Browse Mods > Online > Shows list then disappears

i have posted on the 2k forums about this issue, if i get a response over there i will post it here.

Thanks emril, still have not heard anything from the 2k support team...surprise! This maybe a steam issue, I might try that route.

lately (since the latest update?) its been a little better, in that the list does not disappear by itself, but if I click on a mod, it disappears and doesn't reappear, so it's still unusable.
I tried disabling my virus scanner (about all I could think of) and that did not work.

It is not really a fix, which is needed, but I was able to plug the computer directly into the modem bypassing the router, start it up, download the mods i want and then plug my router back in. Not something i'm going to do often but it might be worth a try.

hmm does that imply it could be port forwarding or something along those lines?

Modbrowser works for moments before all the mods disappear, i ran several diagnostics on it and selecting modbrowser causes the internet and network to fail. All ports are correctly forwarded. Please don"t give primitive suggestions.

Hardwiring with modem is impossible as desktop is too far away

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

Hello there!

My mod browser works when ever he wants. And it's really annoying... Let me explain...

When I open the game and start the mod browser it works fine for 1 or 2 minutes where I can download any mod, but after that it just clears the list of mods and I can´t search for more; the same happens if I change the page.

I can install and play the ones I've downloaded but can't browse for more. I have to get out of the browser for a while and try again 2 or 3 times till the list comes back again.

Can anyone tell me how can I fix this really annoying bug?

Thanks in advance

I have the sammmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeee problem shoooottt meee i bought the game, and i think the Skidrow version doesn't do that! wtf?

no comment about the OP or no comment about illegally obtained games?

It is not really a fix, which is needed, but I was able to plug the computer directly into the modem bypassing the router, start it up, download the mods i want and then plug my router back in. Not something i'm going to do often but it might be worth a try.

Thanks Elwist. This does indeed work and is not very hard if your modem and router are easily accessible. You don't need to shut down your computer or anything, just move your connections, start the game, download all the mods you need and then you're on your way. Some of the mods actually make the game far better (i.e. the balance mod which speeds up city production).

ok so now i am at my friends house and i can see the mod list just find, but when i click download, the mod just sits there at queued and does nothing. odd.....

ha ha. nvm it was bc i was running the blizzard downloader at the same time.

some of you mentioned that it works if you plug straight into the modem, and bypass the router, so i checked my router settings and turned off the ROUTER firewall, and presto, everyhitng works great. hope this helps.

Top Bottom