Ank09 - DI1 Redux - 3CC AW

I think the Ottomans would be interesting in this variant. I'll second that.

The Ottomans, by all means. Another mounted UU. (Bede grumbles off to find his wellies and clean the stables.)

lurker's comment: Nice game! :goodjob: This one was a very interesting read. About a monarch rematch - Ottomans would be good - what about trying the Japanese? And equal attack/defense unit - just build lots of them. :) Just poping in this thread. And hi Sesn! Good luck on the rematch!

That's OK, we won't be playing on our Thanksgiving either.

Ok... Roster for Ank10 - 3CC AWM :)lol: think of someone new to the SG forum try and figure that out!):

Bugsy
grs
Bede
Ankka
did andvruss say something about this? :hmm:

Uh... sorry to disappoint you guys, but I think I'm getting Civ 3 for my mac today( :yeah: ), so could this please be on Vanilla?

I'm not 100% sure though, and if Bede has problems, it could be done on PTW, but vanilla would be cooler.

So, you could perhaps post a vote for both PTW and vanilla separately... unless the civ you propose is for vanilla, of course. ;)

Ok... PTW then.

I don't even own the PC, its our family comp, so I won't be throwing it away.

I guess we'll play as the Ottomans.

1500AD [Preturn]: Ooh, we have cannons. Let's see what else.

Temujin has still 7 cities. Looks like there's a funny bump in the donut. Too much sugar on one side...

IBT: Looks like the Mongol Defence Force is asleep... only one galley moves, nothing else to be seen.

We get a place expansion, yay! No, even better: we get 3 of them. :D

1505AD [1]: Regroup forces for attack.

IBT: One Mongol Longbow spotted, no battles.

All our cities build muskets - why? Change to riders.

1510AD [2]: Still regrouping.

IBT: Spot a Keshik, a longbow and a galley. No counterattacks.

1515AD [3]: Bombard Ulaanbaatar. Only manage to kill a citizen, knock off 1hp from a pike and a musket and destroy the barracks.

Elite* rider hits 1hp away from the musket and retreats.
Ankka's riders are redlined, but kill the defending pike.
Vet rider kills 2-hp musket without damage and promotes.
Anoter veteran rider kills the last unit in town, a vet longbow, and promotes and razes the city netting us only one worker.

A vet rider chops up a Keshik.

Elite rider retreats attacking reg pike in Tabriz.
Ditto. Gah. only 1hp off.
Vet rider finishes off a 2-hp pike. (5-0)

The army has plunged deep into the Mongol lands and finally finds the capital, Karakorum. It will be a tough nut, but not as tough as Kazan, which is 9 and on a hill.

IBT: A longbow attacks our rider, but hits only 1hp away.

1520AD [4]: Elite rider retreats when attacking reg pike at Ta-Tu.
Elite rider kills the 2-hp musket even though in mistake attacked over the river.
Vet rider dies attacking the 2-hp pike, redlining and promoting it > no effect really.
Elite rider kills the pike and razes the town.

Elite rider kills reg pike in Tabriz.
Notice all the other riders in the stack are wounded. After some looking spot a rider in range, and kill the Keshik there razing the city. (10-0)

We won't need research, we'll never reach MilTrad at this rate, it's completely useless, turn research off.
We gain 11gpt more: +51.

1525AD [5]: Elite rider kills a Mongol longbow. (11-0)

Move units ready to attack Kazan.

IBT: Oops, a barb kills our outpost..

1530AD [6]: Almost forget the units at Kazan as they were fortified. :lol:

Looks like it has starved... now it's size 6.

Cats hit only the rax, and 2 pikes. Do cities have some mega - anti - catapault defence thing?

IBT: Lose some exposed slaves. Weird. The pike could hav taken some 30, but it chose the stakc of 5... idiot.

1535AD [7]: Absolutely annoying: all the cats miss. Out of 18, none hit! Gah!

Vet rider takes out the pike with minor scratches. (12-0)

1540AD [8]: Still all the cats miss except one whitch takes one citizen away... no effect to anything , really. The town was already under 7.

Well, let's give it a go.

12-hp army goes to battle with a 4-hp pike, and comes out with 4hp. Well, at least it won.
Lose an elite rider to a reg pike.
Second elite kills the 1-hp pike and gets us a leader, razes the city and we get 2 workers. (14-1)

Temujin is playing a 3CC too, now. Isn't it nice when others join the club? :D

IBT: Mongol longbow takes off 3 hp of our elite rider, but we win. (15-1).

1545AD [9]: Vet rider retreats from reg musket in Hovd without doing anything.
The elite rider takes some bruises, but kills the musket.
Another elite kills the reg pike, and razes the town. (17-1)

Pillage Mongolia's only wines farm.

IBT: a Mongol pike attacks our exposed (whoops) redlined rider, and wins. Something I've IIRC never seen an AI do before. :hmm:

1550AD [10]: Rider kills the pike. (18-1)

Karakorum starved, yay. Only size 8 now.

Pillage around Karakorum to soften it a little. Almost all irrigations are gone now.

I transported 2 riders to Almarikh, I think they are enough to take the city... and then there will only be the last nut to crack for Bugsy, who started, gets to finish this too. Should take only at max 5 turns, depending on the RNG. Go for it! :thumbsup:

And a pic for the lurkers, too.

Oh, and there's a Mongol galley floating towards our South. Let's hope there's no settler there.

I have it but it may be tomorrow before we register the win. How many turns will it take? Place your bets now

A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 3+

andvruss - just slap me silly. :spank: I didn't mean to skip you. :blush:

Edit - I say two turns for andvruss to finish the game.

IBT: Bejing rider-rider

1555: Karakorum is unusally hard to take...4 units retreat, but nonetheless, I raze the city.
Take no casualties in burning Almarikh :D.
Hit forify for the rest of the turn

Good job you guys. I take no glory for only playing around 12 turns. I would also be in for a rematch on Monarch.

Well done all. Now for the Monarch rematch.

I owe you a beer. :beer: Actually, I owe half the members of this site a beer. :D

Oops, I forgot I had a swap, not a skip. :blush:

I underestimated our riders, seems, as you made it in 1 turn. :thumbsup:

Thanks everybody for the great game, I'll be starting the Monarch one soon - with the same crew. :)

The pangaea was very weird. We had an extremely long supply line, but in fact we got a very good hammer and anvil going there, so I'm not sure whether it slowed us or helped us. At least we only had a 2-front war, not 3 or 4.

The Monarch game will be started today after I have read some stupid German words for a word test. :ack: (no offence, I'm just not so good at German - at least not producing it, I understand it fairly well)

Settings will be:

Standard Pangaea 70%, others random
Ottomans
Monarch

Something I forgot?

Game thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=2254865#post2254865

Top Bottom