Are you Aryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolioVonHoolio

Quit WoW, back to Civ.
i thought of this during history when we were talking about it and we went around the room decided which of us were aryan. so just send in a pic of your face and we will decide if you are aryan or not.

The deffinition of aryan:
The Aryan race was a term used in the nineteenth century by European racial theorists who believed strongly in the division of humanity into biologically distinct races with differing characteristics. Such writers took the view that the Proto-Indo-Europeans consituted a specific race that had expanded across Europe, Iran and India. This meaning was, and still is, common in theories of racial superiority which were embraced by Nazi Germany. This usage tends to merge the Avestan/Sanskrit meaning of "noble" or "elevated" with the idea of distinctive ancestral ethnicity marked by language distribution. In this interpretation, the Aryan Race is both the highest representative of mankind and the purest descendent of the Proto-Indo-European population.
characteristics?
characterized by tall stature, long head- and facial form, straight and fine blond, red, or light brown hair, and blue, grey or green eyes

so are you aryan?

and could you tell me if i am aryan?

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue/Green
Hair Color: Red
Race: German/Norwegian

Being part Polish and completely Catholic, I'd be sent to the chambers despite my blue eyes.

Well I fit the physical definition of aryan pretty much, but a large portion of me is Czech, and I'm pretty sure that they were on Hitler's "to kill" list.

umm... I'm not completely Aryan, and you have dirty-blond hair thus making you non-aryan also! :) We are family!

Join the non-aryan crusades!:mischief:

mrtn said:
I can say that you're bloody stupid to ask about a disproved and highly offensive theory like that. :mad:
ok? you a dork for saying that... we arent talking about if aryans are better than other races we are just talking about the characteristics of it...

edit: MjM... non-aryan

I should be, given my mostly north Germanic ancestry, but the only element I match is that I have a somewhat longish face. (Average height, curly medium brown hair, hazel eyes.)

It is, of course, a stupid and thoroughly discredited notion anyhow.

German/English descent, Tall, skinny, extremely light/bright blue eyes, brown hair, and my cheek bones stick out a little farther than the normal person.

Wow, I think a lot of you don't really have an understanding of the term Aryan. Aryan as defined by light hair, eye, and skin color stems from discredited racial theories from the 19th century and Nazi Germany to describe.

I always assumed it was common knowledge that Aryans are the people of Iran. The term was used by Persians for centuries.

I am 6'3", have blond hair, and blue eyes. My family is of mostly Norwegan, German, Irish, and Czech extraction. I could blend into Nazi Germany perfectly and could probably have a good career in the SS.

Not me. I have too dark of hair to be such. Prolly because i'm Swiss and Scottish, which doesn't go with the whole German ubermensch thing that this theory loves.

Oh well, who cares, the theory is bullfeathers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom