1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HotFusion

HotFusion Chieftain

I'm at a total loss then. This is a completely clean install. As in, I deleted and reinstalled my entire civ game, not just the mod, and AND is the only mid I've installed, and this version totally clean and untouched.

What I see when I do this is that things like the Stoneworker's hut stop getting bonuses from the resources. So, a hut in a city with stone normally gives you 3 hammers, but after reloading the files, it goes back down to 1, and nothing you do in game can fix it, not even deleting the building with the World Builder and replacing it.

I have no idea why I am getting bugs that no one else is, but this is a totally clean install I made specifically for bug reports.

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

Can you upload your save and tell me specifically what happens (i.e. City X has a Stoneworker's hut getting X hammers, reloading the game I get Y hammer). I will have a look, but I've tried again and it definetly works in my version. The revision I'm currently using has not been released yet but the only thing I've changed was a couple of CTD fix and a "no nukes" game option, nothing to do with resources or bonuses.

3. HotFusion

HotFusion Chieftain

Be glad to!

This is a two-for-one. Check out the Iroquois chariot two squares SW of Berlin. If you just hit end turn, it will illegally use the German roads to move 4 squares and take Berlin.

Also, check out Munich. Right now it has a Stoneworker's hut that grants +3 hammers, due to the presence of the stone quarry nearby. If you reload using Shift-Control-T, the hut gets reduced to +1 hammer.

If these don't show up on your system, then I don't even know what to say.

Attached Files:

4. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Stone problem is definetly a recalc problem and using your save it happens to me too.
    I also see the problem with chariot, but I wonder why no one else had this problem and I've never seen it before either. I'll investigate more. :(

Edit: from another test, it looks like the route problem only happens with paved roads. If I change paved roads with roads or cart paths or even highways or railroads, chariot isn't able to conquer Berlin anymore, even if I place it only 2 squares south of Berlin. If I change road/paved road/cart paths back and forth, it will move more than 1 square only using paved roads. Moreover, if I change unit and use any other unit (at least those that I've tried), it won't move more than 1 square. If I remove your chariot with WB and place another chariot, it will conquer Berlin again. Definetly looks like a problem with chariots/paved roads.

5. HotFusion

HotFusion Chieftain

Well, I'm not happy that you have more work, but at least I'm glad to know I'm not crazy :crazyeye:

The AI route bug has been dogging me since forever, and no else seems to notice it. At least there's proof now.

EDIT: I can say a few things about the route bug. It only happens when the AI has the same kind of route in its own territory and has a unit of the same type occupying that route. In the savegame I just posted, I couldn't get the Iroquois chariot to cheat until I created other chariots deep within Iroquois territory.

As a very ugly workaround, I've created new route types that are identical to the 'real' ones, but have different IDs and can't be accessed via the tech tree. I then use the world builder to replace my roads with the special roads midway through the game. This definitely stops the route bug, but it's really ugly. I discovered the recalc bug when creating these new routes to fix a game that was spinning out of control because of the route bug.

As for why no one else sees it, I'm guessing it's because most players quickly out-tech the AI and are constantly updating their routes to new types. I like to play slower games where the tech rate has been decreased in the gamepseed xml. This means that it's more likely for both me and the AI to have fully developed road networks of the same type.

6. 45°38'N-13°47'E

More on what you've found: it looks like it's a combination of moves that a unit can perform and movement costs. So far, only chariot has this problem and only on paved roads.

As for recalc problem, I've experimented a bit with your save and WB: I've seen this problem only with Stoneworker's hut and fish traps, but NOT with fisherman's hut which is working properly even after a recalc. What I've discovered is that both Stoneworker's hut and Fish traps (both don't work) aren't also displayed in Civilopedia when I load your savegame. :confused: But they ARE displayed in the civilopedia on every other save I have. So my guess is that your save was from a revision before Vokarya's buildings were introduced; somehow when you changed revision, some buildings were partially "pushed out" of the game and hence their bonuses are not correctly recalculated when you hit Ctrl+****f+T.

7. HotFusion

HotFusion Chieftain

Here's a savegame in which an axeman moves three tiles to take Berlin.

This was save made from a new installation made today, from scratch, reinstalling the entire Civ game and then taking the newest AND build straight from the SVN. Does the Stoneworker's hut break in your own savegames? Is my system haunted? (I am clearing my cache, BTW).

Attached Files:

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Im my own savegames I have no problem with Stoneworker's hut or Fish Traps. They work and are correctly displayed in Civilopedia. But if I load your save, they're not working and are not displayed anymore in civilopedia. Can you see them on your pc in the civilopedia?

I'll try now your other save and I'll let you know.

Edit: in your save your axeman simply moves away. However, if I place an axeman 2 tiles south of Berlin, it moves 2 tiles north and captures the city. Definetly a problem with paved roads.

9. HotFusion

HotFusion Chieftain

Yeah, I can. That's totally weird. If the recalc bug isn't showing up on your system, I'd say don't bother spending effort on it. I don't know why our systems are getting different results.

It's odd that this seems to be a paved road problem only. I'll see if I can't make the bug happen with other types of routes.

10. 45°38'N-13°47'E

No, I see the bug with your save but not in any other of my saves, even if I recalc. What I'm saying is that maybe this bug is connected with the fact that I can't see in civilopedia those buildings suffering from the bug. And actually, fisherman's hut is working in your save too (and it's displayed in civilopedia).

I don't know, seems odd to me too, but I've tried your save changing every type of route and it only happens with paved roads. :(

11. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

Still was using rev657 here because there was a game I wanted to get finished, but suddenly the save games just stopped working.

I was sitting there at home, a Huge Highlands game at Marathon speed, and saved the game before heading to work. Not only three minutes later I opened up Rise of Mankind and loaded the game, and seconds into the load it exits to the desktop without warning - not even an error message.
    I clear the cache while loading and the same thing.

Well fine, this sometimes happens when something goes wrong while saving, so I load an autosave - same thing. Next autosave back, same thing. I pull up a save from almost eighty turns back, and it still crashes. I don't get it - everything was working up until I made this save, and then the whole game gets corrupted?

I can still load other games, and create a new one and then load that, it's just this one Highlands game that went under.

If anyone wants to take a look...
    I had to zip it up because the file was almost 3MB in size =/

If the whole session went bad somehow, I might as well update to the latest revision and just start a new game ^^

12. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

19:14:33 INFO : WidgetUtil - WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GP_PROGRESS_BAR = 191
    19:14:33 DEBUG: BugUtil - looking up GPUtil.getHoverText
    19:14:33 DEBUG: WidgetUtil - registering Function hover help for WidgetTypes 191: <function getHoverText at 0x282723B0>
    19:14:33 INFO : WidgetUtil - WidgetTypes.WIDGET_BUG_OPTION_SCREEN = 192
    19:14:33 DEBUG: WidgetUtil - registering XML hover help for WidgetTypes 192: <function <lambda> at 0x288C9C30>
    19:14:33 INFO : WidgetUtil - WidgetTypes.WIDGET_MAD_SCREEN = 193
    19:14:33 DEBUG: WidgetUtil - registering XML hover help for WidgetTypes 193: <function <lambda> at 0x288C9C70>
    19:14:33 DEBUG: Timer - load mod [BUG Main Interface] took 66 ms

This is the area where its crashing, if this had fully loaded? it crashing on the next part.

The version makes no difference, I was using the 2.0 Version and it crashed twice at this point.

Don't know what else to do, will look at point past it now.

*Edit* this is the section past the crash that's documented.

19:19:03 DEBUG: BugInit - init() called
    19:19:03 DEBUG: BugInit - initializing...
    19:19:03 DEBUG: BugInitForced has already un so skipping path and module init
    19:19:03 DEBUG: BugInit - loading mod init...
    19:19:03 DEBUG: BugConfig - loading mod file BUG Config
    19:19:03 DEBUG: BugInit - loading mod BUG Config...

So what it means?? I don't understand.

13. 45°38'N-13°47'E

It happened to me too some months ago; don't know why from a certain point onwards savegames were totally corrupted. But I remember posting the save on the forum and Joseph was able to load it. I've loaded your save and it crashes instantly before finishing loading but I have no clue why it does so. :(

14. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

That really is too bad... I was having a lot of fun in that game ^^

Well, hopefully it's not a very common error - it'd kind of dissuade me from playing Huge maps on slower speeds :lol:

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Couldn't get past all the xml errors. This games version is incompatible with the Tech tree changes of SVN 663. Allocating errors on memory, more siblings than memeory set for and Load xml call failed for multiple entries various xml files. Sorry.

JosEPh

16. poncratias

poncratias Chieftain

No barbarians spawning & other issues:

Got the latest rev build, am in the year 2600 bc, gigantic map size, 21 civs.
    And barbarians are activated per setup.

I am on a huge continent with only 2 others, lots and lots of free space everywhere.

Yet i hadnt seen 1 single barbarian.

Is this a bug?

Also:

Why is the early goverment civic only allowing 3 cities? none of the other civs got stoneworks yet so here we are spending thousands of years on empty continents restricted to 3 cities.
    why not 6?

Plus i think there should be something between "Stammeskultur" (only know the german word) and Despotism, as it feels like a huge gap between them, most civs don't go to despotism right away so the early game is pretty empty.

17. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Answer here

18. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Chieftain

How do you change it so that upgrading units isn't just 20:gold: for everything?

19. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I just want to say that right now I'm still doing autoplays (500 turns on Large size, Random mapscript, Normal speed) to see if religions are clustering. I changed Monotheism to Priesthood + Masonry + Sacrifice to get it off the Polytheism line and I think that's doing the job to break up any Ancient Era religion clustering. I've seen Buddhism-Taoism go together 5 times out of 7, so I think that needs adjusting, and Christianity-Islam 5 times as well, but I think that is just an issue of one AI getting out to a runaway lead (those 5 were all the #1 civilization on the scoreboard in each game).

I'm also still seeing crashes during autoplay, but they don't look to be repeating any more. If I reload and autoplay again, there is no crash.

20. platyping

platyping Sleeping Dragon

By right it won't be, unless the system is screwed in the dll.

Use def getUpgradePriceOverride(self, argsList): in CvGameUtils to overwrite the dll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.