BTS Screenshots Repository

Yes, every city housing a corporation gets the benefits (according to the BtS Info Center thread). So spreading your corporation to an enemy civ, they will get the produced resources. The flipside is that they have to pay you money (if you own the corporate headquarters)

Thanks. This is definitely going to make corps really interesting.

Make that Shaka. Monty is generally a pushover from the renaissance and onwards ;)

Maybe, but i don´t have Warlords (which is one of the many reasons why i can´t wait for BTS).

Many thanks, Watiggi!!!

The Baray isn't horrible...give the additional food a chance. That's another mine you can work, maybe. And quicker growth to larger city sizes.

But it looks amazing!!! I think it's the most beautiful building in the game.

Good to see that Garden and Ziggurat have been improved. Woodsman III looks like ultimate promotion for all units that can get it. I saw from Next War screenshot, that there are 2 techs leading to Superconductor. What's the another (Computers is in picture)? Good to see that Superconductor image is different from Fiber Optics. I noticed there was an error in Civilopedia. Strategy section said that Ballista Elephant is a Melee unit, did anybody else notice?

And, could you post Civilopedia entry for Moai Statues, please?

Great job posting this info, thanks.

Could we see a screen-cap of the Road to War scenario techtree?

Great job posting this info, thanks.

Could we see a screen-cap of the Road to War scenario techtree?

You asking the wrong Aussie. Dale Im sure could do that, since he wrote it ;)

Wow. Amazing, I can't wait for this game to come to the US. I'm pissing my pants waiting as other play the game...

This is amazing!! We didn't even know half of the changes that took place, there are so many other cool changes!! Forts, extra promos, etc etc etc etc etc (sorry, I am getting over excited :crazyeye: )...

I can't wait........I am going to......play Warlords to pass the time.

Awesome, awesome topic. Mad props for keeping us informed Wattigi.
Another small question: are more wonders than the ones announced? If so, which are their effects? And what about the new terrain generation algorimth? Is it better than the old one?

I wonder about the culturally individual art styles mentioned in the rule changes. Does this mean for example an Inca tank would look different to a Russian, or does it just concern ancient units? Maybe only workers, scouts and settlers??

Too bad they didn´t include a graphical modernisation of buildings. It looks silly having modern metropolises with ancient aqueducts, colloseums, granaries and palaces.

excellent excellent excellent...
you're doing us a very great favor here, Watiggi...

if you don't mind, can you get some screenies of the leaders and their greeting texts?

It looks silly having modern metropolises with ancient aqueducts, colloseums, granaries and palaces.

Really? I don't mind it, especially because it looks pretty sweet in real life when those sorts of things are kept around!

I bought a copy of 'Beyond the Sword' today (Wednesday July 18th) in a shop called the Music Store in the center of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. It was the only store in the city that sold the game as far as I could tell. They had multiple copies, so if you live in or around Rotterdam, you can get your own copy there.

If theres any errors in the links or other omissions, PM me and I'll fix it

Index of BtS Screenshots
Latest update July 22nd. Includes everything in the Screenshot Repository up to page 30, plus loads of stuff from other threads.

Thanks to Watiggi, xfactor99, DennisIran, Suspiria, Koelle, Polycrates, Eozenig, QwertyKey, Chiyu, Tsukasa, Lars_Domus, Jamesds,Mesousa, DrewBledsoe and DaveMcW for taking the time to post these screenshots! :goodjob:
(Screenshot poster names are to the image links. Screenshots with no poster listed were posted by Watiggi.)
For more screenshots, see:
The Beyond the Sword Info Center thread
The Beyond the Sword Gallery Has screenshots of: Public Transportation, National Park, Intelligence Agency, Industrial Park, Hippodrome (Byzantine UB), Feitoria (Portugese UB), Dike (Dutch UB), Customs House, Ball Court (Mayan UB) and much, much more (scenarios etc.)
Gamespot: Beyond the Sword Screenshots (external link)
and, of course, The official 2K games BtS website (external link)

If theres any errors in the links or other omissions, PM me and I'll fix it

thanks for posting the information before actually playing a game... a lesser man such as myself could not have done that!

although I am torn about reading all these screenshots.. I want to experience the game new when I get it. but I can't avert my eyes!!

that foreign advisor screen with the spreadsheet of numbers for the diplomatic points is just horrible. how do you read it... which way do the points go, across or down?? I really hate that screen.

Thanks Wattigi and frob2900, good job on giving us lots of useful information! This is soooo cooooll!!!!

Wow, this is great stuff. I just finished reading the entire thread, 230+ posts! Many thanks to Watiggi for taking the time to share the excitement with us all.

Personally some new features I find interesting are:

- Religions no longer grant visibility within a city
- All national wonders now provide +1 gpp instead of +2
- Your first golden age requires only one gp, rather than two
- Enemies entering your territory are marked with a red indicator
- If a city is blockaded by a privateer while two nations are at peace, the blockading player will receive a portion of the gold from the blockaded routes

If you're like me you've spent a fair bit of time on this thread, looking at Watiggis fantastic BtS screenshots, so for convenience I've made an index of the screenshots.

Thanks and please keep this list updated. It makes my job a whole lot easier. Granted, I'll be lucky if I have everything updated prior to in coming out here in the US. :sad:

So much information, so little time....

Top Bottom