American Civil War

We were hit by the hurricane and lost power. Not sure when it is coming back but doubt it'll be tonight.

Reports of Union unrest lowering Union morale. Skirmishes outside Louisville and Winchester, we each lost a unit.

Attachments

• 1861septRebel.zip
    71.8 KB · Views: 57
Sorry for the delay... Very long days here during the move!

Anyway, a Union infantry destroyed near Louisville.

Attachments

• 1861octRebel.zip
    72.2 KB · Views: 37
We back away from Louisville

Attachments

• 1861novRebel.zip
    72.4 KB · Views: 57
riot.jpg

Order restored in our cities. The draft riots are suppressed. On with the war!

Attachments

• 1861decU.rar
    55.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Is that something possible to change after starting? I thought that was a field that saves as scenario?

I guess play a turn or two and see.

A fierce battle on the banks of the Ohio River has taken place near Evansville. What started as another hit and run ambush grew in to the largest battle in the war so far. The defending Confederate force was much larger than expected, and I had to bring in reinforcements by rail and riverboat. The rebel army was eventually destroyed, losing about 10 units of militia and regulars and two generals. Union losses were 6 infantry units.

steamboats.jpg

Attachments

• 1862janU.rar
    56.6 KB · Views: 38
I hope not. Other fields like road movement can be changed mid game. Does anyone have any wisdom to impart on this?

I seem to remember the MGE scenario editor tools discouraging using the tech paradigm in the rules, in favour of the one in the scenario parameters. I don't remember why.

If you want to use the cheat menu, the Lua console would let you change the scenario tech paradigm with this line
Code:
    civ.scen.params.techParadigm = 15

Alternatively, extract this events.lua file into your scenario folder, load the game using lua events, and then save the game. (Then, remove the file.) It will change the tech paradigm. I don't think this will cause problems for the events, but I can't absolutely promise that.

Attachments

• techparadigmchange.zip
    285 bytes · Views: 52
Des Moines is captured. I changed my rules file to 15 - but don't see any difference (I'm at 10 turns per tech either way).

If you enter cheat mode and press ctrl + shift + f3 to bring up the console and type in what Garfield wrote:

civ.scen.params.techParadigm = 15

That should solve the issue quickly. I'd prefer to try this as it seems the less invasive/less likely to cause issues fix. Just remember to rejoin me after the turn.

Attachments

• 1862febRebel.zip
    74.2 KB · Views: 39
Top Bottom