1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Are you sure it's a memory leak because you actually see memory usage increasing (very strange, never happened), or is it simply a never ending turn (possibly a loop, it happens)? Can you upload your save?

2. stp52x

stp52x Chieftain

3. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

Yes, and the feature was removed when I updated to 999 so it wasn't a problem anymore. I was wanting to get to where I could approve/condemn, but I can't even remember if that's in AND in the first place now.

But now I can't update at all, the update button is missing from the revisions list screen. I even re-sized it thinking it had been cut off, but no such luck.

EDIT: Just noticed the launcher was updated. Where can I snag the latest version by itself?

Attached Files:

4. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Just go to the launcher menu and pick Fix Installation, that should do it.

5. 88GTS

88GTS Chieftain

I've noticed this too, in my last game I was well behind two leading AIs, who suddenly reduced their army size by half and are now getting beat on by smaller civs.

Attached Files:

6. stp52x

stp52x Chieftain

So I take it that there isn't anything we can do about the looping problem? I had never experienced this problem until the latest iteration (s) of the game.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

This sounds like a case of rather than active sell-off.

8. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

I'd disagree there, EVERY city went down to 2 defenders. In that game I mentioned, the Dutch actually started to rebuild its military, and went back up in power.

As I understand it, with a strike, the furthest units from a city/Culture are deleted 1st, then only 1 at a time, increasing with next turn to 2/3.

In this instance, it was a MAJOR drop in power, and ALL cities only had 2 defenders. One or two cities were liberated, vassal created, but it did recover.

I won via a cultural victory, wasn't even aiming for that, surprised when it happened, but victory is victory. 5 cities at > 720,000 :culture: :trophy:

9. 88GTS

88GTS Chieftain

Ok, I might have seen something different then, in my case they still maintained a rather large army (>>>2 per city), just much less large then before. If it's an intended game function that I just didn't realize then it's probably not a bug.

10. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Well, I'm not sure what's happening but the STRIKE thing seems realistic to me. I'd need a save the turn before a huge drop. When I have some time I hope I can check (same thing for the infinite loop problem). I suppose that following a civic change and anarchy, that civ can't support a huge army anymore. Has anyone noticed if those huge power drops are following a civic change?

11. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

That depends on how negative you are in gold, I suppose. The more gold you're losing per turn when your treasure is 0, the more units have to be deleted. I think that would explain the situation pretty well. I haven't checked though.

12. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Warlord

Had not reached stirrup yet.

13. 88GTS

88GTS Chieftain

I don't have any saves from shortly before the drop since I tend to overwrite older saves. Both of the civs have managed to stay competitive tech wise though which seems strange unless I'm not understanding the mechanic, since as far as I know the science slider gets forced to 0 before units start disbanding.

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

That would do it. You don't fail a quest until you reach any of the obsoleting techs, and Stirrup is the only obsoleting tech for that quest. I want quests to have a reasonable length of time to be able to be finished.

15. Void of Winter

Void of Winter Chieftain

Did the trick. Thanks.

As an aside, this mod is awesome. Playing Civ4 with it is helping me get through a rough time in my life. Your work and the work of the others on the project is greatly appreciated.

16. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

As the title suggests, I've found a small error.

When you take a city, it will say the name of your next city build had expanded its borders, and not of that of the city you just took.

Spoiler :

Solution - insert the name of the city taken, not the next on build listing.

1:strength: to scout isn't listed as an icon on archery, only as a mouse over.

Solution - Add an icon showing +1:strength: to Scouts.

:band: Happy new year to all, and to all [party]

P.S. The slow bump scrolling and the 100% victory enslavement, seems to have been cured by starting a new game. Version 1003

17. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

When you city is already >1 :mad: citizens, it will continue to grow as long as the food allows, even if you have "avoid unhappy citizens" checked.

Solution - Correct this so it works correctly, and not only when you have no unhappy faces.

18. Samson

Samson Deity

In the attached save, the city I am attacking has no archers in it.

When I attack it the game reports I have killed an archer.

I am playing with great commanders. I do not think this is the first time it has happened in this game. Rev 997.

Attached Files:

19. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

It's probably the javelin thrower because it's an archery unit.

20. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Yes, there are some units that have flavor names (like Mongol Archer is named Javelin Thrower and Japanese Longbowman is named Yumi Samurai). If we want this to apply uniformly, it has to be fixed in CvUnit.cpp where TXT_KEY_MISC_YOU_UNIT_DESTROYED_ENEMY is used, because it calls the name of the defending unit and not the flavor name.