[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

First of all I love this mod, you have made imho the greatest game ever. My question, after playing a few games, first I noticed that you do not need to mine minerals to get the units associated with them(ie iron and swordsman) as long as the mineral was within your cultural boundries. However this last game I am playing I do not have iron in my boundries and am still able to get swordsmen. Have I misssed something?(and i did not settle on iron)

Ahh ballsack! this was for new dawn. Sorry

which of the links do I download? do I need ANY previous version/patches/updates/expansion of the previous version of rise of mankind?

which of the links do I download? do I need ANY previous version/patches/updates/expansion of the previous version of rise of mankind?

You do not need previous versions.

I have a problem with this mod:
When I try to run mod with custom advanced start it locks up.
Can this problem be fixed?

I have a problem; playing with 50 Civs on a random archipelago map, biggest map size and marathon speed. My computer spec is good enough (I think) but every go or so, the game freezes and it takes ageeeeees between go's. I'm still BC and each go is taking forever!
Is this because there are 50 civs? Now 44, tried wiping a few out to make the game go quicker and that took ages. Oh, I can't enter World Builder without it freezing either, suggestions? Cheers :)

If you are posting about Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn then this is the wrong thread.

This mod is no longer being worked upon and hasn't now for quite some time.

You should try Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn or maybe Caveman2Cosmos. The latter was based on RoM but has diverged and expanded on it so there are fewer and fewer similarities.

You do not need previous versions.

If you are posting about Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn then this is the wrong thread.

This mod is no longer being worked upon and hasn't now for quite some time.

You should try Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn or maybe Caveman2Cosmos. The latter was based on RoM but has diverged and expanded on it so there are fewer and fewer similarities.

thank you. which of the links do I download from? is the any add-ons/expansions for rom2?

thank you. which of the links do I download from? is the any add-ons/expansions for rom2?

Downlaod the first in thOP "Download Rise of Mankind 2.92 (torrent)"

There are a large number of addons for RoM 2. More religions, subdue animals and more. I suggest you check out the RoM forum.

If you are after more then Caveman 2 Cosmos maybe for you.

People really should consider looking at C2C (ROM is in of it and improved!),

It is a Mammoth progression. Things have been fixed.
They are truly making strides in keeping the spirit of ROM forward and are open to changing ideas and participation.
They have pioneered adding resources past normal limits, and are actively aiming high!
It is the new community effort!

Check it out, they welcome comments!:)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=449

I love it! and I loved ROM.

I tried C2C early this year, and had trouble installing it. Maybe I'll try again.

I tried C2C and found much to my liking. But the performance is horrendous. It runs so much slower than RTM that it was essentially unplayable. So I'm back to enjoying RTM.

I tried C2C and found much to my liking. But the performance is horrendous. It runs so much slower than RTM that it was essentially unplayable. So I'm back to enjoying RTM.

I have to disagree on the run time. It's all relevant to you computer capabilities, especially your vid card and Ram.

By the way, what is RTM? Or did you mean RoM (Rise of Mankind)? Just wanted to be clear.

JosEPh :)

I was playing c2c today for a couple of hours, only standard map but had high graphics settings + animations on, but no animation or unit paging for non-visible, i got 8gb ram, 1gb gpu i7 win764bit etc and it crashed twice so i had to turn off animations and change to medium graphics with no anti-aliasing and seemed fine after that, but quit anyway. Too many barbarian animals and stuff lol they're everywhere =)
Oh and it pissed me off how, *im deciever trait, beelined alphabet, got 2 spies out early (so they could rack up experience but as soon as i got into oppositions territory spies were discovered straight away.. was gay.

I was playing c2c today for a couple of hours, only standard map but had high graphics settings + animations on, but no animation or unit paging for non-visible, i got 8gb ram, 1gb gpu i7 win764bit etc and it crashed twice so i had to turn off animations and change to medium graphics with no anti-aliasing and seemed fine after that, but quit anyway. Too many barbarian animals and stuff lol they're everywhere =)
Oh and it pissed me off how, *im deciever trait, beelined alphabet, got 2 spies out early (so they could rack up experience but as soon as i got into oppositions territory spies were discovered straight away.. was gay.

Did you get the Patch from the Patch thread that fixed an early game CTD? Are you using the Main D/L version (patch is for this version) or the SVN version which is in constant state of change?

Spies and early tracker units can be spotted by dog units and other "special' units, like the thief and rogue line.

Seems to me you wanted a vanilla BtS mod to "do your thing" and found out you need to learn the Mod to adjust. No sympathy here.

JosEPh :)

C2C runs better than AND or ROM ever did for me, and I loved both. Not to mention it is getting better and better all the time by leaps and bounds.
People should really try it out.

C2C runs better than AND or ROM ever did for me, and I loved both. Not to mention it is getting better and better all the time by leaps and bounds.
People should really try it out.

Does the mod CTD every few hours still? Until modders can find a fix for this issue, (like how Civ 3 modders found a fix for the hard coded unit and city caps), these EPIC mods will sadly be unappealing. :(

I haven't had any CTD's with C2C, and I play it all the time with a 4 year old pc with a (GEM) Giant Earth Map.
It is very stable now, CTD's only come when the MODTEAM is building in new features and they squash them pretty quickly.
It runs faster than AND and ROM for me, especially in later eras.

Hi,

I have encountered an annoying freeze at exactly the same turn in the late renaissance time. It is not crashing and I can still access all info screens but the turn just never ends ( i run it 20 min so i don t think it makes sense to wait much longer , normal time is right now about 10 sec). I read that it might have to do with the revolutionary mod and removing some revolting units, but my cities are all stable so I am not sure if I should look for revolting cities at the AI and delete them? Is there any way I can save my game?

Thanks.

I went down the exact same logic you did, quite a few games. I even tried deleting a bunch of barb and AI cities. I didn't have any luck. Eventually, every time I had to give up on the game and start a new one. When you do so, do a custom game and disable Revolutions. That should prevent it from happening again, at least.

Top Bottom