Bug reports and technical issues

I had the same error.
So i tried it second time, where i just copy the new DoC 1.11 without Varietas Delectat. Now it works. But i cant select the Columbians in the 1700ad scenario? Brazil and Argentinia is possible.

I had the same error.
So i tried it second time, where i just copy the new DoC 1.11 without Varietas Delectat. Now it works. But i cant select the Columbians in the 1700ad scenario? Brazil and Argentinia is possible.

Colombia cannot be played from the start menu for they are a respawn of the Mayans. Since the game mechanics only allows you to play from spawns and not respawns, you must wait until their respawn time playing another civilization and then flip over to the Columbians respawn.

I have the exact same problem as Sikandar, but for me it only started after I installed VD & EC.

I should have specified that I had all optional add-ons too. I'm about to try vanilla DOC.

Edit: DOC works by itself. I'll add the add ons one by one to determine which one is causing the problem. First up is Blue Marble.

Edit2: Blue Marble passes the test. Now Soundtrack.

Edit3: Soundtrack module causes the errors. VD not installed.

I'd like to say when I downloaded VD it also had an error for me regarding civics in XML Gameinfo, however, replacing it with non-VD gameinfo fixed the problem.

While updating my diplomusic modmod to 1.11, I found out that a number of leaders don't have their Industrial/Modern/Future era intro music and war music tag. They only go as far as the Renaissance:
<DiplomacyIntroMusicPeace>
<DiploMusicPeaceEra>
<EraType>ERA_ANCIENT</EraType>
</DiploMusicPeaceEra>
<DiploMusicPeaceEra>
<EraType>ERA_CLASSICAL</EraType>
</DiploMusicPeaceEra>
<DiploMusicPeaceEra>
<EraType>ERA_MEDIEVAL</EraType>
</DiploMusicPeaceEra>
<DiploMusicPeaceEra>
<EraType>ERA_RENAISSANCE</EraType>
</DiploMusicPeaceEra>
</DiplomacyIntroMusicPeace>

I'm not entirely certain, but I think these are the leaders that have the issue of the wrong diplomusic playing in the Industrial and Modern eras, so this could very well be the cause of that bug.

Thanks, I'll try it.

in 1700AD scenario there is a lighthouse in Stockholm. and trading post can be built on top of it. which is cool, but i doubt it is intentional?

You're right, good catch.

- In the civilopedia, the great people of the new colonial civs aren't hidden.
- Same for the American Navy Seal, Incan Terrace
- The pedia text of the Minuteman doesn't show up. There is a double entry. If you remove TXT_KEY_UNIT_AMERICAN_MINUTEMAN_PEDIA in Gametext_DoC_Units.xml, it will work.
- Printing Press doesn't have the info that the first catholic civs that discovers that tech will found Protestantism.
- Some of the new units don't have unique buttons yet. Do you want me to create the missing ones?
- Probably unneccessary to say, but don't forget to remove the Mercenaries page in the concepts page in the civilopedia.

In my current Moors game there appears to be a bug. Everyone's stability is at 0. In your stability screen, it also still says I have 20 for Golden Age.
I used world builder and I have changed some things in the files
• On Epic speed
• Added some dynamic names for my vassals (xml text and python)
• VD and Blue Marble is downloaded
• Used world builder to erase some holy cities, change some terrain, move some wonders (although none to me and none that had to do for Golden Age)

Attachments

• Ibrahim ibn Sinan AD-1520 Turn 438.CivBeyondSwordSave
    874.7 KB · Views: 27
In a few games I’ve played as Argentina in the current version (1.11) Confucianism is sometimes present in Washington and also Ciudad de Guatemala! This religion (as it is expressed in DoC) has no place in the US! Maybe those missionaries are similar to modern Huawei employees - and like that company found "other means” to be present in the nation? :shifty:

In a few games I&#8217;ve played as Argentina in the current version (1.11) Confucianism is sometimes present in Washington and also Ciudad de Guatemala! This religion (as it is expressed in DoC) has no place in the US! Maybe those missionaries are similar to modern Huawei employees - and like that company found "other means&#8221; to be present in the nation? :shifty:

Why no place? Do you know how many Chinese workers came to work in New World after abolition of slavery? Ever wondered why is there a Chinatown in every major city? Those folks just keep practising their religion! Perhaps it even has to do something with American UP!

Let me tell you and the Author about real bug. Playing Mexico 3000 BC start: old auto war with Colombia and ... Mughals! But get this: Mughals are British Raj but I am at peace with UK :crazyeye:. It may take a save to figure out what is going on here.

Also there is Danzig 2 tiles East of Berlin which happens to be a name for that landlocked city. Not cool.

And finally there is definitely something strange going on with civs that are using another civ slot as respawn: some of the variables do not get the reset. Prime examples are civics and espionage points (and weight assignments). So Mexico starts with one set of civics with the name Aztec Triple Alliance. It is useless to change any civics (you start with City states, for example, feels like last Aztec civic before they died). Useless, because on turn 2 when you get a flip -- all your civics get changed to those Leoreth thought will be appropriate for Mexico. Likewise, Espionage settings look like those Aztecs AI would implement against rivals I did not even met as Mexico, but they met as Aztecs long time ago. For example I met Norway and discovered I have 99 weight against them, perhaps even some points from Aztec legacy...

Why no place? Do you know how many Chinese workers came to work in New World after abolition of slavery? Ever wondered why is there a Chinatown in every major city? Those folks just keep practising their religion! Perhaps it even has to do something with American UP!

No place in the game as far as other real life religions are expressed. I've seen Islam in Oslo, Buddhism in Dublin, etc. By your argument above we would have almost every religion in the game present in almost every city in the game.

You wouldn’t define San Francisco as a Confucian city – you would define it as a Protestant city in the game.

As its abhorrent that Danzig exists as a landlocked city in the game so it's abhorrent that Confucianism exists in Washington in 1814 in the game.

Top Bottom