..... :D

tesb if you can send me the CIV4FurtherFlavor.xml file, i can go ahead and fix the entry and upload it with the other fixes.

I already uploaded it in the further flavored civilization thread, post #3. (the little error is still in there)

However i update the thread soon with the latest changes to the next civilization probably in the beginning of next week. (this typo is very minor, it does not affect gemeplay at all it is just a misspelling in the text.)

yes i figured that was the case, it happens to me to, get to working so much i mess up my own files. I have learned to have a backup system. And it doesnt always work, but it helps... haha.

1) Layer one is the current release (game) where I make most of the corrections/additions.

2) Layer two is the SVN version to upload after testing in Layer One

3) Layer three is a generic backup for the XMLs which I copy to just in case

haha

i make incremental changes and immediately test them. however sometimes little typos slip through. the only thing that could mess up my files is when sephi merges stuff into existing files and i don't delete the original files after a patch, because i usually make new files, instead of altering existing ones, so i have it doubled: the original files and the merged ones.

I verified it.
version 7.2 or 7.32
wild valor and Inspiration effects are respectively : 1 xp per combat and 2 xp per combat, and not +1xp per combat and +2 xp per combat :
I mean : the minimal 1xp per combat is not counted, neither is the 2-15 xp that I should gain due to less than 99,99 odds

+ retreating unit (tactics) should get at least 1xp .. no ?
well, with inspired, the horsman get 0xp from a retreat : (combat+retreat) = 1xp*0(due to inspired) + 0*2xp from combat win (inspired)

Grigori treasure Hunters have adventurer skin... But I suppose this issue was covered in later upgrades of WM.

Sephi,

Not sure if this is linked to the Victory Condition file you had me load as I test, but what I have is a message alert thru the *BUG*mod indicating my v-condition with the Domination Population and Domination Land. What causes the messages is that both these VC have a percentage slider that is defautled to 1% so of course it sends a message alert to you every turn. I can turn off the option or I can reset the % slider easy enough, but the point is, this did not occur previously. The percentage should preset to whatever the victory condition calls for of course.

If it is unrelated to the file you sent, I apologize, but it is a minor annoyance that could stand to be tweaked, either way.

latest version :

no a bug per se but an issue IMO :

playing "continent Erebus":
vanilla civ and base FFH create normally rich starting fat cross...
it seems few civs had been thus helped in my new game (even with WB opened).
some weren't even near "fresh water"

furthermore, the "flavor" option has an issue :
as it seems no "jungle" no "desert" and only 1"tundra" civs spawned, the remaining civs (10) are all crowded, cultural borders touching each others at the first culture growth or at most at the second.
and the result is : 2 civs on a small continent, 10 crowded on a small region of the big continent, and much free place, mostly wetlands, jungle, marsh and grassland or tundra.

All of ths kind of says to me that the computer will rather position the civ with the good flavor even if it's not at a "starting place".
In the first version of "erebus", the AI chose first the starting places, and then from those, tried to place the civs according to flavor.

another thing :

lastest version :
-I have some panel apearing sometimes, demanding to be canceled (with a windows mouse arrow, sometime, I only have the arrow and not the box, it being hidden by the game, the game being frozen) they appeared at the time the mana nodes became "wild" and later when zacar (goblin archer) appeared. (I'll try to note what they say the next time I see one)

-I have "living world" and only 1 event yet.

Bug in latest version:

I am playing the Austrin with the Houses of Erebus option turned on. House Thrakash, Ghandallah, and one other (the nature one) have given me their support.

Thrakash's support dropped below the required amount of 20, and a city seceded from my empire and is now ruled by the "Protectors of Erebus." Really cool stuff -- empire splits! Anyway, the bug is that when the story/message came up telling me a city was splitting, it told me that it was House Ghandallah that was splitting away -- not Thrakash.

The order that I received support from the Houses -- first the nature House, then Thrakash, then Ghandallah. Perhaps the variable tracking which house is leaving you only looks at the latest House that joined you for the name?

Edit -- one other complaint regarding Thrakash. I received their support very early on, but then the only option for maintaining it was to build Barracks and Archery Ranges. Advanced Warfare (and building Nobles of the House) is still a ways off, I have been involved in some skirmishes and battles (took a couple of cities from the Doviello.) Could some more ways be added to increase Thrakash support? Half the buildings I see add support for Ghandallah, not so much for Thrakash...

Bug in latest version:

I am playing the Austrin with the Houses of Erebus option turned on. House Thrakash, Ghandallah, and one other (the nature one) have given me their support.

Thrakash's support dropped below the required amount of 20, and a city seceded from my empire and is now ruled by the "Protectors of Erebus." Really cool stuff -- empire splits! Anyway, the bug is that when the story/message came up telling me a city was splitting, it told me that it was House Ghandallah that was splitting away -- not Thrakash.

The order that I received support from the Houses -- first the nature House, then Thrakash, then Ghandallah. Perhaps the variable tracking which house is leaving you only looks at the latest House that joined you for the name?

Edit -- one other complaint regarding Thrakash. I received their support very early on, but then the only option for maintaining it was to build Barracks and Archery Ranges. Advanced Warfare (and building Nobles of the House) is still a ways off, I have been involved in some skirmishes and battles (took a couple of cities from the Doviello.) Could some more ways be added to increase Thrakash support? Half the buildings I see add support for Ghandallah, not so much for Thrakash...

I've thought about it and I agree that thrakash needs more "gain support" stuff. I always reject them because of I DO know that I am not able to keep support high enough. For instance house of valdalis (sp?)- supporting is no problem.

Maybe every conquered city adds support for thrakash?

but it already is OT in this thread...

8.20. I'm playing Amurites and I'm getting this python exception repeatedly:

File "CvFFHPLUS, line 1557, in AmuriteWizardHall
Name Error: global name 'pPlayerW' is not defined

(I still get my level 1 spell after seeing this message, though.)

After any Civ become your vassal the Pirates declare war on you... ( and im playing as the Lanun, of course!) and i dont think this is intended...

This is intended. If a Vassal Capitulates to you, peace with pirates will stay. Else you have to defend your new Vassal against the pirates. Pirates from Pirate Ports should only spawn if you are at peace with the Pirates.

I have added some code so If you make a Permanent Alliance you will keep Peace with Pirates.

My unit went from 15xp to 16xp : +1 !! it seems that once again, only the free xp from the wild valor promotion was counted, and I gaind no xp from the combat in itself.

So, did anybody experienced this ?
Was it adressed by the WM team since 7.2-7.3 ?
fixed long long long ago

I've come around to thinking the ability of non-Agnostic Scion leaders to build the "Temple of the Gift" is a bug.
I see gaining population via combat as a too important mechanic for the scions to exclude leaders from it ;).

Are you playing on Quick? It may be the gamespeed gold costs adjustment.

If so, I'd say raise the cost till it's 1 at Quick.

EDIT: Yeah, it's the game speed.
(Did you mean 8.2? In 8.2, at least, it's the speed.)

gold cost at quick fixed

AI does not use tsunami in spite of the fact that he had 12 cultists parked on the coast and used cultists as "melee warriors" when attacking the the coast city. No, arcane lacuna was not active.

for any AI issues you need to upload a savegame. I have seen the AI using Tsunami several times, don't know what kept them from doing so in your specific case.

I found a pretty irritating bug with the Fey. Their units can't seem to take the commando promotion for whatever reason. I am given the option of selecting the promotion upon leveling up, but the promotion then automatically disappears the next turn. I once even gained it randomly through combat, but the promotion still disappeared.

fixed next patch

I had a python exception in a function called AI_canDoEvil.
int does not have property ePlayer

Top Bottom