Ank09 - DI1 Redux - 3CC AW

GYAOOF has a nice ring to it (Grumpy Youth and One Old F***)

Well, I suppose my question is who the Old F--- is?

I have the impression that you and Bugs are both in the same age range....

:rotfl:

Not hardly, youngster, not hardly, even if Bugsy does know the words to Alice's Restaurant.

Here's a hint: when was the first Grateful Dead free concert? I drove my girlfriend's Corvair Monza to it.

Let's just say that we're both a lot older then the rest of the team. Even then Brother Bede's got me by a few. Sesn here's a hint I know you'll get: I was a junior in HS when Pudge wrapped that homer around the Green Monster's foul pole.

We should probably be the Grumpy Youth and Gray Haired Wonders.

The rest of the team: *Alice's Restaurant? Pudge?*

Saves coming up.

Here are the starts.

#1 -

Place your votes ladies and gentlemen.

Notes on the map. I used all of Ankka's setting except I put the barbs to raging. Climate is random, civs are random, standard gea with 70% water. I'll let you know the random seed I used when you select it.

Vote for 4.

River, spices and an estuary to the east, lots of shield potential.

#1 - good general location, cow and 2 sugar within range, coast 1 tile away.

#2 - Starting 9 is good, but there is marsh everywhere. (or is that jungle in the starting 9? Hate those graphics)

#3 - Good potential, but will take a lot of work to make it come to fruition.

#4 - Good looking, more marsh to the NW.

I think I would prefer #1, would be fine with #4.

BTW - Noticed you went with the wacky barbs anyhow, eh Bugs?

Re: ages - That puts you about where I figured Bugs. I read some comment somewhere about you remembering the "Heidi" game. (best finish thread?)

But for the decrepit monk - wow! I have no idea when that concert was, but I would guess the late sixties or so. And a corvair? So I guess that puts you somewhere around "L" in Rome then. :lol:

And for the record, *I* know Alice's restaurant. (big classic rock fan)

1. Coast or possibly a lake nearby, Cows and Sugar. Not bad.
2. WAY too many Marshes.
3. Floodplains are too risky; we'll be dealing with disease in our cities for a LONG time.
4. We're really close to the Tundra; we'll want to poke around to the south first to get more usable tiles. We have a luxury, too.

So:

@Bugsy,

A loooong time gone....

Went out to visit the girlfriend who was in art school then.

Uh... I meant to play this in PTW... but I guess it'll be hard enough even with the overpowered armies.

Vote goes:

None of them are real wonder starts, but I'd go with #1.

Start 1: 3 votes
Start 2: 0 votes
Start 3: 0 votes
Start 4: 1 vote

So, start 1 it is.

You may start, Bugs. Or should we discuss the opening strategy? Any ideas, team? :)

:wallbash: Sorry Ankka. I could respin the starts. Or we could handicap ourselves and say no armies.

Well, I think no armies hadnicaps too much, we need one rider army to swipe the AI away...

So, if you could, it would be nice, none of those starts is a real powerstart either, so I doubt it would do any harm. :)

Can we even get an army with only three cities? I thought you needed at least 4 cities to form an army....:hmm:

We'll just have to capture one more city for the while when we have a leader. We'll just disband it at the end of the turn, keeping it only while getting the leader to produce an army. Get it? :)

Aaahhh. So we're playing the relaxed version. That's fine, I just wasn't aware that was how we would do it.

So if we could get 5 cities for peace, or in a single turn, we could actually get 2 armies then, right? I know it's not likely, but just making sure. ;)

Basically we just have to END each turn with only the three cities, right?

Yes, you got it correct. :)

The only difficulty is that we can't make peace, this is AW. :p

Sounds very interesting, gang! Best wishes with it. I'll check in from time to time to see how it's going. :)

Top Bottom