Alex Jones Epic Media Rant

Jones is literally an attention seeking liar, a fraud, a charlatan who constantly makes false predictions and claims, who profits off vulnerable and easily mis-lead people, a snake oil salesman, the non-religious version of david koresh, sort of like stefan molyneux but slightly less cultish.

He is the nearly-naked man, who stinks of urine, wearing a sandwhich board screaming about the end of the world that will be occuring on tuesday, except when it reaches tuesday he changes the date again, a complete loser and a joke of a human being. So sad, so pathetic.

Is it just me, or does Alex Jones talk precisely like General Buck Turgidson from Dr. Strangelove?

Jones is literally an attention seeking liar, a fraud, a charlatan who constantly makes false predictions and claims, who profits off vulnerable and easily mis-lead person, a snake oil salesman, the non-religious version of david koresh, sort of like stefan molyneux but slightly less cultish.

He is the nearly-naked man, who stinks of urine, wearing a sandwhich board screaming about the end of the world that will be occuring on tuesday, except when it reaches tuesday he changes the date again, a complete loser and a joke of a human being. So sad, so pathetic.
So which is he, a huckster or a crazy person? I think he's a socially functional person with crazy but sincere beliefs, who managed to break into the burgeoning crazy market at just the right time, when a large portion of the American right truly became unhinged from reality. He sells BS products as well to support the show and turn a profit for himself, so he is a huckster in that sense, but he mostly does what he does in order to promote his crazy ideas.

Is it just me, or does Alex Jones talk precisely like General Buck Turgidson from Dr. Strangelove?

Is that the guy obsessed with how fluorinated water is a Communist plot? That's definitely one of Alex Jones's crazy beliefs, although now the Communists have turned into the globalists.

I believe the fluorinated water thing started with the John Birch Society, and it's survived more or less unchanged since they came up with it in the 50s.

He's both. A congenital liar, but he's so far into the wormhole that he buys into his own lies and genuinely believes them. He's still a con-man because despite genuinely believing in most of his ill-thought out, factually incorrect, offensive views, he is dragging others into his delusions and making them pay, be it monetarily or otherwise.

Sincerity of belief is no defence.

He's both. A congenital liar, but he's so far into the wormhole that he buys into his own lies and genuinely believes them. He's still a con-man because despite genuinely believing in most of his ill-thought out, factually incorrect, offensive views, he is dragging others into his delusions and making them pay, be it monetarily or otherwise.

Sincerity of belief is no defence.

That may be, yet you sort of didn't own up to your own fake "information" against him, when Boots presented how what you typed has no basis in reality ;)

I can't believe people take this dude seriously

Inventing reasons to dislike someone, or believing as facts mere hearsay, is what you did there, so you shouldn't accuse Alexiad Jones for doing similar in the same sentence :)
brought down by:

I actually watched that hologram thing. It was pretty lame. First of all, Alex Jones is apparently on vacation, so he had a stand-in doing his show. They took calls, and a caller claimed that Clinton was going to show up as a hologram, along with a bunch of other random disjointed nonsense. The stand-in laughed at the hologram idea, joking that Trump would say at the debate that she was the most transparent she had ever been. :lol:

But yeah, usually when Alex Jones says something crazy, it's because he is crazy and believes the crazy thing. He does have a few limits though: no reptilians or other aliens, and I'm pretty sure he would dismiss the hologram too, at least on the grounds that Trump would call BS on Holographic Hillary.

Is that the guy obsessed with how fluorinated water is a Communist plot? That's definitely one of Alex Jones's crazy beliefs, although now the Communists have turned into the globalists.

I believe the fluorinated water thing started with the John Birch Society, and it's survived more or less unchanged since they came up with it in the 50s.

That's actually the American general in the war room. You're thinking of General Ripper.

I wish George C. Scott was still around to star in an Alex Jones biopic.

Again, I am not willing to Jones the benefit of the doubt. If you wish to defend him, so be it, but you are willingly defending a mad man.

^The point is that you used misinformation you actually believed as true and didn't bother checking, out of willingness to attack Al. Which is ironic, given you argue he is responsible for what you did. I am not here to defend or attack anyone :jesus:

Oh, don't get me wrong - there are conspiracies that happen among groups of global elites.
Best current example is the movement to force nations to be Laissez-faire states using international treaties.
For instance treaties like TTIP, installing a supranational special law for big business protecting its interests. Or in the perhaps less expected instance of the European constitutional court, which has a growing tendency to judge any political influence on the economy as discrimination (because only one country does it) / infringement of free movement of goods and workforces.

That's a huge and fascinating and relevant conspiracy right there. Not even hard to see, even obvious at times.

Yeah, that's an example of a real globalist conspiracy, and it's a very interesting and relevant one. Most so-called "free trade agreements" are made in private by groups of well-connected capitalists and politicians conspiring to produce agreements that maximize profits for the capitalists, often at the expense of labor, the environment, national sovereignty, tax collection, and so on.

It's just that, for some reason, talking about the actual conspiracies that are going on doesn't seem to attract the level of attention that talking about made-up ones does. I don't know why this is.

I really liked what media personality Alex Jones said on the media about how the media was full of bias and agenda.

Most so-called "free trade agreements" are made in private by groups of well-connected capitalists and politicians conspiring to produce agreements that maximize profits for the capitalists, often at the expense of labor, the environment, national sove is.

I have personally benefitted from a couple FTA's in major fashion, although I'm not at liberty to say exactly what (too non-anonymous). And I sure would have benefitted a lot more if the Euro was universal across Europe. So I happen to be a fan.

If anything, I am more apt to believe in a conspiracy doing the exact opposite: keeping the currencies separate. The banks make a nice spread every time you convert Euros to Kroner.

I have personally benefitted from a couple FTA's in major fashion, although I'm not at liberty to say exactly what (too non-anonymous). And I sure would have benefitted a lot more if the Euro was universal across Europe. So I happen to be a fan.

If anything, I am more apt to believe in a conspiracy doing the exact opposite: keeping the currencies separate. The banks make a nice spread every time you convert Euros to Kroner.

The major conspiracy isnt about making extra few bucks but about controlling the world through control of its resources. That seems to be the highest achievable objective at least from the geopolitical perspective and I am of the opinion that just because its conceivable its bound to be attempted. Of course the course of actions leading to that can be very problematic and even dangerous to large part of the global population and even to the humanity as such and the prospect of some kind of enslavement perhaps even for majority of people seems to be a very possible in that scenario. Such would have been the case if the Nazis have won the war.
The present attempts for the global control seems to be less ideological and more subtle in its operations and works as if behind the veil even thought the cost on human life and the overall destruction can be close to that of regular world war.

I actually agree with the second part of your post, but find the notion of TTIP objectionable. What are your thoughts?

My main gripes are the following: Pesticides in the USA have to be proven, in court, not by research, to be harmful before they are prohibited. In Europe it is the other way around: Until proven completely that a pesticide is entirely harmless, it will not be legalized.

Seeing as to how parts of the American ecosystem had to suffer so hard from this, especially bees, which I am particularly fond of (and believe they are a substantial part for any ecosystem, really!) I cannot see how any European could accept this as an "improvement".

Then, regulations for meat products. Via the EU very strict regulations regarding the use of various medicines for the treatment of meat and animals have been made into law. However, as soon as the market is flooded by (much cheaper) American products, especially poultry and beef, that do not adhere to these regulations, not only will our own markets be significantly damaged, but we will also have to deal with having literal antibiotics in the meat we consume every day.

Don't even get me started on the idea of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, that stuff just scares the living hell out of me.

Not only that, it is actually intended to bring European food standards down to an American level. Why that is problematic I hopefully don't have to explain anymore.

The same goes for environmental restrictions. Potentially harmful substances could flood the market, just because they are cheaper to produce.

However the most insane part of the agreement are probably ISDS (Investor-State Dispute Settlements). These allow companies to sue the state (!) if certain policies cause them to loose money. This is an open attack on democracy, there is no other way to interpret it.

There already have been cases like these, for example when Vattenfall sued the German government because they wanted to get rid of certain nuclear plants after the Fukushima incident.

Big companies are directly influencing policy-making and restricting the ability of the state to govern itself. To me, this is as close to a dystopian future as we've been in the last decades.

So, even if you have some personal gains, I would really appreciate it if you don't screw us all over for a few bucks a year :lol:

No offense, I hope I do not come across as hostile! :goodjob: Cheers!

You don't have to be liberal to think this isn't the work of a sound mind:

I try to give credit when its due and while not intellectually challenging Jones presents different kind of inspiration. He seems to be sincere man pressured by his knowledge of something which in part at least is likely to be true and he does stand up to it and throw himself fearless into exposing that. Sure he may be confused but not unbalanced...

It's just that, for some reason, talking about the actual conspiracies that are going on doesn't seem to attract the level of attention that talking about made-up ones does. I don't know why this is.
My best guess is that it is not actually about politics but cheap bombastic entertainment. And the things is: to turn political issues into cheap bombastic entertainment is the easiest when it is made up. Mainstream media or arguments of bothersome complexity and nuance can't disturb your fun if your fun happens in a bubble of crazy neither of the two dares to enter (well, Fox News may, but by being very accommodating).

Moreover, at least in this particular case, it probably does not help that most news outlets are owned by big business.
Sure, free-trade-agreements can be beneficial to a huge number of individuals involved in international business. That is not what is at dispute. The issue is all the baggage / the extreme wide interpretation of what "free trade" constitutes.

Mostly, it is not actually about free trade (like, removing tariffs), but standardization of all things legal which somehow influence money-making. And if such standardization is under such influence by big bluishness that they get their own freaking parallel legal system whose sole purpose is to castrate political power, then that is somewhat of a problem.
A thing to keep in mind in this context is that the by far easiest universal standardization is to get rid of standards (which makes it not so much about free trade but free markets). And incidentally, that is a philosophy the European Constitutional Court also has a growing affection for.

Top Bottom