Bug reports and technical issues

OMG, you can't open it because you it requires the flags :( Anyway, I opened it with SVN 765 and the problem was solved.

Did you modify any files by yourself? Are there files/folders that show a red/yellow symbol instead of a green one?

What does SVN mark as your current revision when you open the show logs option?

It might be because Windows restricts rights for modifying the mod folder for some reason, but usually that results in an error message.

Turns out to be caused by a case of luser :blush: I recently transferred all my data to a new laptop, including the "My Games" folder where I still had the Mod saved. Interestingly, the game accessed this version of the Mod and not the one in the drive the game was actually installed on...

But thanks anyway!

Good to hear on both counts!

Chandragupta still doesn't have any introduction text (i.e. the unique text you get when you meet a civ for the first time).

Not a bug report per se, but a general comment/question. I've been playing variants of Rhyes for years, and BTS for a few months. My problem is that starting in the late medieval period, DoC gets sloooooooooooooooooooooow between turns. Like minutes between turns.

I don't have the most up-to-date computer, but no slacker either. A laptop running Windows 8, 4gb ram, i7 2675QM @ 2.20GHz. AMD Radeon HD 6750M.

Is this common? Is it just because my computer is too slow? I know CIV does't run on multiple cores - is that the problem? Is it that I have too little RAM? This applies to all versions of DoC, though I am now on one of the later (latest?) SVN builds. I haven't played the other versions much of late, so am not sure whether it is DoC specific or not.

In any case, this is really frustrating - I find anything later than early modern unplayable.

I am sure this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I can't be bothered to go through all of the comments to find the relevant thread. I would be happy to look back at the right thread if anyone can point the way.

Thanks!

Not sure how much RAM Windows 8 consumes, but that seems to be the likely bottleneck. If you are using the VD module, removing it will also help.

Loaded save with current SVN & got the attached.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 56
Sorry, fix is in the latest commit.

It's 1.11, but I can't draft any slaves. I'm running forced labor, but it still tells me "must run forced labor." Is this fixed in SVN?

Catholic Missionary calls the Catholic Shrine the "Church of the Nativity" instead of the "Church of the Holy Sepuchre".
In 1700 AD scenario this cottage is impossible to build. x=68,y=31.
I am on the Latest SVN

It's 1.11, but I can't draft any slaves. I'm running forced labor, but it still tells me "must run forced labor." Is this fixed in SVN?
Good question, where is your city?

Some logical issues related to the Congress mechanism:

1. If I took Shanghai fair and square in an ongoing war, China shouldn't be able to stole it from me just that easy via Congress.. especially if I'm not participating in the congress.

2. IMO Barbarian cities shouldn't be able to be wanted (and then granted) in Congress. They are barbarian. If they can talk, negotiate and do diplomacy, then they're an Independent Nation, not Barbarians.

Some logical issues related to the Congress mechanism:

1. If I took Shanghai fair and square in an ongoing war, China shouldn't be able to stole it from me just that easy via Congress.. especially if I'm not participating in the congress.
You can still refuse, right?

2. IMO Barbarian cities shouldn't be able to be wanted (and then granted) in Congress. They are barbarian. If they can talk, negotiate and do diplomacy, then they're an Independent Nation, not Barbarians.
They've become subject to the diplomacy of other nations, that happened a lot, see the partition of Africa.

Axum (600 AD) and Kilwa.
Okay, that seems to be fixed. Unless you have met your enslave limit per turn.

If I refused, I got into war with all nation that agree, which is more irritating and disadvantaged me.

In my opinion, a civilization should not be able to ask for a city of another civilization they are at war with. In my case, China should be allowed to ask for Russian or Japanese city; but not me (Korea) and Thailand that they are at war with - just for the sake of fairness.

Why not? The congress is just all civs agreeing that your enemy should have that city, backed up by threat of war. Why should that be impossible just because you are already at war with them?

Well,speaking of congress,there was a bug that when I refused to give a city to someone,nobody declared war on me!

Well,speaking of congress,there was a bug that when I refused to give a city to someone,nobody declared war on me!

Not necessarily a bug. IIRC, civs that are significantly weaker than yours won't declare war if they don't think they have a chance of winning.

Brazil Starts with free Market in 3000 BC. But in 600 and 1700 AD starts with Merchantism.
Arabia starts with Vassalage in 600 AD. But in 3000 BC starts with no Organization Civic.
Prussia starts with Capitalism in 3000 BC and 600 AD. But starts with Agrarianism in 1700 AD.
America starts with Capitalism in 3000 BC and 600 AD. But starts with Agrarianism in 1700 AD.
Argentina starts with Merchantism in 1700 AD. But in 600 AD and 3000 BC starts with Free Market.
I am on the latest SVN.

Top Bottom