1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports and technical issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. citis

citis Deity

OMG, you can't open it because you it requires the flags :( Anyway, I opened it with SVN 765 and the problem was solved.

2. Aharon

Aharon Chieftain

Turns out to be caused by a case of luser :blush: I recently transferred all my data to a new laptop, including the "My Games" folder where I still had the Mod saved. Interestingly, the game accessed this version of the Mod and not the one in the drive the game was actually installed on...

But thanks anyway!

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Good to hear on both counts!

4. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Chandragupta still doesn't have any introduction text (i.e. the unique text you get when you meet a civ for the first time).

5. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

And the “Fear my No Unit!” greeting.

6. urban

urban Chieftain

Not a bug report per se, but a general comment/question. I've been playing variants of Rhyes for years, and BTS for a few months. My problem is that starting in the late medieval period, DoC gets sloooooooooooooooooooooow between turns. Like minutes between turns.

I don't have the most up-to-date computer, but no slacker either. A laptop running Windows 8, 4gb ram, i7 2675QM @ 2.20GHz. AMD Radeon HD 6750M.

Is this common? Is it just because my computer is too slow? I know CIV does't run on multiple cores - is that the problem? Is it that I have too little RAM? This applies to all versions of DoC, though I am now on one of the later (latest?) SVN builds. I haven't played the other versions much of late, so am not sure whether it is DoC specific or not.

In any case, this is really frustrating - I find anything later than early modern unplayable.

I am sure this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I can't be bothered to go through all of the comments to find the relevant thread. I would be happy to look back at the right thread if anyone can point the way.

Thanks!

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Not sure how much RAM Windows 8 consumes, but that seems to be the likely bottleneck. If you are using the VD module, removing it will also help.

8. trevor

trevor Warlord

Loaded save with current SVN & got the attached.

Attached Files:

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Sorry, fix is in the latest commit.

10. baseballpie

baseballpie Deity

It's 1.11, but I can't draft any slaves. I'm running forced labor, but it still tells me "must run forced labor." Is this fixed in SVN?

11. Sgt. Bears

Sgt. Bears Warlord

Catholic Missionary calls the Catholic Shrine the "Church of the Nativity" instead of the "Church of the Holy Sepuchre".
    In 1700 AD scenario this cottage is impossible to build. x=68,y=31.
    I am on the Latest SVN

12. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Good question, where is your city?

13. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Some logical issues related to the Congress mechanism:

1. If I took Shanghai fair and square in an ongoing war, China shouldn't be able to stole it from me just that easy via Congress.. especially if I'm not participating in the congress.

2. IMO Barbarian cities shouldn't be able to be wanted (and then granted) in Congress. They are barbarian. If they can talk, negotiate and do diplomacy, then they're an Independent Nation, not Barbarians.

14. baseballpie

baseballpie Deity

Axum (600 AD) and Kilwa.

15. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

You can still refuse, right?

They've become subject to the diplomacy of other nations, that happened a lot, see the partition of Africa.

Okay, that seems to be fixed. Unless you have met your enslave limit per turn.

16. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

If I refused, I got into war with all nation that agree, which is more irritating and disadvantaged me.

In my opinion, a civilization should not be able to ask for a city of another civilization they are at war with. In my case, China should be allowed to ask for Russian or Japanese city; but not me (Korea) and Thailand that they are at war with - just for the sake of fairness.

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Why not? The congress is just all civs agreeing that your enemy should have that city, backed up by threat of war. Why should that be impossible just because you are already at war with them?

18. VGL

VGL Deity

Well,speaking of congress,there was a bug that when I refused to give a city to someone,nobody declared war on me!

19. FinalLegendZero

FinalLegendZero Prince

Not necessarily a bug. IIRC, civs that are significantly weaker than yours won't declare war if they don't think they have a chance of winning.

20. Sgt. Bears

Sgt. Bears Warlord

Brazil Starts with free Market in 3000 BC. But in 600 and 1700 AD starts with Merchantism.
    Arabia starts with Vassalage in 600 AD. But in 3000 BC starts with no Organization Civic.
    Prussia starts with Capitalism in 3000 BC and 600 AD. But starts with Agrarianism in 1700 AD.
    America starts with Capitalism in 3000 BC and 600 AD. But starts with Agrarianism in 1700 AD.
    Argentina starts with Merchantism in 1700 AD. But in 600 AD and 3000 BC starts with Free Market.
    I am on the latest SVN.