An update from Firaxis Games regarding Beyond Earth feedback

Now this all sounds like a game I'd like to play.

We should carry on and get a consensus, develop the mod and call it

oh I don't know, maybe 'Civilization: Beyond Earth'? :lol:

Really? Here's a list of things that appear to irritate the AI, sometimes to the point of beyond ever being able to be friends:
you forget refusing a favor request. as soon as you do this they hate you. and since favors are so worthless you deny them every single time! :eek:

So instead of going through this process every 30 turns with a TR, you would do it every (depending on distance) 2-10 turns? You would have to know when it was in your city (manually keeping track of them all would be a knightmare) and all the notifications at the side of screen (if not manual) would drive you insane.

On a different note, would love to find out who is at war with who (has to be somewhere surely?) tired of playing Russian Roulette with Alliances.

Aye.

That's why I said "at will". I meant that you can only halt a trade route when it's at the starting city. Not that it is halted every time it returns home.

Still not a word from them? Why announce the well come with a hot fix and then say nothing? At least fix all the bugged quests!

And now the thread has been un-stickied. Did they decide not to bother?

a change in the colour scheme between either arc and f-i would be nice because it's hard to tell them apart

Just finished an Emancipation victory. The last 100? turns consisted of killing random barbs, sorry aliens, counting hexes to get colonies established, choosing production / research / virtues, and of course mostly managing my trade routes.

After hours of this tedium a little splash announcement informed me I had been successful. What a game. PHWEWWW! I had to lie down to recover...

A suggestion - please could there be a third option at the end:

'Exit to Main Menu', 'Wait, just one more turn...', and 'Get me the !@#$% out of here'.

:blush:

Firaxis doesn't decide if the thread is stickied.

CFC probably unstickied it because it became a bit of a flamefest.

I think you might be a little naive if you think Firaxis doesn't have influence over this thread.

No military AI update? Aw.

ARC KP and friendly alien units all look almost the same

a change in the colour scheme between either arc and f-i would be nice because it's hard to tell them apart

Strange I think it's actually KP and ARC that are hard to tell apart... in the minimap

I think you might be a little naive if you think Firaxis doesn't have influence over this thread.

The thread was stickied because it was of significant interest to the community. It was unstickied because it was of significantly less interest when a couple of weeks old. Firaxis didn't ask for the thread to be stickied, nor did they ask for it to be unstickied.

It was unstickied because it was of significantly less interest when a couple of weeks old

Really? The news of what's going to be in an upcoming patch gets less interesting the closer the patch gets?

Really? The news of what's going to be in an upcoming patch gets less interesting the closer the patch gets?

The news gets less interesting as there is less evidence that the patch will be soon

Update 11/13

We have more information to share with you regarding the patch. Please find notes from the team below:

[GAMEPLAY]
• Revisiting difficulty level scaling. Increasing difficulty when playing on Apollo.
• Implementing balance pass on Health system (penalties, bonuses).
• Adjusting certain Virtues for balance.
• Implementing overall unit balance pass (strength, production and strategic resource cost, affinity level requirements, location on tech web).
• Implementing leader/sponsor trait balance pass (Kozlov, Barre, Rejinaldo, and Elodie), as well as some seeded start option adjustments.
• Implementing Covert Ops updates and exploit fixes.
• Implementing Trade Route balance and adjustments, including simpler UI.
• Implementing gameplay bug fixes as reported in the community (Quests, etc.).
• Implementing general AI improvements.
• Adjusting Affinity reward ramping when earning Affinity from Quests.
• Adjusting Station distribution, and arrival timing.
• Improving AI, including energy management, tactical management, tech and victory approaches, etc.

[ENGINE]
• Correcting screen resolution problems, particularly related to the 144hz refresh rate full-screen (or lack of full-screen) issue.
• Investigating a start-up problem where the game shuts down with an error immediately following the opening movie.
• Investigating crash issues submitted by users, and through Steam crash reporting.
• Adding an in-game option to disable depth of field effect for players that prefer the game without this.

[UI]
• Ongoing updates to in-game text, tool-tips, etc.
• Correcting an issue where actions could be missing from embarked workers (like repairing a pillaged water improvement)
• Adding "Completed" section to city production menu so players know what they just finished.
• Adding advanced touch controls, gesture support, pen support.
• Adding color icons to the tech web (categorized) with an option to disable.
• Better inform players of approaching AI victory, and updated victory/defeat screen with additional information.

[ACHIEVEMENTS]
• Achievements not firing if Max Turns was set in previous games. Also investigating some other possible causes.

[MODDING]
• Fixing 2D leader fall-back image support for all graphics quality settings

[MULTIPLAYER]
• Correcting multiple desyncs and investigating a crash due to content mismatch.
• Ongoing multiplayer improvements.
• Increasing geographic range of server browser distance filter.

Top Bottom