Ask a Russian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

From what I've seen in most cases they just pick person up and carry him to the van. In some cases fighting erupts and it may look ugly.
Not saying we don't have problems with police brutality, I think we do. If cops beat people who don't resist or fight them, they must be punished.

Fair enough. Reasonable force can be used to through them in the paddy wagon is fair enough.

Cops shouldn't be interfering in peaceful protests though. Just let em blow off steam, in the 90s our polititians learnt to ignore rent a mob. The PM got nervous, one of the ministers just said ignore them.

Let em rant, worry about the ballot box on election day.

Putin would probably win election if Russia had NZs political structure, the opposition would have more representation than Russia atm but you could ignore them just like NZ.

All they want is to be seen and heard.

Last edited:
Ural airlines, bird strike.
Landed on corn field, everybody alive.
Too many accidents recently.

The suit is obviously too big for the American woman and too small for the Italian guy. Not XL or S sizes left, only M was available.

I drunk a Baltika beer last night.

Cost me around $5 USD for a 900 ml can, 5.4% Alcohol 3.8 standard drinks.

Is Baltika a good beer in Russia and is it a traditional beer?

Wasn't a great beer but better than a few of ours. Bit more bitter than beers I normally drink.

I've been listening to recent Eurovision songs (because I clearly have an active social life!) and found the Russian singer Sergey Lazarev and been listening him to quite a bit lately. How is he regarded in Russia?

I drunk a Baltika beer last night.

Cost me around $5 USD for a 900 ml can, 5.4% Alcohol 3.8 standard drinks.

Is Baltika a good beer in Russia and is it a traditional beer?

Wasn't a great beer but better than a few of ours. Bit more bitter than beers I normally drink.
It's well known in Russia and people say it's ok but not great.
I rarely drink beer and when I do it's usually Irish/Czech/German ones. Drunk Baltica may be 10 years ago last time.

So in Hollywood movies, the CIA are bad guys 98% of the time. (CIA good guy would be considered Jack Ryan)

How often are the CIA bad guys in Russian movies?
In Russian movies, I think they are bad in 100% of the cases, like in real life :)
May be there are opposite examples, but I haven't seen them.

I've been listening to recent Eurovision songs (because I clearly have an active social life!) and found the Russian singer Sergey Lazarev and been listening him to quite a bit lately. How is he regarded in Russia?
He is quite popular, may be in top 20 or so. Can't say anything special about his songs though, IMO he is just a standard pop-singer similar to others.

It's well known in Russia and people say it's ok but not great.
I rarely drink beer and when I do it's usually Irish/Czech/German ones. Drunk Baltica may be 10 years ago last time.

In Russian movies, I think they are bad in 100% of the cases, like in real life :)
May be there are opposite examples, but I haven't seen them.

He is quite popular, may be in top 20 or so. Can't say anything special about his songs though, IMO he is just a standard pop-singer similar to others.

That was basically my impression big Baltika. 2 or 3 of those cans though I would be giggling like a little girl.

I don't especially like regular Baltika, but non-alcoholic variant is pretty good.

Non-alcoholic beer is great as a healthy alternative to soft drinks. Low in sugar, plenty vitamins and minerals.

Rusyn folk song adapted by Slovakian band Hrdza.
Rusyns are small East-Slavic ethnic group living mostly in Carpathians region, South-Eastern Ukraine, Moldova and Slovakia.

In the very first page of this thread, Russia Today is recommended as a trustworthy Russian news source. Hmm..

In the very first page of this thread, Russia Today is recommended as a trustworthy Russian news source. Hmm..
You are aware the first page of this thread is over a decade old, RT's tone has changed heavily in the last decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom