American Atheists Lose Fight to Keep 9/11 Cross from Museum

Formaldehyde said:
Not when you consider we are dealing with two different sports with a common name in much of the world.

No wonder you are apparently so confused.

Heh, in reading this it looked like Form was telling himself he is confused by his own comment. Classic. :goodjob:

"Heh". Leave it to you to score on your own goal yet again. :goodjob:

The Second Circuit rejected American Atheists appeal on this matter.

If I read the first post correctly, the cross is (a) meant to commemorate someone who died on 9/11, and (b) is being displayed in the museum as part of an exhibit, not somehow representing the museum itself. If both of things are true (and speaking as an atheist American), I think the suit by American Atheists was kind of dumb.

This is a Christian nation, not an atheist nation. If a bunch of atheist Nazi Muslims want to destroy Jesus and force us to get gay married, you better believe I'm going to stand up for my 2nd Amendment rights. "God bless America" is in the Bible for a REASON, people!!!!

This is a Christian nation, not an atheist nation. If a bunch of atheist Nazi Muslims want to destroy Jesus and force us to get gay married, you better believe I'm going to stand up for my 2nd Amendment rights. "God bless America" is in the Bible for a REASON, people!!!!
Mmm, Home-distilled, concentrated craziness. Tasty. :crazyeye:

Tongue in cheek?

Usually any excuse to caricature a different demographic, and tons more classy than the fellas casting out lines about welfare stamps, watermelons, and grape soda.

you should really leave the satire to JR, at least he's funny sometimes

Eh, it wasn't bad. Better than some, worse than some. Don't let 'em get you down, Crezth.

*returns to his spider hole to hug his Bible and gun cuz Obama is in KC today to take them away*

One mans cross in a museum is another mans gay marriage.
Yeah it was a dumb move, almost all atheist had no problem with the cross

I'm just baffled why they would even sue for something as little as this? Sure, I'm a Christian, and obviously see no problem with that cross in the museum. There is a fine line between suing a public school to take down a religious mural (which I do support, with the First Amendment and all), but come on. It's an object that so many people have taken a hold to for one reason or another. I think it's insane that they're willing to let a whole bunch of people get pissed off at them for this. But then again, we have street preachers (no offense to them, or the atheists for that matter) after all :p

Whats the difference between a cow and 9/11?
Americans cant milk a cow for 12 years.

I'm just baffled why they would even sue for something as little as this? Sure, I'm a Christian, and obviously see no problem with that cross in the museum. There is a fine line between suing a public school to take down a religious mural (which I do support, with the First Amendment and all), but come on. It's an object that so many people have taken a hold to for one reason or another. I think it's insane that they're willing to let a whole bunch of people get pissed off at them for this. But then again, we have street preachers (no offense to them, or the atheists for that matter) after all :p
The bolded part is unclear: Do you mean that you support religious murals in public schools, or the lawsuit to take it down?

Religious icons and such don't belong in public buildings, if it's an artifact in a museum, that's different.

Top Bottom