1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Grave, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

That's a first.

OK, I didn't run into a problem with Sevopedia. What did you do when you tried to enable the Sevopedia? Details, please! :)

This is what I did to test the Sevopedia just now:

I went back into a custom game, and did the exact same procedure to go back to the vanilla Pedia.

No problems what so ever. :)

2. the_doc

the_doc Chieftain

Error logs? Not sure where are they written too?

3. Grave

4. the_doc

the_doc Chieftain

Attached Files:

5. omglazers

omglazers Warlord

Is the AI aware or able to cope with changes like this?

I just wonder, what with the new 'Expanded City Radius' part.

Before, the AI would put things sharing a BFC but this is going to REALLY make things different if the AI doesn't follow it. Cities will be either much more spread out [good] or just cause more problems [bad]

Either way, looking forward to trying it out

Also, whats the changes, if any, to Odyessy speed. That is by far the best thing of HiTM.

I also have no idea if it really matters but it seems like now all starts I have only begin with stone, nothing or pearls nearby. Nothing else.

Dunno if the generator or the chooser is screwy. I would think I would start EVENTUALLY with a different resource.

6. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

Nice new soundtrack for the main menu, and very nice new interface color. This as far as I can comment on now. So many changes that it won't be fair to toss comments around before giving the whole thing a good trial.

Grave, you know already that we all appreciate your hard work. Thanks a lot for the numerous hours of joy I had, and look forward to have with your mod.

7. xbeanerx

xbeanerx Warlord

8. söör

söör Chieftain

Hi!

Will be later multiplayer then opportunity? I would be glad about him!

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Goodie! New update!:) (The DL page still reads version 1.0 though...:mischief: )

10. Zuul

Zuul Mod lister!

"HISTORY IN THE MAKING v1.00" download page version text :p.

11. logandevil

logandevil Chieftain

It will be great if you add terraforming mod (creation new land dutch polders and new terran small island like friesland ,zeeland)

12. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Prince

Mine hangs on the initializing screen for 10 minutes before I have to just end the process.

13. zoidberg76

zoidberg76 Civ-addict since 1991

Mine works very fine and smooth!

Absolutely no problems, even after I modified the xml-files for a game "my way".

GREAT!

Zoid!

14. maxbjr

maxbjr Warlord

I have the same problem xbeanerx and others have, game CTD when I found the 1st city. I tryed this with several different maps and civs, and get the same result, a CTD.

15. Grave

Oh, that's the PythonErr2 log. According to that, all the python modules loaded just fine.

What I need is the PythonErr.log and PythonDbg.log file for Python, and XML.log for the XML.

I don't really use the City Radius mod very much. The only cities that will really be affected by it is one with Legedary culture. The rest will play like always.

And you're right... we'll see how it turns out. :)

The only changes to Odyssey are from v1.04. I didn't change it much this time around.

:lol:

Probably just bad luck of the draw. I didn't mess much with the ratio of resources (except for ones I added like Hemp, Tea, Tobacco, Salt). The stock resources I left alone.

Thanks, man! :goodjob:

And you're GPUtil.py fix is awesome, BTW. :cool:

You can try multiplayer, I just don't "officially" support it. Just enable it in the INI file.

DOH! :eek:

Thanks for the catch, fellas! :p

I don't get it... it works for some, but not others? :confused:

I don't think I'll ever find a way to fix that, because I don't get any CTD's at all. Hard to fix something if I can replicate it. :)

But I need more details than "just a CTD".

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5541385&postcount=4

Good! Let me know what you think! :crazyeye:

16. maxbjr

maxbjr Warlord

ok, here's a save for you.

i'm using vista 32-bit, normal bts from store bought cd, i think this save was terra 2 map.
    although it's CTD using any map, including normal civ bts maps. no extra mods, clean install, and i cleaned the cache. i was playing the netherlands.

Attached Files:

17. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

Hey Grave

I just want to understand how Mylon's city radius mod works. You said something about that only legendary cities will be affected. Does that means that on other levels a city can't work the additional tiles? Also is it adjustable through some xml tags?

I am so glad that the GPUtils fix worked. I wish I were able to help in a real way with one of the best mods for civ4. I admire the patience and insistence of people like you who can tackle the task of creating and maintaining such a large mod. I know exactly how time consuming, and tiresome this can be. Sometimes it can be quite frustrating as well when something goes wrong while you are sure you did everything right. Keep up the good spirit and the awesome work.

18. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

It can be so stupid to ask but it is patched to 3.13, isn't it?

19. Sepulchre

Sepulchre Chieftain

Hey Grave just to let you know the initialization crash is still happening when attempting to play on the PerfectWorld and Terra maps. Other than that the Mod works great. Thanks for all the long hours you have put into it :)

20. Grave

Thanks, I'll have a look at that later today. :)

They should be able to work the tiles, it' just they'll "share" them. A good way to test (what I did) was to start a new game, go into WorldBuilder, then place a city and give it enough culture to become "Legendary". You'll notice the Fat Cross will be extended by 1 plot all around (3-tile radius).

Yes, I'd all adjustable through XML. You can even remove it if you end up not liking it. :)

You do help... trust me. :)

Hmmm.... PerfectWorld and Terra2 only? Interesting. I have yet to experience a CTD with those two scripts, but if the others work.... :goodjob: