AG3 - Ultra Big Map (Portugal - demigod)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(3) settler abandons Brada. I want to settle closeby for several reasons:
1) marching around will not benefit us, only draw an attack
2) a harbour town on the other side of our cont can be handy to heal ships
3) we have 1 spot out of 512 secure now if we found, but not if the settler is walking around - we cna abandon later
4) maybe we can pull in a lux

btw, why march the settler from Gui INWARDS???? He should have gone AWAY from the core, new settlers from the core have a shorter walk to founding then!

(4) move

(5) moves

(6) oracle finished in Cuczo. the Brada settler finds only marshes and jungle - will send him back south.

(7) Faro founded. Maths gets us MapMaking and 70 GOld from the Vikings, full research on Republic takes it to 46, and if we have to run 30% lux for Lis then we can't even do that! Set res to 0 and hire scientist in Coimbra (who bears the whipping burden for Brada anyways).

(8) Rio founded.

(9) moves
(10) Temple in Oporto. Set to Great Library for now. Madrid build the Pyramids.

remember to up lux next turn for Lisbon.

I set Lagos on Galley so we can explore a bit more - we seem to be on a quite large continent, I like the idea of a city on the toehr shore even more now.

Just a question from someone playing a parallel game, why are you guys abandoning cities?

I know about the 512 limit, but why wouldn't you keep a city in a bad spot from a hut pop and use it to build workers (no improvements) and once the city limit has been reached, abandon it for a city spot you do want.

what needs to be doone quickly:

hook up the wines, mine the iron to get production in Oporto up

and tentative dotmap. Note that I am spacing the cities for no overlap, max tiles of high quality used (i.e. I do NOT want plains, I WANT BG and bonusses)

settler fromm Brada is on goto to city site, so is the settler near Sagres. Third one is NOT on goto.

denyd: I would do what you suggest with Gui, but the town I popped would have starved and been in a bad spot - so I though rushing a settler and moving it would be better. what wouldwe do with workers in that palce anyways? Now the town will have a function!

At first (and second) glance I have no comments on that dotmap CarlosMM :)

EDIT: I see NO Horse on the entire planet yet :eek:

We are going to pop those huts on the southside of our continent with one of the scouts, aren't we. The curragh did good work there ;)

EDIT2: That desert MUST have precious resources, like oil or saltpeter. But colonnies may just be the best way to get them. Maybe an AI is nice enough to settle there and point us where the resources are :groucho:

EDIT3: Let's continue exploring! That galley is a good choice. Would also be good to have a few workers more.

aggie: yes, that is why the scouts run south - grab them huts along the coast. :D

on the desert: let the Ais try to settle there :lol: before they get there we will hit the limit ;)

microbe: I can't see a prod-strong coastal spot anywhere but the capital, sadly, and even that is not good.

you all have no idea just HOW lucky we are!

I am atm playing a similar game, this one as the Inca, and entering the middle ages I am barely equal in tech to the leaders (on other conts and one on mine) and WAY smaller! I keep finding towns in huts!!!!!!!

Pre-turn:

It's 1450BC - hmm, a little weird..we know 7 civs and the most advanced is Inca, and we have CoL and Lit on them. The most behind is Roma, and we have 7 techs on them. No trading necessary.

Where is the other continent? Is Korea on the other continent? If so, it's too close, and we probably don't need great lighthouse anyway, but we need to send a galley to that continent and explore more.

We have 10 cities but only 5 workers. Faro might be a good worker factory as it has 2 floodplains. Need to irrigate first..

Press enter..

IBT: silk connected to Emeria. Emeria worker -> temple. Faro warrior -> granary.

(1) 1425BC: buy a worker from Roma plus its 10g with CB+HBR (what's the rule to buy workers?) - they are still 6 techs behind. I send this worker to connect the wine. Lux raised to 30%.

IBT: Lisbon settler -> settler, Rio Janeiro warrior -> worker

(2) 1400BC: the settler from Brada founds a city. Two more huts on sight.. lux drop to 10% again.

(3) 1375BC: one hut gives map, the other gives -- map too, but reveals another hut.

Although we have 6 techs on Korea, they have 15 cities while we have 11 and the highest civ-wide culture (about 3 times of us).

IBT: Lagos galley -> galley. Holy cow Russia builds the Great Library! We ought to find them.

(4) 1350BC: I send the galley to the south (Aztec territory). The second galley will go north later. I switch Oporto from GL to MoM (the only wonder possible except Palace). Hope it will be Sun Tzu's. Luanda is founded, starts on warrior. Pop a huts, get 50g. Another huts, 50g again. :mad:

Iro has horses. Inca only lacks Lit now.

Lux raised to 20%.

(5) 1325BC: hut gives another 50g!

(6) 1300BC: I set up embassy with iro. Salamanca is size 3, no lux, 2 spearmen as garrison, is building a spearman with 6 shields per turn. Grow in 4 turns at 3 food surplus. He knows Inca, Maya and Rome.

IBT: Lisbon settler -> settler. Rio worker -> temple. Persia builds Great Lighthouse. :eek: Looks like we haven't met the most advanced civs yet..Vikings cascade to SoZ.

(7) 1275BC: lux drop to 10%. Hut gives a friendly warrior.

(8) 1250BC: my huts luck finally comes - we get Polytheism. Whip temple at Sagre.

(9) 1225BC: I start rax in Sagre - we don't have a military city yet. Wines online, lux finally drops to zero. Hut gives us Currency!

IBT: Evora builds worker -> library (vetoable). Inca builds MoM. Maya builds ToA???

(10) 1200BC: I switch Oporto to marketplace, still due in 15 turns.

To the next leader:

We still have 4 huts in the south, hopefully we'll get Construction and Replublic. The galley should be moved across the sea to the Aztec land and keep going south. The second galley will be finished in 2 turns and that should go north and then east. We may need another galley to go north and then west.

Leiria could use pop rush in a few turns, but you may want to change it to harbor.

There is a worker pair working on connecting Emeria to the rest of our cities. That would bring the silks online.

We have 3 settlers. Below are the directions where I intend to send them. The third settler is in Sagres which should probably be sent to the site north to Emeria in CarlosMM's dotmap.

AG3 1200BC

EDIT: Faro is building a granary as I intend to let it pop up workers for a long time. Please finish that (and watch for possible pop rush), and irrigate those plains.

Loos like a nice set of turns :)

We are still called advanced by Sid himself! A peek at the demographics, so we can judge our strength.

Aggie
Melifluous
Rubberjello
CarlosMM
Microbe ----- Just Played
Greebly ------ Up
Mad-Bax ----- On deck

Very nice set of turns Microbe.

Who could have believed this tech rate? We are two techs from MA on a DemiGod game!

But I have to comment on a few things.

Holy cow Russia builds the Great Library! We ought to find them
No, no no. Do you want them to get an easy ride to the MA?
How long ago (in hut popping terms) was literature?

Iro has horses
Oh joy, the only horses we know of are owned by a civ with an early horse UU on our continent.

Is Korea on the other continent?
This implies that you think we will only be on a limited number of continents. I expect at least 10, maybe 15 different landmasses with civs on.

Population- 520000 - 14th
Land Area - 16800 square miles - 26th

Our cities are too big :p

Melifluous

Originally posted by Melifluous
No, no no. Do you want them to get an easy ride to the MA?
How long ago (in hut popping terms) was literature?

Ah..I just thought we ought to find more advanced civs so trading could be possible. Didn't think of that.

Russia is expantionist, so they must have popped a lot of huts too. Or maybe a sci leader?

This implies that you think we will only be on a limited number of continents. I expect at least 10, maybe 15 different landmasses with civs on.

Hmm, I have little experience with continents (the only couple of ones I played had just 2). But I think you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom