Breaking Bad!!

Spoiler :
So this is getting pretty interesting. Kind of interesting how they're playing it as Walt coming full circle, with a cancer diagnosis being an impetus for a major life change and him hiding it from his family. But he's a fundamentally changed man now, so that means he can't settle into his new lifestyle. It is interesting seeing Jesse's attitude of penitence contrasting with Walt's desire to be fondly thought of. I look forward to seeing how that contrast develops. Also, HE KNOWS AND HE KNOWS HE KNOWS AND HE KNOWS HE KNOWS HE KNOWS AAAAAAAH!

That was kind of disappointing.
Not a bad episode, far from it, but I watched it with a friend and we were both led to believe that something huge was going to happen.

Argh ! Voyager is in the delta quadrant ! Gamma quadrant is DS 9 !

They're the same thing... and Enterprise had (as the article points out) protein resequencers for food. But, this is a Doctor Who thread, so unless Scott Bakula is the next Doctor, we should probably move to a different thread or just fade away :)

I've plowed through the first two seasons, and I've loved this show so far...although avoiding spoilers when basically everybody else on the internet is watching the show is pretty hard. I'm hoping the show doesn't get SO dark and depressing that I can't handle finishing it.

They're the same thing... and Enterprise had (as the article points out) protein resequencers for food. But, this is a Doctor Who thread, so unless Scott Bakula is the next Doctor, we should probably move to a different thread or just fade away :)

This is the Breaking Bad thread, which I suppose makes it even more irrelevant.

Oh my. Either I took way too much meth or my TARDIS took a wrong turn at Albuquerque...

Tonight, we saw the episode they filmed in our neighborhood. Mike was in a park with his granddaughter and the police come looking for him. That park is a stone's throw from our house and is the one our kids played in growing up. they even called it by its right name.

The shows accuracy lies in the fact that it was filmed here and shows what things look like. All of the desert scenes show what it is like 15 minutes out of town. As for the rest, it is incomplete. The seedy parts of town do look as shown and are pretty unattractive. Walter White's house is not far from where I live, and his neighborhood is typical of the many neighborhoods built in the 1970s and 1980s.

I think what is missing is any sense of the overall city. How it fills a large landscape from the Rio Grande to the foot hills of the Sandia Mts. Better known cities have areas that folks already know: Brooklyn, Hollywood, Bel Aire, Malibu, Queens, etc. Albuquerque has such pockets, but the show did not create an image for them. Hank lives in the foot hills with expansive views of the mountains and the valley. The show treats the city as mundane without including any of the really interesting stuff. with the exception of the desert scenes, the story took precedence over the locations. The story ignored the 10,500 ft mountain that blocks all eastward expansion of the city and which completely dominates ones sense of place when here. If I had to choose, I would say that ignoring the mountain took away much of Albuquerque's personality as a city. Here are some pics of the city and its mountain. It is about 10-12 miles from the Rio Grande to the mountain.

Attachments

• Sandias.jpg
    Sandias.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 76
  • abq_2010_mp_pic_02.jpg
    abq_2010_mp_pic_02.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 89
Damn the 5x14 was great! The last 10 minutes gave me the chills

Spoiler :
I'm thinking that Hank will probably die.

Damn the 5x14 was great! The last 10 minutes gave me the chills

Spoiler :
I'm thinking that Hank will probably die.
5x13, actually.
But yeah, that script is pure genius.
Spoiler :
Except, it was kind of...dumb to have several people open full-auto fire on Hank and Gomez both standing in clear sight and NOT just hit them then and there.

Spoiler :
Except, it was kind of...dumb to have several people open full-auto fire on Hank and Gomez both standing in clear sight and NOT just hit them then and there.

AMC inconsistency...

Spoiler :
Contrast that with Walking Dead, the final farm climatic scene when everyone was getting spot on head shots at distance against moving zombies, at night, whilst firing out of the back of moving vehicles and whatnot! :lol:

So apparently Saul Goodman is getting his own spinoff show on AMC. Curious... always thought he was funny, but it would be weird for it to degenerate into a CSI week in week out kind of show...

Top Bottom