Are you pre-ordering?

Preorder?

• Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

Votes: 386 68.7%
  • No, I'm going to wait and see.

Votes: 176 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually preordered twice: the deluxe version for myself, and the regular one for my brother as a birthday present.

Not pre-ordering. I am going to wait for more info and reviews on the full game.
I am especially interested in AI and MP, the 2 big weaknesses of Civ5.

I preordered Civilization VI has a gift to myself because I had preordered Civilization V as a gift to myself. With that said,

Not pre-ordering. I am going to wait for more info and reviews on the full game.
I am especially interested in AI and MP, the 2 big weaknesses of Civ5.

this is what I'm going to tell everybody else if they ask me should they preorder. I don't play MP in Civilization, but what I've read about the AI so far in Civilization VI hasn't been glowing.

I pre-ordered the 25th Anniversary set from Amazon. First time I've pre-ordered a Civ. Before that it was a semi-tradition for me to walk into Wal-Mart on the day of release. I won't have that opportunity with my current position, so a nice boxed set will be waiting for me at home instead.

This will also be the first time I did not go out to the store to get a boxed copy. While I lament the loss of the box for the shelf, I relish the opportunity to download the game in my pjs while brewing the coffee needed for the first gaming session.

My first fully digital civ game.
Civ 5 I pre ordered at EB then came home and found I needed to get steam. 6 years later I'm fully committed to the steam ecosystem.

Used my No Man's Sky refund monies to get the digital deluxe edition. No regrets ... yet

I got all Civilization games (except Civilization 1) the first day they were released. But then came Civilization V.... so I definitely won’t pre order.

I’ve said to myself that I have to wait and read reviews and other players comments and the decide to buy or not. But then..... it’s a new Civilization game so I’ll probably buy it the first day anyway.

Yep. I've already pre-ordered. Can't wait for the 21st.

Damn, I forgot. I'm on a Mac. Sometime after the 21st I guess :(

Finally decided, spent my birthday money on a pre-order. My husband assures me that if it doesn't run on my computer, which lacks a video card, we can find a relatively cheap card that will fit in the small chassis. (Civ V runs fine on low-mid settings.)

Still waiting for a reveal of the DLC attached to the deluxe edition. If they don't, I'll just 'pre-order' the basic edition on wednesday. I won't buy anything without knowing what is in it.

I'm going to buy it as soon as it's available, whether I preorder is dependent on GMG or some other site offering it at a discount because the timing of the inevitable release sale is up to them.

I was kind of annoyed I went to GMG when it was 22% off but I put off ordering it and when I came back a day or two later it was full price.

I'm going to buy it as soon as it's available, whether I preorder is dependent on GMG or some other site offering it at a discount because the timing of the inevitable release sale is up to them.

I was kind of annoyed I went to GMG when it was 22% off but I put off ordering it and when I came back a day or two later it was full price.

There was one day when the price on GMG went back up to full, but I think that was a mistake, because it's back to being 20% off again. You need to log in to see the full discount though.

Finally decided, spent my birthday money on a pre-order. My husband assures me that if it doesn't run on my computer, which lacks a video card, we can find a relatively cheap card that will fit in the small chassis. (Civ V runs fine on low-mid settings.)

It aught to be able to run on lower than the stated minimum requirements if you're willing to use the strategic mode, which you can load right into via an option in the settings. But yeah, I'm sure you could get a dedicated card able to run it for very cheap. Particularly with black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up soon, there's topically a lot of deals on electronics websites now and early November as well.

Check out pcpartpicker to get a nice aggregate of current online prices for all cards in an easily customizable list.

I'm really annoyed by the Aztec pre-order thing. I normally don't pre-order games, but I pre-ordered this one. Yeah, they got me. I'm part of the problem.

I could live without the Aztecs for 90 days, and in fact would consider it a bonus never having to start next to them, but that Huey Teocalli wonder is annoyingly tempting.

Last edited:
There was one day when the price on GMG went back up to full, but I think that was a mistake, because it's back to being 20% off again. You need to log in to see the full discount though.

I think this current discount on GMG is EU only as far as I can tell, I'm logged in on the US site and the current reward is a discount on a future purchase if you order Civ 6 full price. I'm still hoping they do a discount on the game itself shortly before or directly after release.

Let's say I will buy the game at Spring or even Summer next year (which is far over the 90 days limit), will I get Aztec upon payment or I still have to wait 90 days after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom