America: The New Times

VGL

Deity
America: The New Times

This is an American IAAR. My setting are Regent, Marathon. Now you are free to create characters, role play, write stories, create movements and even influence elections, parties and candidates by pressuring them to have minor changes in their stances or by trying to run a candidate for election so long as it isn't unrealistic. Now here is how elections work:

1: Congress.

We will have congressional elections every 4 year until 1845, the same year as the presidency. I'll use a closed list party list proportional with the calculation being the sainte lague method. It';s easy: vote for the party you like. You can always split your votes too. We have 2 chambers and here are how the elections for them work:

House: Easy. There is a house and there is a election every 4 year (the same as presidential election) until 1845 which then will become every 2 year (midterm) and every seat will be up for election

Senate: Every 4 year till 1845 and 2 year afterwards, 1/3 of the senators have their seats contested. As other seats aren't up for election, it would massively differ if a party received a majority in the house but cannot receive a majority in the Senate because not enough seats were even contested to even win.

2: Presidency.

We will have a presidential election every 4 year. We will use the Alternative voting system. You just rank your candidates from the one you most like to the one you least like to be the president like the following (NOTE: This is an example.):

Lets use one of RTs election as an example (Since I'm too lazy to :p)

Now this is how one can vote:

1. Eugene V. Debs
2. Theodore Roosevelt
3. John Sharp William
4. William Randolph Hearst
5. Richard Olney
6. George Dewey

Note that I didn't list all the candidates because I thought that the last two candidates were equally bad. You don't have to list all candidates. Also when only 2 candidates are running, I won't use this system (obviously)

3: Diffrences than IRL.

1. France is literally Florida. It has only 3-4 rifleman in Florida.
2. Spain is the New France :p. They have conquered all of Italy France except Paris and they vassalized Portugal. I think I will try to make them the new France.
3. Islam is a lot stronger than IRL with many cities having Islam.

Anyway that's it. Expect an update tomorrow

Subbed

I'll be watching

Top Bottom