Biden announces he is running for re-election 2024

1. Your cognitive capabilities begin declining multiple decades before you turn 80
2. You grew up in a completely different time and can't relate to the people who are growing up today at all
3. You worked your day job career many decades ago and can't relate to the people who are trying to make ends meet today at all
4. Your moral compass was finetuned multiple generations ago. You are out of touch with the rest of the country to some degree.
5. You could break bones and/or get worse injuries just by falling over.
6. A leader who is close to death doesn't seem like a good idea. Having to replace a leader who died creates instability

6 problems just off the top of my head. The main one is that the younger and working classes are experiencing huge problems. Ideally the person leading the recovery should have some sort of connections to issues like that and some first hand experience with what they are going through.

You missed the most obvious point: He/she DESERVES to retire at 80 years old. It's a demanding job and work-life balance is important. No one is indispensable, and at 65 usually (depending on your job it can go up to 70-75 I'd say, but also down for more physically demanding jobs) you should not need to work anymore. All the other points about leading a country etc are true as well, but how can you enforce a retirement age when your politicians don't care for it?

Like who? Only leader better than Biden is Bernie who is older than him. Yet Bernie is very sound minded.

I don't know American politics enough to say. But are you saying that the Democrats, who represent hundreds of millions of people.. don't have a better candidate than Biden?

That's a bit telling... The best guy they have is almost dead? And I mean, he's not bad in comparison to the other guy.. but that's such a low bar, it's not worth mentioning

Bernie is great, but also too old. I looked it up, he's even older than Biden..

Listen, I get it, the democrats think that the incumbent has the best chance of winning. My point is that your country is ran by old white farts. They are so old they are almost dead. How can they run a country full of young people? Look around you, the whole country is designed to benefit those who have money and power. A leader who is 80+ is a horrible idea, all things considered.

I don't know American politics enough to say. But are you saying that the Democrats, who represent hundreds of millions of people.. don't have a better candidate than Biden?

That's a bit telling... The best guy they have is almost dead? And I mean, he's not bad in comparison to the other guy.. but that's such a low bar, it's not worth mentioning

Bernie is great, but also too old. I looked it up, he's even older than Biden..

Listen, I get it, the democrats think that the incumbent has the best chance of winning. My point is that your country is ran by old white farts. They are so old they are almost dead. How can they run a country full of young people? Look around you, the whole
country is designed to benefit those who have money and power. A leader who is 80+ is a horrible idea, all things considered.

Older demographics tend to vote in larger numbers.

I've veen saying for a while the problem with progressives is that there's not enough of them (not the overall center left to progressives overall).

Here it's around 10% progressives with 35% locked in for center left (inc progressives) and another 5-10% lean center left.

Hard-core GoP types are only 2-4%. Similar amount locked as the left in ranging from conservative through to neo libs and center right.

Actual swing voters maybe 10-15% the ones that lead center left or right may switch if their preferred side is suffering from catastrophic mismanagement they flip.

Last edited:
Biden may not be perfect but Trump set the bar so low that you would need James Cameron to launch an expedition to the bottom of the Mariana Trench to find it.

Biden may not be perfect but Trump set the bar so low that you would need James Cameron to launch an expedition to the bottom of the Mariana Trench to find it.

Scary thing is Trump might win again (unlikely but I wouldn’t completely discount it).

Older demographics tend to vote in larger numbers.

Surely a part of the problem is that younger voters don't feel that they really have representation or a chance of genuine representation. When they look at their leaders, they are all multiple generations older. Why vote if the next elected official is far more likely to resonate with the older crowd anyhow?

Surely a part of the problem is that younger voters don't feel that they really have representation or a chance of genuine representation. When they look at their leaders, they are all multiple generations older. Why vote if the next elected official is far more likely to resonate with the older crowd anyhow?

That's there problem though. I started voting age 18 and never really cared about the age of who I was voting for.

Its completely irrelevant.

It's only recently my age has progressed to the point I'm voting for people similar age to me. Once again irrelevant.

People don't vote for multiple reasons. Also arrogant assuming non voters automatically support your view. Trump increased turnout.

Listen, I get it, the democrats think that the incumbent has the best chance of winning. My point is that your country is ran by old white farts. They are so old they are almost dead. How can they run a country full of young people? Look around you, the whole country is designed to benefit those who have money and power. A leader who is 80+ is a horrible idea, all things coconsidered.
You are out of your mind if you think Bernie is working for money and power. He is probably only politician I can say that is NOT interested in money and Power.

I have never said that I think that Bernie is interested in money or power. A 60 year old Bernie would have been an excellent choice for leader.
80 year old Berinie is still good. Not all 80 year Olds are senail. That is like saying all 20 year Olds are tictok addicts who dose cringe challenges.

At his age, I think he’s more shuffling for re-election.

I took the isidewith 2024 poll: Tim Scott was my top match, 86%. Liz Warren at the bottom, 25%. Biden at 41%. I did not weight any of the questions.

Nobody really appeals to me anyway. :dunno:
I took the quiz... Biden 92%, Christie 30%, Trump 3%, DeSantis 1%. Lols no surprises there.

Trump and Biden aren't the only really old white people that should be elsewhere.
There's McConnell and the woman from CA in her 90s !! for a start.

Feinstein has got to go.

Home. The park. One of those retirement villages an Austria where everyone has Alzheimer’s and if you escape the town square you’re redirected back in by trained staff pretending to be townspeople.

So... The Truman Show?

Aged, members of Congress exiled to a reality show where they are endlessly gaslighted... "Congress? What do you mean Dianne? You aren't a member of Congress, you must have been dreaming... come over here let's play some nice bingo... sit down here next to Mitch, I'll go get you a card"

I'd watch...

According to wikipedia Dianne Feinstein announced in February that she will not be standing for re-election in 2024, so I don't see what the problem is.

Top Bottom