Ask A Catholic

Status
Not open for further replies.

civ_king

Deus Caritas Est
1. Any and all Vatican II Catholic posters on CFC are welcome to contribute - I know there are a fairly good number who popped in to say hi on the last few, I would encourage them to contribute this time as well.

2. Neither I, nor anyone else who answers any questions, is doing so in an official capacity. I will try to make it clear what is my opinion and what is Church doctrine.

3. We do not claim to be able to prove our faith. In real life, we believe it for a variety of reasons that we can't simply explain to someone so convincingly that they will instantly join the church. On the internet, that would be even harder.

4. We (at least I) will try to answer every question posed here. I realize that some people have not gotten answers that they considered satisfactory, but I will explain everything to the best of my ability. If I don't, most likely I overlooked the question, feel free to ask it again.

questioning is now open (hopefully I will check in almost everyday)

I have permission from Eran

1. Did you get moderator approval for this?

(You're going to need it if youre going to start an "Ask a x" thread. If you did gotten mod approval, it's best to place that you have moderator approval in the OP)

1. When did you first become Catholic? (Or were you born a catholic?)
2. How strict of a catholic are you?

3. Do you think the pope has more of an ability to talk to God than you do?

4. Do you think other sects of Christianity are wrong for going against the Pope?

5. How seriously do you take the stories and myths in the Bible?

6. How closely do you try to abide by the rules of your faith?

Should be good for starters.

Why?

Would be the most pressing question that comes to mind. I mean they're probably the most evil of Christian churches, and thats saying something.

1. Did you get moderator approval for this?

(You're going to need it if youre going to start an "Ask a x" thread. If you did gotten mod approval, it's best to place that you have moderator approval in the OP)
Done
1. When did you first become Catholic? (Or were you born a catholic?)
2. How strict of a catholic are you?
3. Do you think the pope has more of an ability to talk to God than you do?

4. Do you think other sects of Christianity are wrong for going against the Pope?

5. How seriously do you take the stories and myths in the Bible?

6. How closely do you try to abide by the rules of your faith?

Should be good for starters.
1) Was born a Catholic
2) Am a strict Catholic
3) Yes
4) which sects
5) which components of it, it depends very much by Chapter
6) I try very hard
Why?

Would be the most pressing question that comes to mind. I mean they're probably the most evil of Christian churches, and thats saying something.

Why do you think it is evil?

Anyone else got questions?

When you give up stuff for lent, do you personally also give it up for the Sundays? Or are you supposed to break Lent during the Sundays?

How "big" of stuff do you give up for lent? Are more serious Catholics supposed to make bigger sacrifices?

So what's with the no rubbers?
Condoms are unnecessary if you follow the Bible
How do you defend transubstantiation?
When at his Last Supper, Jesus said: "This is my body", what he held in his hands still had all the appearances of bread: these "accidents" remained unchanged. However, the Roman Catholic Church believes that, when Jesus made that declaration, the underlying reality (the "substance") of the bread was converted to that of his body. In other words, it actually was his body, while all the appearances open to the senses or to scientific investigation were still those of bread, exactly as before. The Catholic Church holds that the same change of the substance of the bread and of the wine occurs at the consecration of the Eucharist when the words are spoken "This is my body ... this is my blood."
When you give up stuff for lent, do you personally also give it up for the Sundays? Or are you supposed to break Lent during the Sundays?

How "big" of stuff do you give up for lent? Are more serious Catholics supposed to make bigger sacrifices?

The point of lent is prayer, penitence, and almsgiving, you give up things you lust for penitence

That is not a question

True, but it sure made your response look silly

so what about all the unmarried people having sex, your religion says no condoms? Where did Jesus take that position?

and I'm sure I've seen the pope in a pointy hat, how else did the early church hide the bunny's ears?

Perhaps, and irrelevant. But not every married person is faithful so not using condoms endangers their spouses too. And show me these people following the Bible, please. Aint hardly no one following the Bible.

That doesn't seem like an actual answer to the question!

I presume that you believe SUVs are unnecessary if you follow the Bible, correct?

But I'm sure that the numerous Catholics with SUVs aren't going against Catholic doctrine.

So on that premise I reject your answer as false and resubmit my question!

So, what's with the no rubbers?

True, but it sure made your response look silly

so what about all the unmarried people having sex, your religion says no condoms? Where did Jesus take that position?

and I'm sure I've seen the pope in a pointy hat, how else did the early church hide the bunny's ears?

Perhaps, and irrelevant. But not every married person is faithful so not using condoms endangers their spouses too. And show me these people following the Bible, please. Aint hardly no one following the Bible.
extramarital sex is adultery... just be glad we don't stone them anymore, also if you are violating religious law why does it matter what the Pope says about condoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom