1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Chieftain

New spice source discovered. Second option at least doesn't actually spawn the spice it just builds the plantation and road.

edit: spice shows up in world builder but not in the game.

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

I guess there's something in the dll; I'll have to look.

3. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Savegame please, I can't do anything without a savegame and a proper report (rev number, and game data like mapscript, mapsize, handicap, gamespeed, etc). Thank you.

4. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Reveal tech?

5. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

That's what I was thinking too... Though if the tech that reveals a resource isn't discovered, shouldn't Events that spawn/remove resources like that not show up? :confused:

6. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

Because for BTS, that event only checks for calendar and whether you have 4 different sources of happiness resource.

If there is a reveal tech for spice in AND, unless you modify the python codes, it wont care a hoot.

7. Abatzaros

Abatzaros Chieftain

Hi everyone, I hope I am posting this in the right section. I downloaded ROM:AND from the downloads section of this forum and installed it using the given installer by the creators of the mod. Whenever I create a new game or load a scenario there is no UI at all. For those familiar with ROM it is the same result as if you press Alt + I.

I have the latest drivers for my NVIDIA vga, my desktop is a 3-month gaming desktop, so I am quite confident it is not a matter of the specifications of the PC.

In any case, if somebody has solved a similar problem let me know, and, if necessary, I can provide you with the error log and exact specifications of the PC.

Thank you for your time. The mod looks great (I want to play it though :))

8. Arkatakor

Arkatakor Chieftain

I have just come across a major production bug that only seems to occur in Holy cities.

It seems to account for bonuses that are not there, making production jump several fold from one turn to the next. I have had this occur in 2 separate games now - attached are 3 files. The 2 screenshots outline:

A) Normal production for a city at 43 :hammers: when producing research
    B) Abnormal bonus production at 227 :hammers: for the same city as soon as I tell it to build a unit (phalanx). Here it highlights production bonuses that should not be there, including overflow of which I had none.

The 3rd attachment is the savefile. To replicate this scenario,

1) Put Sparta in research mode, mouse over the production details in city screen (as in screenshots)
    2) Tell the city to build a phalanx
    3) Mouse over the production details in city screen to see buggy bonuses

The above can be done in the attached savefile.

Attached Files:

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Calculation is correct, it's the method which needs refining. First you get 27 :hammers: base production +60% from bonus: total 43 :hammers:. Then you have 26 Base Production+97 from overflow on the previous turn + 85% from bonus, you get 123+85%bonus which is correctly 227.
    I see 2 problems here, but I'm not 100% sure they need both to be addressed or how; first, you build research and this is converted to hammers (97 overflow from previous turn) when you switch building phalanx. In theory, it's correct that this is happening, because you're using your research overflow (translated into :hammers:) and it's the same that would happen if you were building something else requiring :hammers: before that phalanx. Problem is that I'm not sure what "overflow" is for research (and gold and culture). Second problem is that I'm not sure it's correct for bonuses to be applied to overflow: this is because overflow is already a product of bonuses on the previous turn and hence you apply bonuses twice. I'll look into it, thank you.

Edit: I've tested a bit; it's not related to holy cities I think; I've tried again playing a few turns of your game both with Sparta (holy city) and other cities and the problem didn't happen. BUT to make it quick, I turned off city automation. That could be the feature causing this problem; do you have a save some turns before the one you've uploaded? Can you try for me turning off automation in Sparta and seeing if it still happens when Research bar under the city is full (which should lead to research overflow)? A report on this might be useful at least to test my theory. Thank you.

10. Arkatakor

Arkatakor Chieftain

Thank you for looking into this :) Indeed the research overflow seems to be the problem (should not be any that I know of and those production bonuses just appear suddenly).

Yes I leave city automation on for the part. I will try your proposed methods tomorrow at some point and get back to you - will do a some checking of production at end of every turn.

EDIT: I have gone ahead and loaded an earlier save. In it I disabled auto production and manually put the city to produce research. 4 Turns later the tech production was about to overflow. On the 5th turn, I switched to build a phalanx and got some overflow (screenshot provided). You can replicate this by loading the save I provided and going to the next turn.

EDIT 2: Sorry the titles are misleading; the save is 4 turns after I started to manually put the city research, the screenshot is 5 turns. You can go to the 5th turn from this save.

Attached Files:

11. Arkatakor

Arkatakor Chieftain

Just bumping this incase it has not been seen...

12. 45°38'N-13°47'E

I've tried your save and I see the same problem you're reporting. But if I go on playing, and I build Research and then I switch to anything else when the production bar is almost full, I don't get such a big overflow. Nor it happens with other cities. Are you sure it's not a :hammers: overflow caused by something you were building BEFORE building research and that's been there "on hold" waiting for you to build something different that Research? Does the problem occur for you with other cities or with that same city in other turns as well?

13. Arkatakor

Arkatakor Chieftain

Yeah i'm pretty sure about this. In one turn in that same game in classical era, my gold went from 100 to 2000+ in a single turn just because of overflow from a single city.

I will try an monitor whats happening before this happens again. If I get lucky with saves and happen to save just before a major overflow i'll upload it here promptly :)

EDIT: maybe its because I've been tinkering around with my xml files (speedinfo) as well as erainfo. That could have caused a bug that only I am experiencing. Thus I would suggest to wait to see if others report the same issues in their games.

14. quikesan

quikesan Chieftain

Hi

I'm using AND and I'm having an CTD, apparently randomly after clicking for the next turn. Usually I can load a savegame from previous turns, do something different (make peace with someone, not take the last city of another civ...) and pass the turn when the CTD happens. But after some more turns, the issue appears again.

I attach a savegame, the logs and the dump file.

Thanks a lot!

PythonErr2.log
    Spoiler :
    sys.path = ['..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\email', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\encodings', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\build', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\colourchooser', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\editor', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\floatcanvas', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\masked', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\mixins', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\lib\\ogl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\af\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ca\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\cs\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\da\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\de\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\el\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\es\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\eu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\fr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hi\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\hu\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\id\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\it\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ja\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\lv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nb\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\nl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\pt_BR\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\ru\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sl\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\sv\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\tr\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\uk\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_CN\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\locale\\zh_TW\\LC_MESSAGES', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\py\\tests', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM\\wx\\tools\\XRCed\\src-images', '..\\WARLORDS\\ASSETS\\PYTHON\\SYSTEM']

sys.modules = {'zipimport': <module 'zipimport' (built-in)>, 'signal': <module 'signal' (built-in)>, '__builtin__': <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>, 'sys': <module 'sys' (built-in)>, '__main__': <module '__main__' (built-in)>, 'exceptions': <module 'exceptions' (built-in)>, 'CvPythonExtensions': <module 'CvPythonExtensions' (built-in)>}

sys.builtin_module_names = ('CvPythonExtensions', '__builtin__', '__main__', '_bisect', '_codecs', '_codecs_cn', '_codecs_hk', '_codecs_iso2022', '_codecs_jp', '_codecs_kr', '_codecs_tw', '_csv', '_heapq', '_hotshot', '_locale', '_multibytecodec', '_random', '_sre', '_subprocess', '_symtable', '_weakref', '_winreg', 'array', 'audioop', 'binascii', 'cPickle', 'cStringIO', 'cmath', 'collections', 'datetime', 'errno', 'exceptions', 'gc', 'imageop', 'imp', 'itertools', 'marshal', 'math', 'md5', 'mmap', 'msvcrt', 'nt', 'operator', 'parser', 'regex', 'rgbimg', 'sha', 'signal', 'strop', 'struct', 'sys', 'thread', 'time', 'xxsubtype', 'zipimport')
    load_module CvEventInterface
    load_module BugEventManager
    load_module CvEventManager
    load_module CvUtil
    load_module traceback
    load_module CvScreensInterface
    load_module CvMainInterface
    load_module ScreenInput
    load_module CvScreenEnums
    load_module time
    load_module BugDll
    load_module BugOptions
    load_module BugConfig
    load_module BugCore
    load_module BugUtil
    load_module BugPath
    load_module BugConfigTracker
    load_module ColorUtil
    load_module BugInit
    load_module BugTypes
    load_module xmllib
    ..\WARLORDS\ASSETS\PYTHON\SYSTEM\xmllib.py:9: DeprecationWarning: The xmllib module is obsolete. Use xml.sax instead.
    20:11:11 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering xml handler BugConfig.RootHandler
    20:11:11 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering bug handler BugConfig.BugHandler
    20:11:11 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering load handler BugConfig.LoadHandler
    20:11:11 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering config handler BugConfig.ConfigHandler
    20:11:11 DEBUG: BugConfig - registering arg handler BugConfig.ArgHandler
    load_module configobj
    load_module __future__
    load_module codecs
    load_module validate
    validate import failed
    load_module RevInstances
    load_module BugOptionsScreen
    load_module BugErrorOptionsTab
    load_module BugOptionsTab
    load_module BugHelp
    load_module Popup
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Core
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod MainInterface
    load_module CityUtil
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod NJAGC
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Scores
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod CityScreen
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Revolution
    load_module ReligionUtil
    load_module FontUtil
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod PLE
    load_module Scoreboard
    load_module DealUtil
    load_module PlayerUtil
    load_module TradeUtil
    load_module DiplomacyUtil
    load_module AttitudeUtil
    load_module GameUtil
    load_module BugUnitPlot
    load_module MonkeyTools
    load_module PyHelpers
    load_module UnitUtil
    load_module ReminderEventManager
    load_module SdToolKit
    load_module BugData
    load_module cPickle
    load_module autolog
    load_module CvModName
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Autolog
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Reminder
    load_module CvAppInterface
    load_module GGUtil
    load_module GPUtil
    load_module ProgressBarUtil
    load_module PLE
    load_module AStarTools
    load_module CvMADNukesManager
    load_module math
    load_module RawYields
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod RoMSettings
    load_module CvTechChooser
    load_module TechPrefs
    20:11:11 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod Advisors
    load_module CvForeignAdvisor
    load_module CvExoticForeignAdvisor
    load_module IconGrid_BUG
    load_module DomPyHelpers
    load_module TechTree
    load_module FavoriteCivicDetector
    load_module CvReligionScreen
    load_module CvCorporationScreen
    load_module CvCivicsScreen
    load_module CvVictoryScreen
    load_module TechUtil
    load_module CvEspionageAdvisor
    load_module SpyUtil
    load_module BugScreen
    20:11:12 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod BetterEspionage
    load_module CvOptionsScreen
    load_module CvReplayScreen
    load_module CvHallOfFameScreen
    load_module CvDanQuayle
    load_module CvGameUtils
    load_module CvUnVictoryScreen
    load_module CvDawnOfMan
    load_module Buffy
    20:11:12 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod BUFFY
    load_module GameSetUpCheck
    load_module AutoSave
    load_module MapFinder
    load_module MapFinderStatusScreen
    20:11:12 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod MapFinder
    20:11:12 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod AutoSave
    load_module CvTechSplashScreen
    load_module CvTopCivs
    load_module random
    load_module CvInfoScreen
    load_module CvIntroMovieScreen
    load_module CvVictoryMovieScreen
    load_module CvWonderMovieScreen
    load_module CvEraMovieScreen
    load_module CvSpaceShipScreen
    load_module SevoScreenEnums
    load_module CvWorldBuilderScreen
    load_module CvWorldBuilderDiplomacyScreen
    load_module CvDebugTools
    load_module CvDebugInfoScreen
    load_module CvMapGeneratorUtil
    load_module CvGFCScreen
    load_module CvPopupInterface
    load_module CvScreenUtilsInterface
    load_module CvOverlayScreenUtils
    load_module CvDotMapOverlayScreen
    load_module CvStrategyOverlay
    20:11:12 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod StrategyOverlay
    20:11:12 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod CustDomAdv
    20:11:12 INFO : BugCore - creating uninitialized mod TechWindow
    init-ing world builder screen
    load_module CvWBPopups
    load_module CvCameraControls
    load_module CvAdvisorUtils
    load_module InputUtil
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugUtil - extending BugEventManager.preGameStart instead CvAppInterface
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PreGameStart'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'BeginActivePlayerTurn'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'SwitchHotSeatPlayer'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'LanguageChanged'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'ResolutionChanged'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'PythonReloaded'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitUpgraded'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'unitCaptured'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatWithdrawal'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatRetreat'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogCollateral'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'combatLogFlanking'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'playerRevolution'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugEventManager - adding event 'addTeam'
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugInit - init() called
    20:11:12 DEBUG: BugInit - game not fully initialized
    PY:OnInit

init.log
    Spoiler :
    [9994.734] DBG: CIV Init
    [9994.734] VERSION: App: C:\Juegos\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    [9994.734] VERSION: Build: Thu May 14 08:17:10 2009
    [9994.734] VERSION: 3.1.9.0 (128100)
    [10089.843] VERSION: Mod Loaded: mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\
    [10089.859] DBG: FILE Cat Init

xml.log
    Spoiler :
    [10099.343] Loading XML file Assets\modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml
    [10099.343] Load XML file Assets\modules\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml SUCCEEDED
    [10099.343] Loading XML file Assets\modules\Formations\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml
    [10099.343] Load XML file Assets\modules\Formations\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml SUCCEEDED
    [10099.343] Loading XML file Assets\modules\Interface Colors\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml
    [10099.343] Load XML file Assets\modules\Interface Colors\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml SUCCEEDED
    [10099.343] Loading XML file Assets\modules\Custom Leaderheads\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml
    [10099.343] Load XML file Assets\modules\Custom Leaderheads\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml SUCCEEDED
    [10099.359] Loading XML file Assets\xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml
    [10099.359] Load XML file Assets\xml\GameInfo/CIV4PlayerOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
    [10099.359] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfos/PlayerOptionInfo)
    [10099.375] Loading XML file Assets\xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml
    [10099.390] Load XML file Assets\xml\GameInfo/CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml SUCCEEDED
    [10099.390] SetGlobalClassInfo (Civ4GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfos/GraphicOptionInfo)

Attached Files:

15. edua234

edua234 Chieftain

Greetings

I really like this AND2 version and here's some reasons:

It's harder to achieve Robotics and therefore produce Mechanized infantry, I like it, it upsets me when an AI make a straight line to robotics and get there so easily

I like all this new minor buildings, it makes the game more diverse

The new wonders and national wonders are great too

But here's some details:

I believe it's still missing a upgrade to Machine gun, maybe a Modern machine gun in Manufacturing :science: is my suggestion

Suddenly from 30 :strength: to 70 :strength: in Mechanized infantry is way too much

Removing AEGIS cruiser, I don't know, I like it, I'd like to get it back again

Still missing a special building for artillery on modern age

A some minus details for other time
    Thanks

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

AEGIS cruiser wasn't removed; there were 2 very similar units, AEGIS cruiser and Missile cruiser. I've simply merged them, now there's only a missile cruiser (graphically displayed as a Ticonderoga class AEGIS cruiser).

17. edua234

edua234 Chieftain

Yeah I saw that, I liked it when there was 2 different boats, one to transport missiles and another one that can see submarines and stealth boats
    it's not like is a big deal, I know they are too similar but it was more diverse.

Oh yeah another thing, it's me or the modern paratrooper is too weak?

Compare to the other units on Modern warfare is too soft, maybe if it gets more :strength: or you can reach earlier it will be better.

18. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Chieftain

I think I figured out why this was happening by the way. (From memory) In the UserSettings folder there is a folder - CustomDomAdv. When you save your customized domestic advisor in game (F1 city list thingy), it creates a file > CustomDomAdv.txt inside the UserSettings folder.

The problem for me at least, was that this CustomDomAdv.txt needed to replace the default CustomDomAdv.txt that is inside the CustomDomAdv folder.

My solution was just once civ had closed, to replace the default CustomDomAdv.txt from inside the CustomDomAdv folder with the newer CustomDomAdv.txt (customization saved when I last played) that was in the root UserSettings folder. Then this 'newer' CustomDomAdv.txt will become the 'default' and will show up when I next play.

19. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Thank you Sgtslick, I think it should be an easy python change then. I'll try and I'll let you know. If it works, it will be in the next revision

Edit: it works, fix will be included in next revision; a bit of python code was missing. Thank you Sgtslick, I had no clue until I've read your post above.

20. Jacks

Jacks Chieftain

I'm getting an error I can't find any information about:

GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme.

I've re-downloaded the game probably 6 or 7 times (a few different versions) since Thanksgiving and I keep getting the same error.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue...as I am not very computer savvy.
    The only thing different with my rig (which WAS running the ROM/AND splendidly) was that I downloaded Steam Civ 5 and DirectX 11. Not sure if this would have anything to do with the error, but it didn't show up until after I downloaded Civ5.

Also, I am able to play some other mods, such as PIE's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.