1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BOTWAWKI Revised Thread

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by EQandcivfanatic, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Tecknojock

Tecknojock Keeping the world running

There is still room to join Condor

2. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Yeah! Join us!

3. Condor_green

Condor_green King

Thanks for the offer!
    I don't want to overload myself with too many neses just after coming back so I might join this later, but I will definately watch with interest.

4. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

I'd rather do 1 per week.

I may post my first story soon.

5. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

All right, we'll stick with aiming for one a week. Just thought we could make up for some lost time, but I'm a sucker for the majority rule.

6. ChiefDesigner

ChiefDesigner Sunset Emperor

You have selected the English version.

Welcome to the Guide to Canadian Citizenship!

So you've just become a citizen of the Dominion of Canada! You may be wondering right now, "What does it mean to be a Canadian citizen? What are my rights, duties and obligations?" This document is designed to answer that very question.

What does it mean to be a Canadian citizen?

When you joined the Dominion of Canada, you swore a loyalty oath. It was probably worded like this:

From this day forward, I pledge my loyalty and allegiance to Canada and His Majesty Edmund the Fourth, King of Canada, and his heirs and successors. I solemly swear (or affirm) to respect our country's rights and freedoms, to defend our democratic values, to faithfully observe our laws, to fulfil my duties and obligations as a Canadian citizen, and to safeguard and honour this ancient northern land.

Or, possibly, like one of these:

Dorénavant, je promets fidélité et allégeance au Canada et à Son Majesté Edmund Quatre, Roi du Canada, et à ses héritiers et successeurs. Je m'engage à respecter les droits et libertés de notre pays, à défendre nos valeurs démocratiques, à observer fidèlement nos lois, à remplir mes devoirs et obligations de citoyen(ne) canadien(ne), et à sauvegarder et honorer cet pays boreal ancien.

Dorénavant, j'affirme solennellement que je serai fidéle et porterai sincère allégeance au Canada et à Son Majesté Edmund Quatre, Roi du Canada, et à ses héritiers et successeurs. Je m'engage à respecter les droits et libertés de notre pays, à défendre nos valeurs démocratiques, à observer fidèlement nos lois, à remplir mes devoirs et obligations de citoyen(ne) canadien(ne), et à sauvegarder et honorer cet pays boreal ancien.

1. The King of Canada

You swore loyalty and allegiance to the King of Canada. Because of the history of the Dominion of Canada, the King of Canada is also the King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and every country that has adopted the Statute of Westminster. This is the same oath that every member of Parliament swears... or will swear, when Parliament reconvenes.

Unfortunately, nobody has heard from the King, or, indeed, the United Kingdom, in over eighty years.*

* Did you know? During the American occupation, Canadians were forbidden to swear our oath of loyalty before sessions of Parliament! In fact, our Parliament sat in London. For all we know, they still do.

2. The Rights and Freedoms of a Canadian Citizen

Canada extends equal treatment to all its citizens. That means that no matter who your parents were, you can expect the government to treat you in the same way they would treat anybody else.

Canada is a free, democratic, multicultural country, with two official languages: French and English.

That means that you are allowed to choose your leaders, and practice whatever religions and cultural beliefs you hold--so long as they do not interfere with the freedoms of your fellow citizens, or the laws of the Realm.

3. Our Laws and Democratic Values

Currently, the Emergency Act of 2071 remains in effect until repealed by a duly constituted Parliament, consisting of a quorum of 20 members including their elected Speaker.

Once the Emergency Act is repealed, the largest party in Parliament will be asked by the acting Governor General, the representative of the King of Canada, to form a government.

Members of Parliament are elected from a selected riding, an electoral district that chooses one of its residents to represent them. Any citizen of Canada is eligible to run as a candidate for Parliament; voting in these elections is both one of the rights and one of the duties of being a Canadian citizen.

4. Our Duties and Obligations

It is the duty of citizens of the Dominion of Canada to:

- Obey the laws enacted by the government of Canada.

- Respect the rights and opinions of your fellow citizens.

- Serve and defend the country when asked, whether as a soldier or as a juror.

- Pay taxes.

- Forswear the use of violence against your fellow citizen. Leave justice to courts and judges.

- Vote, so that your voice can be heard by the government, and so you can have a say in how laws are made.

7. Tecknojock

Milarqui, flour city is the one claiming to have a food surplus, they want water from you for their food.

8. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Yeah, I know.

9. Tecknojock

Sorry, I guess I misread your reply to them I guess. It sounded to me like you were saying you didn't have a food surplus to trade.

10. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

I know what I said, TJ. When I wrote that message, I thought it was that they had the water surplus, but later I saw that they had the food surplus and I didn't go and changed the message.

11. Tecknojock

That wasn't sarcasm. I figured that I may have honestly misread your message.

12. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

I know it wasn't sarcasm, TJ. Don't worry.

13. Blaze Injun

Blaze Injun Night Radio KYSE

Hey,

OOC
    New Frostburk orders sent.

Blaze Injun

14. thomas.berubeg

Narwhal Imperial Republic orders sent.

15. Tecknojock

Appalachian Commonwealth Orders Sent.

16. badunoff

badunoff Prince

will send orders around 10

17. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

You really don't have to do the whole "orders sent" thing. I have them, so we're good.

Anyways, this'll be the 16ish hour warning for the rest of you. As usual, orders will still be accepted until the moment of posting

18. thomas.berubeg

To be honest, it's my way of pushing and reminding people to send on time... ;)

19. Blaze Injun

Blaze Injun Night Radio KYSE

Hey,

OOC

I do it for the same reason. :D

Blaze Injun

20. badunoff

badunoff Prince

orders sent.

I do it because there was a moment when none of my PMs would get through, so I want the mod to tell me if they need it resent before I delete the document or something.