1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by alerum68, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

For some reason I can't disable Sevopedia. I uncheck the boxes, and restart BUG 3.6, but when I go into the Pedia after restart, BUG is still using the Sevopedia. And the boxes are even unchecked. Strange...

2. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

If you're going into the Civilopedia from the main menu, BUG hasn't loaded at that point. The only way to disable Sevopedia from the main menu is to modify [Custom]Assets/Python/Contrib/SevoPedia/SevoPediaUtil.py and change the True to False on line 19 IIRC.

3. Grave

Grave 1 Goat = 400 Horses

Ok, I'll try that.

But it's also doing it even when I start a new game. All Sevo related boxes are unchecked, but the Sevopedia is still showing up. All the INI files are also showing "False", too. I'm using vanilla BUG 3.6 to test this, BTW (not any merged mods).

4. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

Okay, it should definitely honor your settings from within a game. I'll check it out, thanks.

5. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Dunno if this was solved with 3.6 ( still using 3.5.1 .... )

BUG poll doesn't take vassals vote rules in account ( from a joking around Earth 1000 AD game in a level far below mine :D )
    Spoiler :

I'm short of CFC space, but I have the save avaliable if you want.

6. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

that looks totally weird. Can you email me the save. 'my_nick' at yahoo dot com.

7. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Save sent..... from my nick at hotmail.com

8. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

That bug has been fixed. It isn't a problem with BUG not counting correctly. It is actually an issue with BUG getting the right candidate - all the numbers on the above pics are right - its just that it is showing Isabella when it should be showing Charlemagne.

9. Cybah

Cybah Emperor

10. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

@Cybah - I've fixed the problem with the city built event. Eventually I'll learn never to commit without testing first. :mad: Eventually . . .

As for the Sevopedia, I'll have to install BUG as a mod and try again, but it had worked before. I'll post later what I find.

11. Cybah

Cybah Emperor

Thanks for the first fix so far. Your support is great. :)

12. Cybah

Cybah Emperor

any sevopedia bug news?

13. Clovis13

Clovis13 Chieftain

Hi,

I've just installed the BUG Mod for the fist time (version 3.6) and I seem to encounter some troubles...

Everything seems to work fine, BUT my game "has lost" its regular icons :confused:.

1. CITY SCREEN : the happy / unhappy / healthy / unhealthy faces don't show anymore.
    In the upgraded trade routes zone, I can't see the commerce / food / hammer icons.

2. DOMESTIC ADVISOR : Well here again, I have no "regular" icons above the various columns (the buildings, wonders... icons show up in the new specific research / culture /... screens).

3. ALERTS : when I receive an alert for potential production acceleration through slavery, there are no icons (citizen / hammer / unhappy) in the message.

4. SCORE BOARD : No icons there again, just the score, names and some added values. So I can't see the religions of the other empires for instance...

I've downloaded the latest version 3.6 .exe file and I selected the first single player option when installing.

I play BTS with the 3.17 patch on vista. I have no other mod installed (ever).

I join 2 screen shots (city screen and domestic advisor) to illustrate my despair :cry:

Hope you can help me.
    Thanks in advance and for the great job you did with the BUG mod (excepted this little icon problem, the rest is just great :goodjob:)

Attached Files:

14. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

@Clovis13 - I've read about this icon three times now. Twice were German versions of the game, and I think the other was Vista but I don't recall. Are you running anything but the normal English version of your O/S or the game? CivComplete, CivGold, Steam version? Anything like that?

For two of the others, reinstalling Civ/BTS/BUG (I know, that sucks) from scratch solved their problem. I never heard back from the third person (someone posted a link here to the German CFC site IIRC).

I always hate to ask someone to reinstall everything, but given that that works, I don't see how BUG could be the culprit. If it is something we did, I would really like to know and fix it. So please if you do this, follow up with the result (hopefully positive!) and let us know any other specific information you can think of that is different from the norm.

15. Nishdog

Nishdog Isolationist Bastard

I've started having issues with BUG after a recent SVN update. I am getting the following message as a game first starts up:
    BugCore - mod strategyOverlay not initialized; removing
    BugInit - cannot find XML file for mod BetterAI
    BugPath - cannot find asset file BetterI.xml in Config

In addition to this, I noticed today that I cannot access the Civilopedia from the main screen when I first start the Civ program. I can access it once I'm in a game, though.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

16. Clovis13

Clovis13 Chieftain

@ EmperorFool :

Thanks for your answer.
    I run the normal French version of Vista.
    Could that be problem?
    I will try to install the game on my XP Laptop later today (might even be a english XP :D).
    If this work then the problem will be solved... although this laptop is an old slow buggy beast reaching retirement, so I might only be able to play tiny maps!

For CIV, it's the complete English edition.

The bad news is that I've already tried the little trick to uninstall / reinstall to whole CIV / Patch / BUg combo and .... I still have no icons showing :crazyeye:
    I tried again with the 3.51.zip version with the same result, and then again with 3.6.exe. SO I've already been through the un-/reinstall process 3 times.
    And changing OS version is a much longer job than just changing a game. :cry:

Well Thanks again and I'll post the resulst of my testing on XP later on.

Bye

17. Nishdog

Nishdog Isolationist Bastard

Please ignore the part of this post regarding the BetterAI issues. I found my answer here:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=296534

But I am still having issues with the Civilopedia. The odd part is the pedia does not work upon loading BtS, but if I start a game, and then exit out to the main menu, the pedia will work again. No big problem, though...just more incentive to start a game ;)

Thanks.

18. EmperorFool

EmperorFool Deity

@Clovis13 - Sorry to hear that. CivComplete, eh? Just for kicks, could you please post the original font asset file Assets/Res/Fonts/GameFont_75.tga? I want to compare it to my original font file.

19. Cybah

Cybah Emperor

Just updated to the latest SVN. Now you can see cities from unknown civs again? Thought this got fixed:

Or is this caused by not updating bugcore? (did not update bugcore because of the sevopedia bug)

20. Cybah

Cybah Emperor

And what's this? (Never seen before, must be caused by your BUG update)

Another screen: