Ask A Catholic III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm no, you can do all that without believing in any deity.

Brings to mind:

Spoiler :
10So Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharao, and did as the Lord had commanded. And Aaron took the rod before Pharao, and his servants, and it was turned into a serpent.

11And Pharao called the wise men and the magicians: and they also by Egyptian enchantments and certain secrets did in like manner.

12And they every one cast down their rods, and they were turned into serpents: but Aaron's rod devoured their rods.

20And Moses and Aaron did as the Lord had commanded: and lifting up the rod he struck the water of the river before Pharao and his servants: and it was turned into blood.

21And the fishes that were in the river died: and the river corrupted, and the Egyptians could not drink the water of the river, and there was blood in all the land of Egypt.

22And the magicians of the Egyptians with their enchantments did in like manner: and Pharao's heart was hardened, neither did he hear them, as the Lord had commanded.

5And the Lord said to Moses: Say to Aaron, Stretch forth thy hand upon the streams and upon the rivers and the pools, and bring forth frogs upon the land of Egypt.

6And Aaron stretched forth his hand upon the waters of Egypt, and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.

7And the magicians also by their enchantments did in like manner, and the brought forth frogs upon all the land of Egypt

16And the Lord said to Moses: Say to Aaron, Stretch forth thy rod, and strike the dust of the earth: and may there be sciniphs in all the land of Egypt.

17And they did so. And Aaron stretched forth his hand, holding the rod: and he struck the dust of the earth, and there came sciniphs on men and on beasts: all the dust of the earth was turned into sciniphs through all the land of Egypt.

18And the magicians with their enchantments practiced in like manner, to bring forth sciniphs, and they could not and there were sciniphs as well on men as on beasts.

19And the magicians said to Pharao This is the finger of God. And Pharao heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them, as the Lord had commanded.

Sooner or later humanity fails? It is true that man can "do" up to a point. When is that point in any religion?

How the Church views Cosa Nostra?

Much of the Cosa Nostra members, and its rites. are very Catholic.

- Barbarians
- Heretics
- Old Head Fanatics
- typical sinners

- Barbarians
- Heretics
- Old Head Fanatics
- typical sinners

The Church has been in bed with the Cosa Nostra in many parts of Italy (and the rest of the world) for years now. That said, they're "publicly anti-Cosa Nostra."

- Barbarians
- Heretics
- Old Head Fanatics
- typical sinners
They're as anti-Catholic as could be. Murder? Arson? Rape? Gun running? Slave trafficking? The drug trade? Not veyr Catholic, I'd say.

Read the thread title, Domination.

It says ASK a Catholic. In that regard, Manfred Belheim broke the rules before I did:p

My opinion in this case was neither against Catholic teaching, nor overarching the thread. That sort of "Question" was more for Christians in general.

That said, if you really would like me to stop posting, I will do so gracefully.

What you're doing is trolling, get out.

What you're doing is trolling, get out.
That's not cool, I'll handle it

Domination, do you want to maybe get a cup of coffee, we could just relate to each other, I know how hard it must be trapped in your middle class home with your dad preaching leaving no time for you. Maybe you'd feel better if we held hands and hugged?

That's not cool, I'll handle it

Domination, do you want to maybe get a cup of coffee, we could just relate to each other, I know how hard it must be trapped in your middle class home with your dad preaching leaving no time for you. Maybe you'd feel better if we held hands and hugged?

:lol:

My dad isn't even a regular preacher, though he does preach on occasion.

Also, I hate coffee:p

And California is the one place in the US worse than New York:mischief:

Whoops. Wrong thread, sorry.

:lol:

My dad isn't even a regular preacher, though he does preach on occasion.

Also, I hate coffee:p

And California is the one place in the US worse than New York:mischief:
So do I :p

We have better weather and real beaches, we could kick back on the beach watching the sunset and praying together. :mischief:

*sigh* I go for a day to get some assignments done and then this tangent comes up...

COSA NOSTRA:

The Church hates the thing and membership within the Cosa Nostra is incompatible with living the gospel. That said it is true that various individuals in a consciously criminal divergence from what the Church demands of them have had relations with the Cosa Nostra, some clergy amognst them. However this is contrary to the foundational view of the Church and institutionally it is quite against the Cosa Nostra and organised crime.

@CIV-KING

0.o, perhaps taking the hugs elsewhere...

@TAKHISIS

I'd suggest not calling people trolls considering they are consitutuent beings of germanic mythology, and since moderators in their fear of their mischievous power tremble before them, they generally look with disfavour on accusations of people actually being such creatures lest such an accusations invoke trollish wrath and cause chaos on the threads.

*sigh* I go for a day to get some assignments done and then this tangent comes up...

COSA NOSTRA:

The Church hates the thing and membership within the Cosa Nostra is incompatible with living the gospel. That said it is true that various individuals in a consciously criminal divergence from what the Church demands of them have had relations with the Cosa Nostra, some clergy amognst them. However this is contrary to the foundational view of the Church and institutionally it is quite against the Cosa Nostra and organised crime.

@CIV-KING

0.o, perhaps taking the hugs elsewhere...

@TAKHISIS

I'd suggest not calling people trolls considering they are consitutuent beings of germanic mythology and since moderators in their fear of their mischievous power tremble before them, they generally look with disfavour on accusations of being such creatures lest such an accusation invoke their trollish wrath.

Perhaps I should have written "no homo intended" at the end?

Perhaps I should have written "no homo intended" at the end?

well its sort of an odd action to take irrespective of the absence or inclusion of such intent regardless on such threads. My first thought was what have you been... :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

well its sort of an odd action to take irrespective of the absence or inclusion of such intent regardless on such threads. My first thought was what have you been... :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:
Obviously I was smoking nothing since there is nothing legal in the US that when smoked causes something like that. Breaking the law is sinful unless the law does something gravely sinful.

PS there's a fantastic video call "Internet Bridge Troll" which I think you'll find humorous (warning, some bleeped out profanities)

Last I checked smoking tobacco is perfectly legal in the United States considering your not inclined to illegal acts ;)

Last I checked smoking tobacco is perfectly legal in the United States considering your not inclined to illegal acts ;)
Tobacco is disgusting, why would I poison my body like that?

Tobacco is disgusting, why would I poison my body like that?

you tell me :p

Anyways returning to the actual point of this thread. Does anyone have any actual questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom