All leader portraits

Has anyone thought that all of these leaders are going to be in the base game and not are there 18 civs to release immediately but 3 of them have two leaders?

3? All I see is two Spains and that's all we've cracked so far.

As much as I want Phillip II in the game, no one has found a perfect match yet, have they? There are several other leaders it could be, likely a Netherlands leader in my opinion. And why would Spain be the only Civ to get 2 leaders anyway? I realise that the leader picture board has so far been correct (For USA, Eng, Egypt, Rome, China, Japan, Germany, Aztecs, we know that the leaders on the board are confirmed), but if that is indeed Phillip II, I think that shows the board was made during a decision process, and I do not believe that the board is final.

Do we know the date of that recording, if it was several months ago it is possible that they may not have completely finished all leader choices.

It seems doubtful that they will make two leaders for Spain and we have not yet found a match for E1.

Most likely is that they will make 23 leaders and civ:
18 for base game
1 (Aztec) as pre order bonus and later released to everyone
4 civs, one for each expansion (Delux edition include 4 expansions)

If you add in Civit you get 23 leaders/civs.

Do we know the date of that recording, if it was several months ago it is possible that they may not have completely finished all leader choices.

It seems doubtful that they will make two leaders for Spain and we have not yet found a match for E1.

Most likely is that they will make 23 leaders and civ:
18 for base game
1 (Aztec) as pre order bonus and later released to everyone
4 civs, one for each expansion (Delux edition include 4 expansions)

If you add in Civit you get 23 leaders/civs.

Wait? Did it say Aztecs were preorder bonus in the video? If so, I managed to miss that. Well, that would suck:mad:.

Wait? Did it say Aztecs were preorder bonus in the video? If so, I managed to miss that. Well, that would suck:mad:.

Yes, Aztecs are a pre-order bonus--for 90 days.

this link http://imgur.com/a/fwt4f add more color

Not say 100% it is

B5 and C5 seem to every hard to find so unlike the others we can only find something like it and not similar.

Still not enough color. And C5 appears to have a moustache and helmet, and nothing here can explain that.

Regarding E1, I feel it is to generic for us to conclude it is certainly Phillip; the picture in this article of Alvaro de Bazan is an equally good fit for example: http://www.abc.es/historia-militar/20140611/abci-batalla-isla-terceira-mundo-201405291615.html

I was managing to confuse B5 and C5! Anyway, no I realise which picture is being talked about, I am even less convinced; that, to me, looks not remotely similar. But, I suppose I could be completely off.

Oh, I like to add that I don't feel that way about Julius Caesar; the Roman Empire may have expanded beyond his reign for centuries more, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best leader choice for Rome; he is the most iconic Roman leader, one of its greatest military geniuses, and he held unprecedented power over the Romans:king:; what the Roman Empire achieved since would not have been possible were it not for him.

While Caesar did defeat the Gauls and the Roman Senate itself Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus the Elder was the only general in history who managed to defeat Hannibal and held an unprecedented influence over the Roman Republic even almost more than to extent of Caesar and was also primarily responsible for the beginning of Roman dominance of the Mediterranean.

While Caesar was a great general he certainly wasn't Rome's premier military genius.

Top Bottom