• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Before toilet paper...

In America, newspaper or the Sears catalog were used before TP became popular.

Just came across a July 2007 National Geographic article about Ötzi the Iceman that mentions finding a kind of moss, neckera complanata, in his possesion used by some peoples as toilet paper. Apparantly Ötzi was using it to wrap food in, so I guess they used it as plastic wrap as well.

You're not angling it properly, if done correctly it should go directly downward into the toilet.
It's not ME, it's other people who use public/shared toilets. They are always soaking wet all over the floor.

And I love my bidet, it's not the same thing at all.

I know that the Romans used sponges and rags rapped around a stick. What we don't know is did every Roman have his/her own sponge or did they share?

Don't forget about the toilet tablet before that.......and people say one ply is rough.
I could see it coming, but still :lol:

I though bidets were for washing your testicles in.
I thought they were water fountains for those with a thirst to quench :twitch:

But seriously, I remember an incident years back when I was in Delhi. There was a beggar on the side of the road asking for money, as beggars tend to. I reached into my pocket and pulled out some cash and offered it over. But she curled back in horror and refused the money. Then I realised that I was offering it with my left hand....

I could see it coming, but still :lol:

I thought they were water fountains for those with a thirst to quench :twitch:

But seriously, I remember an incident years back when I was in Delhi. There was a beggar on the side of the road asking for money, as beggars tend to. I reached into my pocket and pulled out some cash and offered it over. But she curled back in horror and refused the money. Then I realised that I was offering it with my left hand....

I always wondered why some foreigners had issues shaking hands when my right hand was carrying something. Now I'm going to wonder if they are from a non-TP land, where one hand is a potential "sanitary issue"...

From now on, my foreign friends are getting a fist bump, just in case.

Bah, she didn't deserve the money then.

Top Bottom