• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Abaddon's Weird News of the World!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. That really kills the reputation that I had heard that India had an extremely rigorous and competitive engineering schooling. But maybe that is only for the very peak of the students?

Most US companies are very reluctant to simply accept the credentials of those who were educated in non-Western European countries as the basis for hiring. Many immigrants from these countries get masters degrees at colleges like Stevens Institute of Technology to show they have proper academic qualifications.

Simpsons becomes real life

A Wisconsin man got cut off after he wolfed down a dozen pieces of fish at an all-you-can-eat fish fry, so he did what any red-blooded American would do: he made a picket sign and protested.

Bill Wisth -- a fish-eating machine at 6-foot-6-inches tall and 350 lbs -- was miffed when workers at his favorite local restaurant in Thiensville, Chuck's Place, said they were running out of yummy sea creatures.

"It's false advertising," Wisth told TMJ4. "We asked for more fish, and they refused to give us more fish."

Fed up with his whining, workers gave him eight more pieces of fish to go, but it wasn't enough. Wisth called police -- a move that turned up no results -- and came back two days later with a picket sign.

"I think that people have to stand up for consumers," he said.

I am sure you remember the simpsons episode that did exactly this, and I guess it is the similarity to that that makes this funny.

He even looks a bit like Homer.

Norway abolishes Church of Norway
[16.05.2012, 08:26pm, Wed. GMT]

In a move that has taken many by surprise, the Norwegian Parliament is set to separate church and state when it carries a constitutional amendment to abolish the Church of Norway. The nation will become secular, with no official religion, and the government will not participate in the appointment of church deans and bishops. Svein Harberg, the spokesman for the Church, Education, and Research Committee stated that the decision is historic both for the Norwegian Church and for the politicians in Parliament.
A parliamentary committee report presented Tuesday contains a unanimous recommendation to have the state permanently separate from the church.

All 169 members of the seven parties in Parliament, including 10 representatives from the Christian Democratic Party and 30 from the Conservative Party, are said to be behind the move, according to a report from TV2.

The government will no longer have a minister of churches, and the state will no longer be responsible for the appointment of bishops and deans.
http://www.norwaynews.com/en/~view.php?72U74549K74833x285Qmf844QQ2886RN76JGo353QbY8

Yay for secularism! Just the right to bear arms left now, then I can almost say I live in a free country. :p

Welcome to the modern world Norway!

We did this over 200 years ago!

Nope!

You can, but there is no constitutionally protected right to it. Was just a pretty lame joke.

IIRC we have one of the highest per capita gun ownerships in the world, a bit behind switzerland, the US and that lot.

I don't care if posting this makes me look bad. I'm doing it anyway. :p

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/21/world/americas/mexico-topless-campagn-ads/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

(CNN) -- It's a campaign that's raising a lot of eyebrows in Mexico.

The campaign involves a 34-year-old philosophy professor named Natalia Juarez, who's running for the Mexican congress. When Juarez realized her bid for office was off to a slow start a few weeks ago, the leftist candidate quickly decided she was going to be transparent with voters in a way they didn't expect.

Juarez decided to appear topless on a billboard surrounded by half-a-dozen supporters of her party, the PRD (Party of the Democratic Revolution). The billboard shows the seven women, including Juarez, naked from the waist up and covering sensitive areas with their right hands while they raise their left fists.

We need more politicians like these. :D

Yay for secularism! Just the right to bear arms left now, then I can almost say I live in a free country. :p

At least until your agressive neighbors come and enslave your Godless, weaponless nation. :lol:

EDIT: Heh, or did I interpret that the wrong way? Rofl.

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/977757/391/Bomb-squad-called-after-firework-lodges-in-mans-chest
ANOKA COUNTY, Minn. - A Linwood Township man is in critical condition after an unexploded firework back fired and tore open his chest.

The man was taken to Regions Hospital where St. Paul's bomb squad was called after it was discovered the live round was still in his chest cavity.
"He put two devices in a tube and then held it up above his chest, which the tube was pointed directly at his chest," said Sommer.

The mortar tube backfired and one of the fireworks blasted into his chest.
He would've made a GREAT Darwin Awards recipient. :mischief:

There are some weird stories here... the one that made me think of this thread a few days ago was the following, which I'm kind of surprised hasn't been mentioned, at least that I've seen:

Horrific Cannibal Attack in Miami

Warning, it really is horrific, and certainly qualifies as one of the most weird, and disturbing, stories I've read in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom