Resource icon

AutoPlay gitHub

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Gedemon submitted a new resource:

AutoPlay - Small mod based on Firaxis code to launch the game in autoplay with an active camera

If like me you launch countless AI games to test your code, or like AI battle royale, you may find it useful.

Controls :
  • H : display all controls
  • U : show/hide User Interface
  • I : start/stop automatic camera
  • Shift+N : Notifications (war, peace, new cities, ...) On/Off
  • Shift+A : Start/Stop autoplay (you have to wait for the start of next turn)
  • Shift+W : Auto Declare War (each Civilization will try to declare one new war each turn) On/Off

Last edited:
That's R.E.D. for civ6, it requires a bit more tweaking before release.

That's R.E.D. for civ6, it requires a bit more tweaking before release.
Looking forward to that one too.

One thing that would be handy with this mod would be to have it automagically reveal (or at least explore) the entire map on load. Well that and a replacement load screen to remind me to turn it off when I actually want to play it and to turn it on when I want to use it, I keep forgetting... hey, I'm an old guy :)

You mean to prevent the temporary freeze on big size maps when revealing them on start ?

As much as I prefer the normal looking units like you have, they seem a little out of place when everything else is so cartoonish! :(

As far as the R.E.D mod, does it show a different amont of units depending on if they are formed into a corp or army?

You mean to prevent the temporary freeze on big size maps when revealing them on start ?
The couple times I tried I still had to fire up the tuner to reveal the map otherwise I was just staring at a completely unexplored map where I couldn't see any of the players.

Oh, and this is completely unrelated but I saw it in your video, so here's the fix:
Code:
-- Fix for missing plot caused by the change above. *Thanks to Fuyu on CivFanatics
UPDATE CivilizationLevels SET StartingTilesForCity = StartingTilesForCity + 1 WHERE CivilizationLevelType = 'CIVILIZATION_LEVEL_CITY_STATE' AND StartingTilesForCity < 6;

When I run anything other than prince difficulty the "human player" civ is at a disadvantage. For example on 4-leaf clover the 3 other AI's have 3 settlers a bunch of starting units and builders on deity while the 1 civ only has what the human player would start with. Is there a way to change this? Or are my AI battles stuck on prince difficulty?

As far as the R.E.D mod, does it show a different amont of units depending on if they are formed into a corp or army?
I've not looked at that, don't know if it's possible yet, but that's a good idea.

R.E.D. has it's own thread now, please continue there: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/r-e-d-modpack.607017/

The couple times I tried I still had to fire up the tuner to reveal the map otherwise I was just staring at a completely unexplored map where I couldn't see any of the players.
Strange it should put you as the observer... Anyone else with this issue ?

I'll add a key to stop/start Autoplay from the mod, maybe switching it off/on again will fix that.

Oh, and this is completely unrelated but I saw it in your video, so here's the fix:
Code:
-- Fix for missing plot caused by the change above. *Thanks to Fuyu on CivFanatics
UPDATE CivilizationLevels SET StartingTilesForCity = StartingTilesForCity + 1 WHERE CivilizationLevelType = 'CIVILIZATION_LEVEL_CITY_STATE' AND StartingTilesForCity < 6;
Thanks, but what's the change above ? :D

When I run anything other than prince difficulty the "human player" civ is at a disadvantage. For example on 4-leaf clover the 3 other AI's have 3 settlers a bunch of starting units and builders on deity while the 1 civ only has what the human player would start with. Is there a way to change this? Or are my AI battles stuck on prince difficulty?
True, but I'm afraid I won't have time to look at it myself, I'd suggest to create a small mod to give all players (including the - at launch - human players) the same bonuses.

Thanks, but what's the change above ? :D
Whoops, well that comment is form my own tweaks SQL. The change above that in my file is the one to remove the first free envoy when discovering a city state for the first time, it looks like you're running something similar in the video since all the city states were missing their 6th tile which is a side effect since city states gain tiles with each envoy they receive and no free first envoy means they start with 5 tiles. Although now that I think about it, that may just be the side effect of seeing everything as an observer in your case.

Ho, yes you're right, we're seing the CS before any Civilization has met them, I was wondering why some had 6 anyway in my tests, it's just that those were spawning close to majors....

I used this to do some AI battle testing, had some interesting results: I did a write up on reddit, thanks for opening up the auto-play it was imperative for my testing! reddit post

Gedemon updated AutoPlay with a new update entry:

v.2 with more options

• Only display (Turn : Date : IRL hour) at beginning of turn
  • Remind the key for help (H) every 10 turns
  • Controls:
    • H : display all controls
    • U : show/hide User Interface
    • I : start/stop automatic camera
    • Shift+N : Notifications (war, peace, new cities, ...) On/Off
    • Shift+A : Start/Stop autoplay (you have to wait for the start of next turn)
    • Shift+W : Auto Declare War (each Civilization will try to declare one new war each turn) On/Off

Read the rest of this update entry...

I used this to do some AI battle testing, had some interesting results: I did a write up on reddit, thanks for opening up the auto-play it was imperative for my testing! reddit post

Great, it's exactly for this kind of test that I've released this (the base code was from Firaxis, but it seems they hadn't time to link it to the base game for release...)

Any chance we can add a pause button? Turning AutoPlay on/off hides the Fog Of War and thus keeps me from seeing all the civs.

I would also like to see all the civs by name on the victory board... and have access, at the least, to the science/civics windows of the main civ that is being AutoPlayed. The opportunity to select units and see their info as if they were my own city (though I could do nothing WITH them) would also be a wonderful ability! It'd be great to be able to select this Garde Impériale and see how effective he will be in his siege of Damascus, for instance (in my current game).

So far, this is great! Just a few minor features that I'd like to see added!

Last edited:
Top Bottom