All random emporer games

Started the second game . I randomed Gandhi and this is the start .Looking at start first dilemna is settle in place or move 1N to grab the fish . Moving 1N results in losing fresh water but however we get fish . The fish appears well suited for a second city to capture , also there might be some resource 2S and 2S1E of settler .

Decide to Settle on plains hill though, that early +1:hammers: in city while working another plains hill forest should give workboats fast and help in early production .

Hooray Corn in the BFC .That city is a very good GP farm with 4 food resources . Corn also allows us to produce our UU early and then workboats intead of other way round.

Start on Agriculture>>fishing and Fast worker>>warrior>>workboat

Here's the 4000 BC save.

Attachments

• game 2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    35.1 KB · Views: 39
Aww hell my computer hung up before I posted this reply:( . Have to type again

We meet Saladin and notice he has no relegion yet .

This is what I meant by Settling on plains hill+working plains forest. I'll work the corn after tile is farmed . 1 work boat should be enough . 2 food resources+ 3 mines are enough to work at early game city cap of size 5.

Meet Shaka :eek: rather late . So he is not near us and is most probably next to Saladin . Hopefully Saladin gets declared on .

This is our rest of land. Heavy amount of dyes and 2 gems lots of good commerce early . Early Iron working would be nice to hook up the gems .

And we have stone :king: . Stone+Gandhi = Heavy SE empire . Should I go sailing and wheel to hook up my next cities ?. Decide on wheel due to our fast worker's speed in hooking up jungle terrirory , if another civilization I would get both techs . All hail the fast worker :worship: .

The map generator seems to be compensating for something this game:mischief:

Since we have copper no need of a diversion to archery and Horse would actually be a bad resource on this map. If Shaka declares there is nothing they can do against his impis. Better Archers than Chariots here.

Found Bombay on clams+copper . As we have stone it can get an early Maio statues there .It has an amazing 16 squares of coastal tiles and with the copper mine + grass land forest Maoi should be fast .

This is the dotmap. I made spot 3 wrong it should be 1W of what I marked .

Am settling 3 next to get Stone online quick . A fast worker is going to prechop a forest there to get a quick obselik. Meanwhile capital will produce another Settler and claim spot 5 for the Ivory and to block AI . We are researching IW now . After IW spot 4 would be settled . It will give a pretty good boast to commerce with the 2 gems and will share corn with capital .

There is a small island next to our capital and it has marble as I had no contact it is isolated and after getting sailing from trade I would Settle there for getting marble online .

Plan would be to get Pyramids up in capital no SH/GW as we don't want Priest/Spy .The enginner is going to rush Shadogan Paya something, which gives us all relegious civics . Later GLib would be built in capital . With Pyramids +ShadoganPaya we get access to many civics helping us exploit Spiritual to its best. Bombay and stone city would keep on producing axes to keep Shaka at bay .

Our capital

Bombay

Played 52 turns . Will play around 50 turns tomorrow . Here's the save

Game 1 update , am slogging it out slowly taking over AI islands but sea invasion was heavy micro nightmare looking to finish it in the weekend with conquest / domination .

Attachments

• druid BC-1920.CivBeyondSwordSave
    87.6 KB · Views: 52
I know getting stone faster is great, but really settling 3 1W is the better move because it gets you the fish and a lighthouse. After the stone, really that city wouldn't be very good. However, if you move 1W it becomes a very functional city at the cost of delaying the stone hook-up. If it's only for Maoi I would delay. If you have designs on other wonders then I guess it is a cost-benefit thing.

@futurehermit; he just marked at the wrong spot, said he was moving 1 W below.

druidravi said:
This is the dotmap. I made spot 3 wrong it should be 1W of what I marked .

Update: Didn't have much time to play this week, also comp broke down.

We meet Cathy :eek: quite late.

Cathy is next to us and we don't meet her till now :crazyeye: .

Holy . .. .. .. . this is a pangea map . Quite late contacts . Pangea is actually more advantageous to the human player provided he isn't completely surrounded and doesn't have space to expand . We have quite scary leaders here . Julius , Shaka , Cathy , Huyana Capac are notorious warmongers . Saladin is a religious Jihadi. Only Fredrick is a normal AI and in this land of warmongers (including the human player me :mischief: ) he's going to be eaten for sure . With this many warmongers good thing I decided to go to SE .

Here's our land. Cathy is an aggressive settler and might steal some of our prime spots.

As predicted Cathy settles 3 cities in my territory messing up my future city sites . Only 1 city is in a good spot .

Meanwhile rushed Paya with Pyramids engineer and switched to free religion as the dominant religion of our land Hinduism doesn't spread in any of our cities. I whipped the great lighthouse quite late in my capital , for some reason none of the AI built it .

How to make a city with 2 gems better add another gem :lol: . We get a gem popped from a mine :yumyum: in Varanasi.

Menawhile on warfront we already raze 1 cathy city which was placed where the spearman is standing in the screenshot . Yunechi on screenshot is a baba city which I took . I razed the next Cathy city as well and thankfully no partisans event .

I start Mausoleum wonder in Vijaiyanagara though late there is a good chance to get it as we have marble and there are too many warmongers .Parathenon is not complete yet and as we get a second GE beating odds I use him to rush parathenon in a new city to help fight Cathy borders and also not to pollute capital's Gp points .

I get a GG whom I decide to make into a medic 3 chariot . There's no clear HE city as of yet I am thinking of delaying it till i capture a good city . Maybe Cathy's capital :mischief: .

Cathy leaves some cats and chariots exposed :crazyeye: .

There's not much use in continuing war as Cathy is finishing her research of feudalism and has a big stack in a city and my main objective of clearing her cities from my land is finished.

Am waiting for her to suicide that large stack on mine giving exp/GG points before suing for peace .

Capital I built an academy from a scientist I popped.

Mausoleum completed and our tech position

I have a GS standing by to bulb Education . Waiting for some Ai to find Taoism first and possibly trade for it. Not exchanging CS till there are some other good techs worth it . CS also speeds up Ai research considerably .

Most of the Glhouse Trade routes were cutoff by the war as can be seen from the demographics screen .

Here's the save

Attachments

• druid AD-0640.CivBeyondSwordSave
    202.2 KB · Views: 53
Looks good so far. Once you're able to draft, things should proceed quite smoothly. The war-club should be largely tech-backwards at some point.

First to liberalism rather late at 910 Ad . Took Nationalism and built Taj for 12 turns of :commerce: age due to Mausoleum and burned a GS for another 12 turns of :commerce: age. Rifle rushed Cathy and eliminated her . Saladin built Aphotic palace and as I did have several Judaism cities adopted Judaism and built temples/monastries everywhere for the hammer bonus .

Maoi Statues City during golden age .

The spoils of war Buddhist shrine with 22:gold: and 2 joined GG and 1 GP . This city will be my Ironworks city . Thanks Cathy :lol: .

Ceaser vassalized Fedrick and Huyana Capac became a volountry vassal of Ceaser . Almost untouchable power block all hindu . My immediate neibhour is Saladin who has the Statue of Zeus and Aphotic Palace. SOZ needs to be captured during first 5 turns of war . Saladin has grenadiers as well but is still researching printing press . It is going to be a painful fight .

Shaka is Hindu as well and is afraid of Julius_Capac_fredrick power block .

Mecca has The Statue of Zeus and Medina has Aphotic palace. Medina is a good wallstreet city with Judaim shrine/ corporations .

I have 346 votes out of 572 total votes for Aphotic palace . Diplomatic victory would require 429 votes . Saladin is my rival and has 160 votes. If I take out Saladin I would easily get a diplo victory . Only person not a member is Hyuna Capac to whom I would need to send a single missionary sometime . He is in OR not theocracy .

Tech path needs a bit of thinking . Saladin has grenadiers which will counter rifles when attacking. Military tradition will give cavalry which can help against Grenadiers. However Julius already has democracy and might have started building SOL . I have 3 GE , 2 GS , 1Gm sitting around . 1GM / GE pair of Sushi+Mining inc . 1 Engineer for SOL and another for Hoover Dam . If I go to Military Tradition he might finish SOL before I can research Democracy.
Another choice is to go Constitution>Corporation >Assembly line and get infantry on board and use the GM cash mission to mass upgrade rifles to infantry .

Here's the save . Will finish the rest of game in 1 sitting either tomorrow or day after .

Attachments

• druid AD-1510.CivBeyondSwordSave
    284.2 KB · Views: 39
Looks good so far. Once you're able to draft, things should proceed quite smoothly. The war-club should be largely tech-backwards at some point.

The war club all picked on Fredrick for some reason and had almost no other wars. I should have bribed them to stop war and war each other . I am too stingy with techs :blush: . Now it is a mighty power block of Julius + Huyana + Fredrick which no one wants to declare on .

That's ok, might give me enthusiasm to complete the game ;) . I took over Ramesses completely and am about to take out Musa in that game . War on archipalogea is too micro heavy and time taking .

update : Took out Saladin > he capitulated to Shaka . Bribed 2 world wars between Shaka-Saladin and Julius-Capac group . Meanwhile burned 5 GP's for 24 turns of golden age . Found Sushi, Mining taking out Rome with infantry>rifleman . The game is way too easy .

Am going to start new game on immortal level.

Top Bottom