1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Thanks Vokarya, I'll do it in my next update.

2. Sun_TzU154

Sun_TzU154 Chieftain

I'm in the mid-Industrial era on the GEM 26civs. As soon as I end my turn, the game crashes to desktop. please help.
    I've included my save. let me know if you need a log or anything like that.

Attached Files:

3. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

A bug with the AI's choice of defensive units.

It will choose to defend with Light swords, when it has 5:strength: archers available, who could conceivably get city garrison 1 (with Archery range) and a base 50% city defence for unit.

Making a grand total of (70%x5:strength:= 8.5:strength: on city garrison) + fortify bonuses.

It would seem that the AI is now wasting is best offensive units.

Solution - Exclude Offensive units from City garrison choice, make Archery units the 1st choice.

4. evmcmunn

evmcmunn Chieftain

the civiliopedia says that forest preserves upgrade to treefarms with ecology but they only upgrade when you get environmental economics, which you can then also build treefarms with...you can then also have the treefarms upgrade with the city working them to hybrid forests, and then with planetary economics actually build the hybrid forests.

5. damptoast

damptoast Chieftain

I've encountered an issue with the game crashing after loading. I have been having several game crashes, but none that render the game un-continuable until now. It is a possibility that since my save is approaching 4,000 mb that may be the issue.

I have a brand new gaming computer, so the specs and computer itself is not an issue.

Unfortunately, because my save game is 4,000 mb I am also unable to upload it to the forum. :undecide:

6. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Go forward,
    Move a head,
    It's not to late,
    to Zip it, Zip it good,

10 Meg is limit for Zip files, for compressed files.

7. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Anyway size is not a cause of crash. My latest save game is about 4,5MB in modern era but I definitely had bigger saves. And no crash. On an 8 years old PC.

Edit: wait, did you say 4000MB? Is that really 4GB? I don't think a save can get that big!

8. damptoast

damptoast Chieftain

Oh, I apologize, I meant 4,000 kb not mb!! That would be a massive save file!

And here I have it attached.

Also, unrelated (I believe) to my crash, I experience an occasional bug that makes the Yumi Samurai (Japanese Longbowmen) have large red circles instead of arrows when in combat.

Attached Files:

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

We're aware of the samurai problem and it will probably be solved in one of the next revisions.
    I'll check your save when I have time. Also, if you're using a unit per tile limit under BUG options, try lifting it up. And try a recalc with ctrl shift T and see if it helps you passing that turn.

10. damptoast

damptoast Chieftain

Hm, well this is odd. I just tried once more to open the game directly from the save file, and it's suddenly working. I tried a re-installation of the game earlier, but it hadn't done anything new. Then, when re-opening the game, it showed a "Would you like a tutorial?" screen, and it suddenly is working fine.

Anyways, thank you all for trying to help! I'll post again if I run into more issues.

Edit: I am still experiencing an occasional crash, every 10 or so turns, but nothing game breaking so far.

Edit 2: After several crashes and reloads, it no longer seems to have any issue. Strange.

11. Noyyau

Noyyau Privateer Captain

Sometimes I get ships that have some cargo space unavailable, even though it has no units loaded.

I noticed it happening when deleting units that are still considered "loaded". I guess the "delete unit" function does not check if a unit is in a transport, and therefore does not update the cargo capacity of said transport?

This could also possibly affect units that are traded via diplomacy (e.g. workers or siege units) that are also loaded at the moment of the trade, though I'm not completely sure.

Possible solutions:
    -add a check to the "delete unit" function: if the unit to be deleted is in a transport, and if so, correctly update the cargo capacity of that transport after the unit is deleted

As a side note, when running Slavery and performing amphibious attacks, if there is empty space in the attacking unit's ship, slaves (workers) may still be captured, and the worker will spawn in the ship.

Attached Files:

12. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

I wonder if it has something to do with cargo promotion. Did you see it happening on unpromoted ships too?

13. fatgordy

fatgordy Chicken in Pants

Any ideas as to why I can no longer create Golden Ages with my Great People? I'm not currently in one and I have enough people but the icon is greyed out and it is saying that I still need 1 more, even though I have five and only need 4.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

14. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

IIRC it's because you need Great People of different kind.

15. fatgordy

fatgordy Chicken in Pants

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

16. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN - 1003 Overflow bug

I've experience the overflow bug.

I just settled a new city Brundisium.

I chopped out the forest on the turn of settlement (chopped then settled, 32 hammers to nearest city) :goodjob:

I then set up the city, and add my auto build queue.

NEXT TURN (attached) I receive an OVERFLOW OF 5,981,929 of :hammers:, converted into gold, my build queue is exhausted as they are all built, and I still have 1056 hammers from previous build to be added to new builds.

I'd previously encountered this same bug, but I was in anarchy, and assumed it was the 'Roman anarchy bug/cheat', so I reloaded and DIDN'T settle they city while in anarchy.

*Edit* I solved the problem of the excess gold, I just bribed the revolting city of Nidaros, with 5.955 Million gold, went from fully revolting to fully green, of zero revolt. (One cheat deserves another)

17. Poloman9a

Poloman9a Chieftain

I've hit a point where the game simply locks up and freezes and I have to restart my computer. I've tried going back to autosaves, but when it gets to that same turn, it freezes again. I've put a lot of hours into this particular game...is there any fix?

18. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Try recalculating with ctrl shift t or increasing unit per tile limit if you're using it. And please post the save. Also which revision are you using?

19. Poloman9a

Poloman9a Chieftain

Thanks!

20. Poloman9a

Poloman9a Chieftain

Unfortunately that didn't work. I believe I am using the latest version. It says the file is too large to attach, it's 4.39 MB. Perhaps that's why it's freezing, the game has gotten too big? Anyway, appreciate the help.