A tale about a wife, her husband... and making sandwiches.

I think you realized you had misread my post after I made my first response and that's why you're avoiding an actual answer now. Don't worry, that happens sometimes. Would have been a lot easier - and would have shown more character strength - if you had just admitted that, but oh well. :pat:

No, it's just that explaining things to you is pointless.

Metalhead you are being very passive aggressive trying to tell other people what they meant. I read what the poster wrote and didn't get remotely the same negative reading you imagine to have been there. I think that says more about you than anyone else.

Back on topic: Tacos make for a great easy to make portable lunch. Just keep the tortillas and the meat/filling separate until it is meal time. Japanese bento is pretty easy to prepare as is some sort of rice/meat/flatbread combo. Burritos travel well and are easy to make. Quinoa salad with some sort of egg rolls would also work.

- Is she in a loving relationship, or is she being abused by a husband who wants her to make all the sandwiches and is keeping her from having a career?

Her making sandwiches for her husband has 0 impact on this question. We have no idea if either of them are abusive.

However, if I had to guess, I'd say neither of them is abusive, unless she is making him slightly poisonous sandwiches every other day.

- Do the people who tell her that she should not make sandwiches for her husband have a point, or is it just a misguided interpretation of equality? Can these people even be in a loving relationship?

They're morons from the "everything is offensive" generation. They're best ignored.

- Did she make life choices that you find reasonable, or should she not take the role of the support character while her husband gets all the experience out on the job market?

Depends on factors we have no idea about.

Metalhead you are being very passive aggressive trying to tell other people what they meant. I read what the poster wrote and didn't get remotely the same negative reading you imagine to have been there. I think that says more about you than anyone else.

Back on topic: Tacos make for a great easy to make portable lunch. Just keep the tortillas and the meat/filling separate until it is meal time. Japanese bento is pretty easy to prepare as is some sort of rice/meat/flatbread combo. Burritos travel well and are easy to make. Quinoa salad with some sort of egg rolls would also work.

wait that's back on topic as in answering the facebook question? Not really sure that was the topic... but I'm game.

I bring lunch almost every day to work but it's in an office with a fridge and microwave so most things are doable here. But yes, soft tacos I do just what you said, other stuff that works soup is really easy just get a thermos if on the go. I like cold chicken so I would do cold leftover fried chicken, tenders or wings. I like cold steak as well. Maybe I'm just weird. Sausages and hamburgers are good but those need to be hot sandwiches, I guess you could thermos the meat and bring the buns separate. You can do spaghetti/any noodles/mac n cheese in a thermos as well, my daughter has mac n cheese at school all the time. Some people like cold pizza. I'm not sure I am one of those people.

He does that to everyone. At least, everyone he disagrees with.

Yeah marry and fornicate and vomit all over each other.

Bruh.

And many of them were. Early feminism was good nonetheless, because it removed some of the major inequalities between the sexes. I have no doubt that the third wave will also be remembered for the things it helped achieve, but of course that does not change that mainstream feminism is mostly a garbage pile, and many of the people who are attracted to the movement have terrible attitudes towards men and society as a whole, and believe in conspiracy theories about mystical forces that hold down women even if there is no active discrimination to be found.

It's not that there's anything wrong with feminism, it's just that tons of terrible people are attracted to it because it gives them an easy way to live out their hateful tendencies.

Ah, the old "she secretly wanted it" ethos.

The point is simply that today we have absurd behavior like criticizing the lack of transgender toilets while literally at the same time underage girls in immigrant communities are forced into marriage. It's all very dishonest. The "feminist" movement simply doesn't want to touch these actual problems because they don't want to criticize minorities.

Should the lack of transgender toilets be a feminist issue though?

The point is simply that today we have absurd behavior like criticizing the lack of transgender toilets while literally at the same time underage girls in immigrant communities are forced into marriage. It's all very dishonest. The "feminist" movement simply doesn't want to touch these actual problems because they don't want to criticize minorities.

I think you and Valessa tend to invent a movement that doesn't actually exist, for the purpose of criticizing it. Here in the U.S. we have many organizations dedicated to ending child marriage. This is just an abjectly absurd and terrible claim you're making. It's like you take the worst aspects of a few fringe people who identify as feminists, ignore the rest of what actual "feminists" do, and then use the fringe as if that represents the whole movement. It's just disgusting.

The idea that lacking any clear outward signs of discrimination means that people are all making it up is pretty much the same thing as a Weinstein being faced with an aspiring starlet's "acquiescence" assuming that she wanted it, even if later she comes out saying otherwise. It entirely misses reality.

I think you and Valessa tend to invent a movement that doesn't actually exist, for the purpose of criticizing it. Here in the U.S. we have many organizations dedicated to ending child marriage. This is just an abjectly absurd and terrible claim you're making. It's like you take the worst aspects of a few fringe people who identify as feminists, ignore the rest of what actual "feminists" do, and then use the fringe as if that represents the whole movement. It's just disgusting.

There are "honest" feminists, but those are usually being attacked - as right wing, discriminatory, racist, whatever - since they do, in fact, also criticize discrimination in immigrant communities. Furthermore, they usually don't get much news coverage (In Germany, I don't know about USA), because they are not "useful" for political parties & elections.

What you represent as the "fringe" is in fact the majority & the most influential people & what you claim as the movement is a few, actually hard working people.

So, yes, I should differentiate between those honest feminists & the political groups that have captured the whole issue although they simply don't care about women's rights.

Cold pizza is one of life's little gifts to humanity.

Cold pizza is disgusting and must not be eaten by anyone. :) I would only seriously consider eating it if I had no other food in the house and no way to warm it.

I should also add that some people feel you can't mess up pizza. I beg to differ. I have eaten pizza at work that was absolutely disgusting. I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if it had been cold. Not all pizza is good.

There are "honest" feminists, but those are usually being attacked - as right wing, discriminatory, racist, whatever - since they do, in fact, also criticize discrimination in immigrant communities. Furthermore, they usually don't get much news coverage (In Germany, I don't know about USA), because they are not "useful" for political parties & elections.

What you represent as the "fringe" is in fact the majority & the most influential people & what you claim as the movement is a few, actually hard working people.

I'm pretty sure you're just making stuff up.

It's funny that you accuse others of inventing a movement, when you are the one pretending the fringe movements make up the big bulk of feminism. Have a look at the big feminist websites, and compare how many articles there are about child marriage, and how many there are about "Microaggressions", and similar meaningless crap that you can only care about if you're in a privileged position. Just read the articles on the main page of some of the major feminist magazines.

Just an example of everydayfeminism:
"3 Ways Microaggressions In The Workplace Got Worse After Trump"
"I Didn’t Know My Boyfriend Was Abusive Since He Never Hit Me"
"These Facts Prove Everything You Know About Weight Loss Is a Lie"
"How Men Can Better Recognize and Interrupt Everyday Sexual Harassment"
"Is Your Halloween Costume Racist?"
"4 Ways Therapists Failed Me As a Woman"

Doesn't that just spell self-centered, middle-class woman who just wants to be told how much of a victim she is? Nobody denies (at least I hope nobody does) that there are people who identify as feminists and do things that are actually important, but to pretend that the self-absorbed, all-about-me feminism that doesn't care a bit about people with actual problems "doesn't actually exist" is ridiculous. Of course it exists, and it dominates all major feminist platforms on the internet.

Top Bottom