[BTS Module] Israel

I tried loading this into a different mod...got almost everything to work okay, but now the cities don't have any houses. (Buildings that are constructed appear as they're supposed to, but if there are no buildings, there's no indication that there's a city there.) Any idea as to what I left out?

I tried loading this into a different mod...got almost everything to work okay, but now the cities don't have any houses. (Buildings that are constructed appear as they're supposed to, but if there are no buildings, there's no indication that there's a city there.) Any idea as to what I left out?

That's strange...because normally, as you are probably aware, when a city is created, there are automatically buildings there (the city art). Did you mess around with the ArtStyles at all? That could be the problem...that there's a wrong reference somewhere in the XML.

That's strange...because normally, as you are probably aware, when a city is created, there are automatically buildings there (the city art). Did you mess around with the ArtStyles at all? That could be the problem...that there's a wrong reference somewhere in the XML.

Yes, I did -- I took parts of the mod and added them to another, instead of using the modular system.

Yes, I did -- I took parts of the mod and added them to another, instead of using the modular system.

Hmm...that's probably your problem, merging mods is a difficult tasks, and sometimes it gets complicated to keep track of everything. I would probably go through it one-by-one and check for errors...its tedious, but its a solution.

Yeah, I figured that, but would you happen to know which XML file is likeliest to control the issue? I've been going thru them and don't see any errors.

I did notice, however, that in the Leaderheads XML file, Solomon's favorite religion is listed as "RELIGION_CHRISTIANITY". David's and Ben-Gurion's favorite religions are listed as "NONE". I don't claim to be an expert on the matter, but I suspect that a little more flavor could be added to the mod by changing all three to "RELIGION_JUDAISM".... ;)

Did you alter the relationship values in the Leaderheads XML (the values that control how likely the leaders will go to war, how likely they are to trade techs/resources with other civs, etc.) at all? If not, from which leaders did you copy them?

Yeah, I figured that, but would you happen to know which XML file is likeliest to control the issue? I've been going thru them and don't see any errors.

The XML files you might want to look at are the Civilization Infos in the ArtStyle tag. I'm not 100% sure what the problem is, but I'm giving you the best I've got.

Problem seems to have been that "ARTSTYLE_ISRAEL" was set as the Civilization's artstyle, but then there was no definition for it anywhere else. I changed this to 'ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST" and the game worked fine (without having to get rid of the flavor unit arts, which is apparently controlled by "UNIT_ARTSTYLE_ISRAEL" (which is defined in CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml).

Thanks again for the mod!

Problem seems to have been that "ARTSTYLE_ISRAEL" was set as the Civilization's artstyle, but then there was no definition for it anywhere else. I changed this to 'ARTSTYLE_MIDDLE_EAST" and the game worked fine (without having to get rid of the flavor unit arts, which is apparently controlled by "UNIT_ARTSTYLE_ISRAEL" (which is defined in CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml).

Thanks again for the mod!

That was probably it! Perhaps you downloaded the VD version and didn't copy in the units. At least you got it working!

I really think that the "Israeli" leader should be Caiaphas or perhaps it should be Barabas… :D

Cheers!

I'm not very good at hebrew, so I probably couldn't. But in your case, you could listen to the English recordings (if your American), or the language your most fluent in, and translate it to hebrew. It would be truly great if I could get some Hebrew recordings!!

First off, thank you for this wonderful mod. This was the one civ that I thought that the game lacked. Well done!:goodjob:

I can speak Hebrew rather well. What would I need to do in order to get you the translated recordings for your mod?

First off, thank you for this wonderful mod. This was the one civ that I thought that the game lacked. Well done!:goodjob:

I can speak Hebrew rather well. What would I need to do in order to get you the translated recordings for your mod?

Well, you could translate the English Order/Select Sounds into Hebrew and record them. If you could do that, it would be great!

Well, you could translate the English Order/Select Sounds into Hebrew and record them. If you could do that, it would be great!

Where would I find the english audio files? Would my standard computer mic work? I guess I could mimic the emotion of the english files when translating into Hebrew. It may take some time when I'm freed up.

Where would I find the english audio files? Would my standard computer mic work? I guess I could mimic the emotion of the english files when translating into Hebrew. It may take some time when I'm freed up.

You would find it in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Units\

It will be the "AmericaOrder" or "AmericaSelect" sounds

You would find it in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Sounds\Units\

It will be the "AmericaOrder" or "AmericaSelect" sounds

I found the audio files.

This will be easier than I thought and I'll get to have some fun translating orders. I will number each file by the order in which they came and rename them as "HebrewOrder" and "HebrewSelect". I hope to have this done soon. I'll keep you posted. :cool:

Esnaz,

If there is any other files you would like me to translate, let me know.

Esnaz,

If there is any other files you would like me to translate, let me know.

No thanks, but really, thanks a million! Its great to finally get some good Hebrew translations! :D

No thanks, but really, thanks a million! Its great to finally get some good Hebrew translations! :D

I'll get them to you this weekend sometime.

Did you ever get my question about the Israel mod? I can get it to load, but then no Israel in the civ options. I changed the module xml to "1" in all the right places.

I'll get them to you this weekend sometime.

Did you ever get my question about the Israel mod? I can get it to load, but then no Israel in the civ options. I changed the module xml to "1" in all the right places.

Are you sure you put it in the right location (Beyond the Sword\Mods)?
Did you load it correctly? (Main Menu-->Advanced-->Load a Mod-->Esnaz's Israel Mod)?

People have had this problem before, its just a question of figuring out why

Are you sure you put it in the right location (Beyond the Sword\Mods)?
Did you load it correctly? (Main Menu-->Advanced-->Load a Mod-->Esnaz's Israel Mod)?

People have had this problem before, its just a question of figuring out why

Yes, I put it in the Program files directory of Beyond the Sword\Mods, and loaded it the correct way in the game Menu. I think that I will try re-download the mod, and try it again, perhaps something got messy during the downloading process. If you think of anything else that may help, please let me know.

Ok, I re-installed the mod into the mod folder as I should. I then loaded the mod in the game, still no Israel. But, I went ahead and chose another civ to play in the Israel mod. When the game loaded to the playing screen a message popped up that read...

"XML Error-
Tag:LEADER_BEN_GURION in info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Gameinfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml"

It also had the same error for David and Solomon pop up.

Any suggestions?

Top Bottom