• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Boycott the European Football Championship?

...At least football can be of use sometimes, otherwise it's just so ridiculously boring that I struggle to understand why people keep watching it.

On a side note:

I think it's only right to remind those in charge in Kiev that the rest of Europe knows what they're doing. I share your scepticism about the sincerity of the politicians' motives, but still.
If they cared, they would emphasize the situation of regular demonstrants or critical journalists more. But I guess it's better for PR to declare solidarity with someone who looks like an angel, even if she is probably a corrupt oligarch in reality.

At least football can be of use sometimes, otherwise it's just so ridiculously boring that I struggle to understand why people keep watching it.
What would you suggest? Baseball? :lol:

On a side note:

:lol: Who is the one who offed him?

If they cared, they would emphasize the situation of regular demonstrants or critical journalists more. But I guess it's better for PR to declare solidarity with someone who looks like an angel, even if she is probably a corrupt oligarch in reality.

Agreed. Tymoshenko is more of a symbol then a real heroine. It is useful though to put a reasonably pleasant face on the Ukrainian opposition.

What would you suggest? Baseball? :lol:

That's one of the few team sports that's more boring than football. Personally, the only game of this sort I can watch is hockey. Mainly because something actually happens during the 60 minutes of gameplay.

Yeah, because the people keeping her in arrest are paragons of moral purity :rolleyes:

Hey, it's still better than both sides being corrupt scumbags and protecting each other. I prefer it when they go for each others' throats.

So hockey is the only team sport where something happens? That's a bold claim.

The fact that a) I think football is boring as hell, and b) hockey is the one team sport I sometimes follow, doesn't imply that I believe that hockey is the only team sport which is reasonably interesting. So I am not actually making any bold claims.

Hey, it's still better than both sides being corrupt scumbags and protecting each other. I prefer it when they go for each others' throats.

I prefer it when the government doens't throw the leader of the opposition in jail, just to silence the opposition.

Sometimes it obviosly IS justifiable to put a politician in jail. Silvio Berlusconi is an obvious example. I don't know much about Julia Tymoshenko, so i don't have an opnion on her case. But it shure smells like rotten. It smells like a shaky brand of "democracy", going in the wrong direction.

Top Bottom