AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

hi...the game still crashes (bad memory allocation pops up more now...) i've the settings to low as it is....any help?

end every several turns this keeps poping up!

Attachments

• 46837001_270241870353721_647784894776213504_n.jpg
    46837001_270241870353721_647784894776213504_n.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 189
I believe memory allocation faults are what happens when the game engine is being pushed past its limits. So that can happen in a game that large. You might be able to get past it with viewports (Ctrl-Shift-O, General tab, bottom of the page). Viewports limit the size of the map you see to only a few tiles at a time. That might relieve the memory issues enough to let you finish the game.

I don't know what could cause the recalculate window to pop up during a game. Normally that only happens when mod files are updated during a game that's already begun, but once you update to the latest revision it shouldn't pop up again.

I don't know what could cause the recalculate window to pop up during a game. Normally that only happens when mod files are updated during a game that's already begun, but once you update to the latest revision it shouldn't pop up again.
Doesn't it have something to do with Caste?

furthermore there's a bug with the economy.... in one instance i have +600 gold and after one turn it goes to -400 or more.and buldings that i have buld,keep poping up in the city screen like i havent buld them at all.

I thought the problem with Caste was not recalculating food properly after you switched out of it. I'm not sure if that has been fixed yet.
IIRC 45 had introduced a force-recalc when switching out of Caste. That's what I was referring.

IIRC 45 had introduced a force-recalc when switching out of Caste. That's what I was referring.

I think I had forgotten about that. I'm still not sure what could be causing the pop-up window, because I don't think that's a forced recalc. Also, it should only happen when switching OUT of Caste, but this is happening repeatedly.

Switching out of Caste forces a recalc but it's done silently, no popup involved. Bad memory allocation shouldn't occur unless it's a giant/gigantic map with lots of civs and units and slow gamespeed. Which I think it's all true looking at your screenshot. I never had a bad memory allocation since ages anyway. Which revision are you playing with?

Same as 45 i have not seen bad memory allocation long time, but now i got one just reasently with latest revision.
I play always huge map but 65 civs, how ever this was very early game so i was suprised.. Its years since i have seen it happen.

Edit: it was actually one revision before this latest one.

Switching out of Caste forces a recalc but it's done silently, no popup involved. Bad memory allocation shouldn't occur unless it's a giant/gigantic map with lots of civs and units and slow gamespeed. Which I think it's all true looking at your screenshot. I never had a bad memory allocation since ages anyway. Which revision are you playing with?
since rev.77-78 i started having problems....i to,never had bad memory allocations for years,and i allways play big maps,but after the latest revisions everything has gone from bad to worst...you should roll back to rev.76,look more carefully to the changes you did,and iam sure you will find the problem.(or problems)

Last edited:
i was playing the latest revision(80),but affter many crashes,(the economy going up and down like crazy,buldings disappearing like i havent buld them at all,taiking forever to load the next turn,and memory problems) i found in my pc an older one and continued to play with that..(78)...still problematic,but playble.i swear,up to rev.75 all was well....as far as i remember that is.

Hello! I have been replaying this mod for one week, and since tomorrow my research/culture/espionage rate is changed every few turns. The espionage points distribution too, it is quite annoying.

Is there an option to disable that behaviour? Or is it a bug ?

PS: The mod is up-to-date.

I love the AND MOD and its evolving/growing tech tree.
I am running version 1080. I think I have tried all of the Menu:Fix Installation options, with the uploaded game to no avail. Gigantic game, Winter of 1937, the world is starving after a ---- caused a lot of dust to be thrown in the air. If you hit the "Next Turn" little red button, then the game stops moving and never comes back. I will upload the saved game, and I very much appreciate any help offered. I will collect/distribute any additional data requested.
System is a dual processor (8 core) Opteron with 26 GB RAM, 3+ TB of hard drive, running Windows 10 with the latest patches. The OS is loaded on a SSD mounted as F:. My Documents and "My Games" folders are on drive G:.
Thanks, Ron

Attachments

• Ron AD-1937-WinterAf.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.5 MB · Views: 110
I was able to get through to the beginning of the next turn. It did take several minutes for the turn to process.

Attachments

• Ron AD-1937-Summer.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.6 MB · Views: 107
Thank you. My computer is 10+ years old. Slower than a couple year old laptop. 1000x slower by Moore's Law.

Thank you. My computer is 10+ years old. Slower than a couple year old laptop. 1000x slower by Moore's Law.
Your PC is light years above recommended system requirements. However Civ4 has its own limitations that no PC configurations can help with.

crashing during loading of the save-file

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.4 MB · Views: 116
  • MiniDump_1078.dmp.7z
    73.7 KB · Views: 118
Top Bottom