April 2021 Developer Livestream Discussion

Most of these sound like good changes.

Any changes for Babylon? I was wondering if they might be able to benefit from the Pikeman by building Spears and upgrading quickly to Pikemen instead of Pike and Shot - I always have trouble saving up the gold for the later. They could then become Pikeman a bit later to keep steamrolling.

They have time to buff Sumeria, but nothing for Scotland? Bah!

I hope that the 1/3 of civs that have yet to be previewed (and will instead be mentioned in the patch notes) don't have 'weaker' adjustments than those here. I'm sorry, but the only really significant changes were the ones we've already seen, Maya, and Russia. I'm assuming Australia will have an interesting change that might shed light on what'll happen with Scotland, but I honestly don't know at this point. I'm just really underwhelmed after Poland.

Poland:
Doesn't need to be the founder of the religion for the abilities to work
Winged Hussar replaces Cuirassier

Is this a buff for Poland? It actually seems more negative. Now you can't culture bomb without spreading someone else's religion, giving them the founder bonuses and potentially moving them closer to a religious victory.

Is this a buff for Poland? It actually seems more negative. Now you can't culture bomb without spreading someone else's religion, giving them the founder bonuses and potentially moving them closer to a religious victory.

They said the only goal of it was to make it more 'consistent', which is definitely true. But it doesn't help Poland along any win condition, and encampments as Poland don't necessarily make much sense, especially when considering their other ability takes away a military card for a wildcard one and encourages a non-military play style.

Top Bottom