Berserks01 - Be My Vassal (Round 2)!!!

I see it but won't get to it until Saturday late.

Dry Really Dry Tequilatinis

Looks like the local Quecha needs to head off east as the south is full of Ottomans and Russians once you get across the dry plains

Got the boat in the water and almost know how to cut trees and enslave the population

Mehmed got religion and is now working on the Vedayana.

The scouting Quecha got some experience from the hut - he's now a C2W1

GreyFox said:
Checking in ... the cities sites seems good, wonder if the gold-gem city have enough food to support itself ... I see only one floodplains.

What map are we in?
We're on Terra. The gold gems city should be able to hold its own once we have CS and farm those grassland. It seemed a good production/commerce city to me with plenty of hills and the gold/gems.

Maybe we can throw out another quecha to scout the east after the worker build.

Roster
berserks01
Bede - {just played}
frankcor - UP
DevilJin - {on deck}
Cosmichail
GreyFox - semi-auto-skip {post got it if u can play before I grab it}

frankcor said:
.... Where are we going with research?
That's a good question. We can try for an oracle slingshot, or go straight to IW to see if we have a metal deposit within one of our BFC so we can at least have a fighting chance.

When in doubt, learn the alphabets.

:agree:

Oracle slingshot is a lot tougher with patch. AI builds it pretty quick and we don't have marble do we?

Inherited turn (2950 BC): Not a lot to do here. The worker in Cuzco required 12 more turns to complete, so I just pressed Enter.

IBT: Our Quechua killed an attacking lion.

Turn 1 (2920 BC): Our Quechua needed 3 turns to heal

. . .

Turn 3 (2860 BC): Bronze Working completed and there's only one copper visible. It's located about halfway between Peter and Mehmed's borders and way too far away for us to snag. I started research on Iron Working. And we revolted to Slavery.

Turn 4 (2830 BC): Our Quechua completed healing and I sent him on his way again.

. . .

Turn 7 (2740 BC): Our Quecha finds another Lion:

Turn 8 (2710 BC): Our Quecha survived and started a 2-turn healing cycle

. . .

Turn 10 (2650 BC): Our quecha sets out once again.

. . .

Turn 13 (2560 BC): Cuzco trained a Worker, started another Quechua(11). The worker moves to a forest southeast of town to start chopping.

Turn 14 (2530 BC): We met Brennus:

He seems likeable enough.

. . .

Turn 19 (2380 BC): Cuzco trained a Quechua, started a Settler(19).

Turn 20 (2350 BC): Our Quecha finds India:

Our worker started chopping a 2nd forest to speed the Settler. I suggest he next build a farm on that bannana patch. I didn't see it at first, but there's a 1-tile long river south of Cuzco that will permit us to build farms there.

So that's it. We can use our newest Quechua to explore towards the east and then send him back to garrison our 2nd city. Or we can send him farther and use our garrison at Cuzco to cover 2 cities until we can train another garrison unit. Iron Working is due in 12 turns. If we come up with no metals, we'd better start researching horses.

Here's The Save. Have fun.

It's getting really crowded here, gang.

OK I played, not too much events lets say.

Turn 1- Gandhi has discovered the judaism.

Turn 5- Our Quechua killed a barbarian warrior.

Turn 15- We have finished Iron working, starting The weel.

Turn 16- We met Qin shi huang

Turn 17- We met Ragnar

We have finished settler, now Quechua.

Turn 20- Tiwanaku has been founded in this location. We'll have 2 gems, Iron and gold.(Oh, and don't worry about this Archer, I pressed enter just for checking and he won't enter our borders.)

The area

It appears I am up and this is "I got it" and will likely play later today and tomorrow.

Looks like we got a bit of land to our east. But I'd only settle on cities sites that'd be beneficial to us as I see too many jungle for my taste.

We should also consider when to wage war. At least we don't want to hit the same situation as we did against Freddy in round 1. And we need to watch out for dom limit as well. It's left on to make us "plan" our campaigns better :p

T1
Move worker/quech on iron

T2
Barb archer attacks and looses.

T3
Finish the Wheel start Animal Husbandry.

T4
Quech move out and looks for something to beat up. Build Quech start worker.

T5-T7
Had a nice snooze. We old guys need naps you know. Zzzzzzzz oops sorry nodded off.
Barb archer heading to Tiwanaka move another Quech to protect.

T8
Worker hooks up iron starts a road to capitol

T9-T15
Worker spends some time building roads.
Ok a very aggravating development and makes the warrior in me want to attack soon.

ARGH!!!!! (need I say more)

T16
Finish worker at Cuzco who start road to Tiwanaka to hook up iron for some swords to get that Mehmed dude. Start a settler. (need to expand before these spawn monsters take everything)

T17-T20
Nothing worth reporting except this. Ok need swords time to kick some hiney guys.

Ok this picture says it all. Gandhi we are going to Vassalage you very soon right. Start a sword in Tiwanaka after monument and he’s ready to go but hey a barracks should have been built first so start that. Also Tiwanaka cannot not work all of those gems/gold/iron as there isn’t enough food which is too bad. Not even farming what we have there will do.

The Gandhi settlement is a bit back but nonetheless annoying. How come he is settling miles away from capitol. Should be an easy take since it will take him forever to get troops there and we should do it before he hooks up the iron.

Let's not pull the trigger too soon, here. I did it in the first game and it cost us no end of trouble as we couldn't get a vassal state when we made a peace deal and then the dumbkopf wouldn't take vassalage once we went to war again.

Oh that's what happened with Freddie. I notice too now with patch that's even more difficult. So what do we do we those jerks settling so close. Mehmed I understand but Gandhi ARGH!!!!!

How in the world did Ghandi get a settler that far from his capital ... and why? We need writing and possibly open border to take a look around these guys' cities and find any open spots we can settle.

Top Bottom