A Brave New World Part 2

I didn't notice that the Great Salt Lake was in Mexico.... oh well I will play as Deseret then. I will think of a new plan.

To: New England

Can a guarantee of independence be acquired? Virginia is unsettling.

Of course. We will discuss guarantees of independence/defensive alliances with any other nation that, such as ourselves, are greatly disturbed by this sudden aggression from Virginia.

To Georgia
From Virginia

Seeking an alliance with New England can only be taken as a threat of war against Virginia. I hope you reconsider this, and remember that we have signed a Non-Aggression Pact, and Virginia has shown its ambition towards Georgia to be one of peace and economic partnership.

To The World Concerned with Virginia
From Virginia

The Miami were a threat to our western border, with raids that were preventing the economic growth of our western Ohio provinces. What we did was done for our own security and economic development plans. Miami was unaffiliated with any other power in North America, we made sure not to cross any power that may have taken offense to our moves. Now that Virginia is surrounded by more civilized powers who are less prone to raids on Virginian borders, there will be no reason for the further use of Virginian soldiers. There is no reason to fear Virginian expansion anymore. My reign is to be one of peace and economic growth.

To: Mexico

We thank you for your support, and we hope that Bolivia will listen to reason to end this dreadful conflict.

To: Bolivia

We demand reparations for the losses suffered in this war as 2 EP to be paid immediately. We believe this small sum to be more than fair considering your reverses on the battlefield and the possibility of Mexican intervention.

To: Virginia

Your explanation is satisfactory. May you enjoy peace and prosperity.

To: Russia

Will our Greek friends be admitted?

If they wish to be admitted we will allow it.

To Georgia
From Virginia

Seeking an alliance with New England can only be taken as a threat of war against Virginia. I hope you reconsider this, and remember that we have signed a Non-Aggression Pact, and Virginia has shown its ambition towards Georgia to be one of peace and economic partnership.

To The World Concerned with Virginia
From Virginia

The Miami were a threat to our western border, with raids that were preventing the economic growth of our western Ohio provinces. What we did was done for our own security and economic development plans. Miami was unaffiliated with any other power in North America, we made sure not to cross any power that may have taken offense to our moves. Now that Virginia is surrounded by more civilized powers who are less prone to raids on Virginian borders, there will be no reason for the further use of Virginian soldiers. There is no reason to fear Virginian expansion anymore. My reign is to be one of peace and economic growth.

From Russia
To Virginia

First of all, we do not see how Georgia's attempt to have its independence guaranteed can be seen as an act of war. It is in fact anything but that; it's an attempt to ensure that their region can remain peaceful for at least a little while longer.
While your claims about the Miami may be true, the manner in which you invaded them, without a formal declaration of war, and your immediate annexation of their state is most disconcerting. Russia hopes that Virginia will keep true to its promise and cease annexing its neighbors.

To Russia
From King Robert II of Virginia

If New England were to have power on both the northern border and the southern border, it would mean Virginia would be surrounded. Even though at the moment New England and Virginia are at peace, a surrounded Virginia means an upset of the balance of power, shifting influence considerably in New England's favor. As for our borders, the current borders are ones that are considered to be the natural extent of the Kingdom. No further expansion is planned under my rule.

We feel the same as Russia and believe your explanation that you have provided is not sufficent.

To Peru
From Bolivia

Access to the sea is sufficient to stop hostilities

To Georgia
From Virginia

It should be known that a guarantee of independence is in no way an alliance but simply as security measure. Should Virginia invade New England would be required to step in to assure our defense. It is a one way deal.

To: Bolivia

It seems you are not aware of the position you're in. We are more than capable of maintainin the current front until your collapse. We will not give up land, remember it was Chile that took our land from us both, not Peru.

Ah yes, one note. IF we can get enough orders in by later this evening, I could do an update early. I merely bring this up because it be superbowl this weekend, and people may not be able to send in orders tomorrow. Either way, I recommend getting in orders this evening and we'll see where it goes from there at around 10 PM or so. That gives six hours.

Orders, Tips, and Updates

If a question is asked in which the answer is clearly in the above ruleset, I will not answer it and will ignore you until you figure it out.

This addresses your statement carmen. I've also provided aid on the first post.

Please answer this question EQ.

Round up, but your a protectorate so its double your economy anway so it'll cost you 10 instead of 8

OOC: Great Update.

To: Peru, Bolivia

Bolivia's sneak attack on Peru is a great concern to Mexico. Not only will this greatly destabilize the region but the conflict will result in the loss of many lives.

Mexico is willing to host peace talks between your nations so that a suitable agreement can be made to ensuer this region can prosper.

If this conflict is not resolved the Mexican Empire may intervene. The nations of Latin America should look to co-operate with each other.

To be a landlocked nation is to stagnate, decay to be reduced to ruin. As the father of my people I must do all I can lead us in the right direction, to strengthen our nation and steel our resolve.

To: Bolivia, Mexico

We will not give up our land. We'll allow transport of Bolivian trade through our territory, but that'll be the extent we will allow. Also, we will demand a percentage of all trade through our lands and the stated reparations for losses experiecned in the war.

From The Empire of Germany
To The Global Community

Kaiser Wilhelm II of the Empire of Germany here by recognizes the Provisional Government of the Republic of Brazil as the legitimate successor state to the failed Empire of Brazil and the Republic remains in the Imperial German Protectorate.

Kaiser Wilhelm II would also like to officially welcome Bolivia into the Imperial German Protectorate. We request that all foreign powers retain neutrality in the matter of the war between Bolivia and Peru. Both Germany and Bolivia are actively seeking a peace settlement between Peru. Rest assured, war will be a last resort.

To Virginia

We understand your reasons for war, we only hope that more can be avoided. In either case Germany shall maintain its neutrality in the matter, however we would be willing to develop closer ties with Virginia, perhaps through trade. We only pray that peace shall guide the hand of Virginia.

From The Empire of Germany
To The Global Community

Kaiser Wilhelm II of the Empire of Germany here by recognizes the Provisional Government of the Republic of Brazil as the legitimate successor state to the failed Empire of Brazil and the Republic remains in the Imperial German Protectorate.

Kaiser Wilhelm II would also like to officially welcome Bolivia into the Imperial German Protectorate. We request that all foreign powers retain neutrality in the matter of the war between Bolivia and Peru. Both Germany and Bolivia are actively seeking a peace settlement between Peru. Rest assured, war will be a last resort.

To Germany, World
From New England

New England would also like to see this needless conflict resolved peacefully, especially now considering that Peru has requested, and we have accepted, their admittance into the New England Protectorate.

We think it is best if all parties cease hostilities and return antebellum borders before this war spirals out of control.

Top Bottom