Baking Cakes and Discrimination: Or, "What Would Jesus Do?"

Trump would agree

You know, I don't think he would, I'm pretty sure he would be insisting that your question was great and ranting about the Oppression of Real Americans by cosmopolitan liberal elites such as myself.

From wikipedia, that does not seem to be the case:
It has been a few weeks, so I was wrong in stating the baker had not sewed for his rights against the state. I for one do not think that either side should keep fighting for unnecessary rights, that just take other human's freedoms away. Is the point to silence all religious belief?

After the Supreme Court ruled in his favor, a lawyer decided to be discriminated against. The Baker then sued because he was being singled out because of his religious beliefs.

The reports about his continuation of his job have been conflicting. My point still stands though. Is the point to make every one who refuses to do your bidding a practical legal course of action? Cake decoration seems to be a focal point of both artistic ability, and a product to be consumed. But I should not be offended because a particular baker does not meet my demands, when they can be met elsewhere. No matter if there is a law defending my choices.

This has to be the best take yet on discrimination in public accomodation
If history had been different and all southern slaves had migrated to Colorado in the same month, the economy may have suffered for a bit, but history would sure have been different.

Is the point to silence all religious belief?

No, the point is to remove religious bigotry from the marketplace.

I'm a very active Christian, in a state that the evangelical bane would quickly call a 'bastion of evil anti-religious persecuting lib'ruls.' Guess what, I don't get persecuted at all. Atheists I encounter in real life don't proselytize like the fanatical followers of the church of the non-god I routinely encounter on CFC, they just shrug with a 'to each their own' air and we talk about football, or politics, or the weather, or local history. But no one I've run into in business here runs their business with "religious principles before law" as their guide; not bakers, not pizza makers, not professional photographers...nobody.

If history had been different and all southern slaves had migrated to Colorado in the same month, the economy may have suffered for a bit, but history would sure have been different.

Well, I certainly can't argue with that. This statement is definitely true.

Which month would they migrate in?
Would they pass through Kansas, or New Mexico?
Why would the economy suffer?
Why do you single out blacks migrating, are you a Democrat?
Isn't it hypocritical to not say anything about Native Americans migrating?
Obama migrated to Colorado once and Democrats didn't complain.

/Berz-mode

/Berz-mode

well the real issue is that hillary clinton forced blacks to migrate to Colorado in 1993, making democrats hypocrites and racist drug war

well the real issue is that hillary clinton forced blacks to migrate to Colorado in 1993, making democrats hypocrites and racist drug war

<I have apparently ignored the fact that you answered>

/Berz-mode

Moderator Action: if there still is anything to be discussed without resorting to trolling / counter trolling, go right ahead everyone, if there isn't (and I have a hard time finding anything on last two pages that qualifies) then please feel free to refrain from posting.

No, the point is to remove religious bigotry from the marketplace.

I'm a very active Christian, in a state that the evangelical bane would quickly call a 'bastion of evil anti-religious persecuting lib'ruls.' Guess what, I don't get persecuted at all. Atheists I encounter in real life don't proselytize like the fanatical followers of the church of the non-god I routinely encounter on CFC, they just shrug with a 'to each their own' air and we talk about football, or politics, or the weather, or local history. But no one I've run into in business here runs their business with "religious principles before law" as their guide; not bakers, not pizza makers, not professional photographers...nobody.
I never said it was wrong to give up all your religious freedom. And bigotry can go both ways, or we would not have this thread. I can be tolerant and still stand up for what I believe in. When the time comes, and the US no longer allows one to exercise their ability to practice in good faith their personal beliefs even if they offend others, the vision of this nations birth will come to an end.

It is not doom and gloom though as you point out. Christians have flourished under every type of government known to man. Not sure if that is what you were getting at.

You know, I don't think he would, I'm pretty sure he would be insisting that your question was great and ranting about the Oppression of Real Americans by cosmopolitan liberal elites such as myself.

You're right... but great? I'm flattered, I'd be happy with good or relevant. He wouldn't twitter that to someone he likes, he'd type that to someone he's mad at. So I'm wondering why you and Tim are sharing his moral high ground.

Waging a racist drug war while accusing others of racism is hypocrisy

/Berz-mode

At least you didn't put them in quotes to make it look like they're mine. You seem to really hate questions, did the teeth on your saw dull?

Not disputing this, but could you be specific about when you recognized it?

Oh, a question... DONT ANSWER! Call him stupid instead.

Moderator Action: Appeal has overturned this warning and it has been deleted. leif
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right... but great? I'm flattered, I'd be happy with good or relevant. He wouldn't twitter that to someone he likes, he'd type that to someone he's mad at. So I'm wondering why you and Tim are sharing his moral high ground.

I mean, do you really think the main moral issue with Donald Trump is the insults he tweets at people?

I mean, do you really think the main moral issue with Donald Trump is the insults he tweets at people?

Of course not, nor do I think your main moral issue is insulting people.You've advocated killing people for being 'racist' and given how broadly you define the word I'd expect plenty pf bloodshed if you were in the WH

I'm a very active Christian

you should put that in your sig too

Last edited:
Top Bottom