Browse Mods > Online > Shows list then disappears

I've got the same problem - is there anywhere else from where we can get the patches and mods?

Ive been having a strange issue with the in-game mod browser, that after a few seconds of listing mods online, the browsing screen would go blank. I am able to install what mods i select before this blanking with no difficulty, but the lack of browsing capabilities limits my seelction dramatically.

Civ 5 and Steam are both stored on my C drive. Does anyone have any information/theories as to why the browser would fail? Any help is appreciated.

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

ive been having multiple problems with the mod browser. at first whenever i tried enabling a mod it would say "another version of this mod is already enabled", now whenever i go to the online section a loading icon appears and nothing happens. BIG ISSUE, NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Excellent, it appeared my problem was simply router firewall. Thanks for the help.

Belkin wireless router, on a Vista OS. Went into control panel - network and sharing center - selected the connection. This brought me to the company's website, and allowed me to use my network's password to enable or disable different things, including the router's firewall. This allowed full mod browsing

I have basically the same setup, Belkin Wireless-N router, Windows Vista 64-bit Home Edition, and was experiencing this problem. I turned off my router's firewall, and the problem is resolved. Also, I only recently got this new router, was using a Linksys router previously and never had the problem, so pretty sure it is the router itself. Anyone who finds a specific port or anything like that we can forward to download mods while leaving the firewall turned on, information would be greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom