AAranda's modcomps for RoM 2.7

I add the religion patch, and it causing a conflict with a modular wonder movie (bolshoi, piazza san marco, and bradenburg gate), that was generalstaff's, i think.I was able to play the game, but those 3 wonder is disappeared, i delete them from custom building folder, and the xml error message dissappear.So i'm sure the problem is there.
Would you take a look??

I have both working without XML problems, I did have to edit the various MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml files to make sure it worked. This sounds like your problem. Look at the tutorial at the top of this forum and make sure that you have something like
Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>RoM Modular Wonders II</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

in it. You will probably need one for each of the generalstaff folders.

Edit: on second thoughts the problem may be one folder higher. Ie make sure the custom buildings folder appears in the file at the next higher level. Hope that makes sense

To reiterate there is probably a problem with your MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml in the modules/custom buildings folder. Add a module section for each of the missing wonder folders as described in the tutorial.

@AAranda, while testing my mod with RoM 2.71 and your religions modmod I got some simple python errors which seem to be linked to inquisitions. Since you have very minimal python code in your mod it must be something to do with the base RoM. I do not use inquisitions so I have not tested the attached fully but it gets rid of the error and causes no other problems that I have seen in testing. Could you or others test it with inquisitions?

It is CvUtil.py and belongs in the python folder. I have marked the changes with ## AAranda's religions start and ## AAranda's religions end

@AAranda, while testing my mod with RoM 2.71 and your religions modmod I got some simple python errors which seem to be linked to inquisitions. Since you have very minimal python code in your mod it must be something to do with the base RoM. I do not use inquisitions so I have not tested the attached fully but it gets rid of the error and causes no other problems that I have seen in testing. Could you or others test it with inquisitions?

It is CvUtil.py and belongs in the python folder. I have marked the changes with ## AAranda's religions start and ## AAranda's religions end

Neither do i play with inquisition , but that code is , obviously , requiered
The strange thing is that nobody complainted before , don't you think?
I'll give it a fully test in about 2/3 weeks , when i finish with the americans civs . Then i'll play a complete civ game , thing that i haven't done in all this year
I'll include the code in the next versions , thanks very much ... more than ever , because that problem never crossed my mind

awesome!

have you ever thought about doing a Rapture spin on the Religions for RoM? I would love to see Orthodox, Protestant and the two different Islam's, and if this was done through schism's and reformations then that would be great.

EDIT: Does this new update still require the Patch?

awesome!

have you ever thought about doing a Rapture spin on the Religions for RoM? I would love to see Orthodox, Protestant and the two different Islam's, and if this was done through schism's and reformations then that would be great.

EDIT: Does this new update still require the Patch?

I rather prefer the religions like them are now , i really like each one beeing different to the other , and that can't be if a multiply them by 3 or 4 ... besides , i like religions beeeing founded through techs , and that would change too ... so i'm not going to switch

Of course the patch is included in the main mod since yeswterday

Is possible to change names in the religions mod? (for example changing Natures Answer to Sacred Grove of Mona*) (*shortend from the Isle of Mona)
one other question how do make those custom civs?

Is possible to change names in the religions mod? (for example changing Natures Answer to Sacred Grove of Mona*) (*shortend from the Isle of Mona)
one other question how do make those custom civs?

You can edit the buildinginfo file
You want to make a civ ? This is a very long answer .Take an akready done modular civ and use it as a base chanching whatever you want , speaking quickly

You can edit the buildinginfo file
You want to make a civ ? This is a very long answer .Take an akready done modular civ and use it as a base chanching whatever you want , speaking quickly

ah thank you :)

hmm changing names how hard would it be to change the name of a religion itself

cause as you see aender is my name i've used it for about 25 years now on all kinds of games and anderism is sooo close i'd like to change it to aenderism since it fits.....aenderton is my first city always and usually i dont build the second till i discover a religion to make it the holy city also, although i usually have an archer and settler, or 3 depending on which tech gives it to me prepared, and waiting on the spot(s)...lol at times i even have the road(s) built too

anyway i know this is being a bit(?) conceited of me but hey i am the one playing the game

I have both working without XML problems, I did have to edit the various MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml files to make sure it worked. This sounds like your problem. Look at the tutorial at the top of this forum and make sure that you have something like
Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>RoM Modular Wonders II</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

in it. You will probably need one for each of the generalstaff folders.

Edit: on second thoughts the problem may be one folder higher. Ie make sure the custom buildings folder appears in the file at the next higher level. Hope that makes sense

To reiterate there is probably a problem with your MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml in the modules/custom buildings folder. Add a module section for each of the missing wonder folders as described in the tutorial.
No, i 'm sure that i've added everyone entry inside the MLF(ANM, aaranda, afforess, sarkyn, your's, jooyo, project(vincent)).But, just as an information, I put those 3 folder inside custom building folder ( so i don't think that adding an entry inside the MLF is necessary), and i got no error before adding the patch.I add the patch, load the mod, and dang, the error message appear, say something about those 3 wonders.

But it's okay if the problem can't be fixed, i would simply delete those wonder. I shared the problem here just tecause i want to give you a feedback guys:)

No, i 'm sure that i've added everyone entry inside the MLF(ANM, aaranda, afforess, sarkyn, your's, jooyo, project(vincent)).But, just as an information, I put those 3 folder inside custom building folder ( so i don't think that adding an entry inside the MLF is necessary), and i got no error before adding the patch.I add the patch, load the mod, and dang, the error message appear, say something about those 3 wonders.

But it's okay if the problem can't be fixed, i would simply delete those wonder. I shared the problem here just tecause i want to give you a feedback guys:)

Maybe you have an older version of those wonders, there were some XML changes between 2.7 and 2.71 to do with WoC. Which of mine are you using? If its the wonder movies I posted a patch which basically put a MLF entry in the custom buildings folder because of the aforementioned changes.

Hello,I know Im probably asking something that would too much time away from your other mod-mods,but I have a request.. Can you put the Shawnee civilization into the game? We are Native-Americans,and we are well I think I'll let the link explain http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/539132/Shawnee

I,m just finishing my american civs rework , it will be done in 5/7 days
What i,ve done for previous versions were :
Cherokee
Iroquois
Dinnehih
sioux
And what i'm adding for this version , and for good , are also :
Apache
Algonquin
Chinook
I really think it was a need for various indians civs in CIV and RoM , but also think is enough with the seven i will add shortly
Anyway , Shawnee are close related to algonquins , i think , and i hope it would bee good enough for you
In another hand , if you want to help providing some info about UU , UB , leaders or , mostly , patriots for algonquin nation or other indian civs , all be glad to include it , and now is exactly when , because everything will be finish in 5/7 days

Help! What am I doing wrong? I can't make any of the downloads work :/

I'm running RoM 2.71 and have downloaded several of the 2.71 add-ons from here. I've extracted them to my RoM folder and let them replace where needed.

They all get placed in an 'AAranda' folder in my 'Modules' folder, as I guess they should - but alas, they do not load up.

I've tried moving some of of the folders from the AAranda-folder - i.e. 'Custom Buildings', 'Custom Units' etc - to the corresponding folders already existing in the Modules folder.

This resulted in the buildings etc actually loading, but with a purple square-icon instead of the proper graphics, when displayed in the civilopedia.

Any help/advice etc would be much appreciated... :confused:

Help! What am I doing wrong? I can't make any of the downloads work :/

I'm running RoM 2.71 and have downloaded several of the 2.71 add-ons from here. I've extracted them to my RoM folder and let them replace where needed.

They all get placed in an 'AAranda' folder in my 'Modules' folder, as I guess they should - but alas, they do not load up.

I've tried moving some of of the folders from the AAranda-folder - i.e. 'Custom Buildings', 'Custom Units' etc - to the corresponding folders already existing in the Modules folder.

This resulted in the buildings etc actually loading, but with a purple square-icon instead of the proper graphics, when displayed in the civilopedia.

Any help/advice etc would be much appreciated... :confused:

With the folders are included a couple of files to be placed in your RoM modules folder , have you remember to replace them?

Got it working somehow, after a meticulous reinstallation of all the add-ons - don't ask what I did wrong on the all the previous attempts... :hmm:

But thx for the quick reply :)

Top Bottom