AAranda's modcomps for RoM 2.7

Can I Kamikaze a plane into the World Trade Center? :crazyeye:

Yes , it could be done . I always liked differents and crazy ideas , and that one is widely different
I like too much even the name "great chinese fire wall" , sounds quite good... but i dont want to offend anyone , so i'll wait for our chinese new poster to have the last word about the name

Well, acturally I think the 2000P should be decreased to 1000P
And... "Great chinese fire" wall is not so cool, As the Great Wall is right for the onlyone in China, This one should be Called "Great cyber wall" or "Great fire wall",anyone of these two is fine ~ require Tech: Maxism(or Comminism) and Internet

Also, The Long March should be one of the world wonders... If you are interested I can offer you many ideas about your new mod~~

The Long March 1300P require Tech: Comminism,nationism and militory secience
Morale,woodsman2 ,Guerilla2 promotion for every gunpower unit built in this city
+3culture +1Happy (This is a 100% militory world wonder ~)

Yuanmingyuan Park 2200P (can be built when civ is Fuedal,Renaissance or early)
+75%good +50%culture +3happy +1good in everycity on this continent
and finally the most important function: -30%militory production for all cities...

Morale,woodsman2 ,Guerilla2 promotion for every gunpower unit built in this city

Yeah, interesting idea as well, but I think it could have a -5 :food: per turn malus with it (after all, these soldiers on the march need some rice, especially after swimming across the yellow river...)

@AAranda, I have a small speed up fix for the movie playing part of your mod but currently I am not using many mods nor playing games long enough to test it as I am building and testing a new python mod (zEnslavement enhancement, just need to add piracy now). Could you test it? It gives no python errors so I just need to know if it plays the movies correctly, ie Great and National Wonder movies and Holy Shrine movies. Thanks.

I'll try in a few , i'm very busy now
Btw , if the old code is working fine , why a new one?

Well, acturally I think the 2000P should be decreased to 1000P
And... "Great chinese fire" wall is not so cool, As the Great Wall is right for the onlyone in China, This one should be Called "Great cyber wall" or "Great fire wall",anyone of these two is fine ~ require Tech: Maxism(or Comminism) and Internet

Great cyber wall is quite good , i'll do that , would be to internet what inquisition was to religions ... but don't say "great chinese fire wall" wasn't cool , it sounded really cool and humoristic ... but great cyber world is far better , and serious , dammit!

Also, The Long March should be one of the world wonders... If you are interested I can offer you many ideas about your new mod~~

Not as a wonder , because is a very particular point of chinese history , but i had it on mind as a unique wonder to add to chinese civilization whenever i make it ... but not adding all those promotions , that's too much

Yuanmingyuan Park 2200P (can be built when civ is Fuedal,Renaissance or early)
+75%good +50%culture +3happy +1good in everycity on this continent
and finally the most important function: -30%militory production for all cities...

The Gardens of Perfect Brightness will be included as a unique wonder to chinese civ as well , replacing national park
Thanks very much for the ideas , and if you can point me some national heros from your country , i'll see if i add them as patriots to chinese civ
And if everyone else can do the same , pointing me patriots or wonders from their countries , i'll be thankfull , as it will easy a lot my work in the new civs mod

Yeah, interesting idea as well, but I think it could have a -5 :food: per turn malus with it (after all, these soldiers on the march need some rice, especially after swimming across the yellow river...)

Wow..... But in fact they didn't swim across the Yellow River.... Dadu River,Chishui River and so on.... :goodjob::goodjob:

The leaders for China civ.... I can surely give some advise

Liuche (bc 157-bc 87) the fifth emperor of Han Dynasty, here is some background:
1,He is the first emperor who ruled the nation with Confusism,
2,He is the first emperor who set the HanLin institution(anyway= university)
3,He is the one who open the Silkroad
4,He is the first one who used "Zuijizhao" to criticise himself as a emperor
5,When he is alive, China is absolutely the greatist nation in the world at that time,(Some statistics said that the GDP of Han Dynasty is over half of the world GDP at that time..)
6,he fought a heroic war against the Mongols(Hun)for over 20 years

the traits:protective and Organized will be fine... But I can see every traits is suitable for him...By the way,"Chinese" in chinese is called "Han", and that's because of him.

The leaders for China civ.... I can surely give some advise

Liuche (bc 157-bc 87) the fifth emperor of Han Dynasty, here is some background:
1,He is the first emperor who ruled the nation with Confusism,
2,He is the first emperor who set the HanLin institution(anyway= university)
3,He is the one who open the Silkroad
4,He is the first one who used "Zuijizhao" to criticise himself as a emperor
5,When he is alive, China is absolutely the greatist nation in the world at that time,(Some statistics said that the GDP of Han Dynasty is over half of the world GDP at that time..)
6,he fought a heroic war against the Mongols(Hun)for over 20 years

the traits:protective and Organized will be fine... But I can see every traits is suitable for him...By the way,"Chinese" in chinese is called "Han", and that's because of him.

I didn't meant to use those people as leaders , but as patriots . This is a special kind of units , full of promotions , attached to his belonging civilization and without the possibility to upgrade.
I introduced them as a new concept in my civs for 2.71 versions , so , what i'm looking for is some kind of war leader or spy famous for his acts to his country , like bolivar/venezuela , patton/usa or ahuitzotl/aztecs ... i could use Liuche as well , but nothing appears in the net under this name .I tink is a matter of names , can he be Wudi in spanish? i think is called Wu Han or Han Wu in english , can be him? I think so because the wars and the dates , must look in my books ... later
What i have on mind for china by now is:
Qui shi Huang/axeman
Han Wudi/horseman
Taizong/swordsman
Zheng He/Bauchan(galleon)
Sun Tzu/Light sworsdman
Cao Cao/spearman
Zhuge Liang/crossbowman
Jing ke/ancient spy
Mao zedong/Infantry

Wow..... But in fact they didn't swim across the Yellow River.... Dadu River,Chishui River and so on.... :goodjob::goodjob:

Well, only thing we learned about the great march was that Chairman Mao also swam across a river and as the Yellow River is the most famous along with the Yangtse (to be honest: these are the only chinese rivers we have ever heard of in germany) :)

I've heard of the Yellow River, the Yangtze, and the Pearl River but that's it

I'll try in a few , i'm very busy now
Btw , if the old code is working fine , why a new one?

The old one was probably adding a lot to the turn delay since it was causing the game to search for a movie on every building not just the great wonders, national wonders and holy shrines. For example it was looking for a movie every time any city built a barracks.

Someone said that when they removed your mods their game went faster. Someone else said it was probably the python, obviously they haven't seen some of the C code produced about the place :). The only python in your mod is the movie display code.

The old one was probably adding a lot to the turn delay since it was causing the game to search for a movie on every building not just the great wonders, national wonders and holy shrines. For example it was looking for a movie every time any city built a barracks.

Someone said that when they removed your mods their game went faster. Someone else said it was probably the python, obviously they haven't seen some of the C code produced about the place :). The only python in your mod is the movie display code.

I see , and i always thought the delay was because my old computer!
I'm in the middle of something big requering my attention , but i'll leave it right now and i'll give some test to that code instantly
I'll tell you in a couple of days how it goes
Thanks a lot , once more

is your religions modmod set up to be used with the choose religions option? just askin cause i usually...kk well always...use the choose option with limited and race to be first to discover with a little help from wb by giving myself the prereqs so poly is my first tech researched....ya i know its cheatin but i always play deity snail and thats pretty much all i do to cheat in the game.....much better then civ2 on the playstation..lol i used the unlimited cash option often back then

and also maybe its just late but i'm not understanding the install instructions obviously, cause its not loading.....but it extracts into a new folder called 5.religion is that whats supposed to happen? .... i think i figured this part out i need to unzip elsewhere then replace with these?

is your religions modmod set up to be used with the choose religions option? just askin cause i usually...kk well always...use the choose option with limited and race to be first to discover with a little help from wb by giving myself the prereqs so poly is my first tech researched....ya i know its cheatin but i always play deity snail and thats pretty much all i do to cheat in the game.....much better then civ2 on the playstation..lol i used the unlimited cash option often back then

and also maybe its just late but i'm not understanding the install instructions obviously, cause its not loading.....but it extracts into a new folder called 5.religion is that whats supposed to happen? .... i think i figured this part out i need to unzip elsewhere then replace with these?

I didn't set up the mod to be used with choose religion , but i think it should work anyway
To install , it unzippes into a new folder called 5.religion because that' the way7zip extracts.
Just open the folder and follow the instructions provided in the readme file

No further test needed
It works fine and the turns speed has been increased a lot
Thanks , i'll wait for you to upload as a patch to include inthe buildings mod

hmmm now its not loading the buildings says xml error when loading the mod and for each building type nm lol did i mention its late and i'm tired yet..heehee, the xml folder didn;t replace the original one so i fixed it

AAranda,
I'm new to the RoM mod, and loved the ideas you have. However after installing your modmods, I am encountering errors when loading RoM.

Here's what the dialog says:
Tag:BUILDINGCLASS_SHAMANS_YURTA in Info class was incorrect current xml file is xml\Buildings/CIV4BuildingsInfos.xml
The next one says:
Tag:RELIGION_TENGRIISM in Info class was incorrect current xml file is xml\Buildings/CIV4BuildingsInfos.xml

They continue on from there for a long darn time, and there's a lot of fracking dialogs, I know because I clicked through them all to see what would happen, my poor clicking finger!!

In any case RoM runs after all that clicking, but I really don't want to do that, so I'm wondering what I did wrong on the installation.
I put all the AAranda folders (and accompanying xml file under /Assets/Modules
And all the other folders (res, python, etc) under Assets. I assumed those .jpgs were there just for example screenshots and did nothing with them.

So, if you got time and can help, let me know. In the mean time since I clicked through all that, I'm going to see if the new religions are actually working on a game.

Thanks.
This is exactly same xml error that i got when i use your's and quibing's modmod.And, yeah there's a lot of this error(i'm sure it was more than 50 messages).

But, after i use quibing's latest release(1.0.2), and all of your mod, i'm happily say that, they cause no error at all now!
HOoooorah

Top Bottom